No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad the government is funded so I had to miss this game.

Comment

• Holy smokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Holy smokes!
        You'd think we'd come into the OT all fired up and instead we brick a couple of long balls and are down 4 just like that.

Comment

• Well that was more drama than it should have been. Good to get the win.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Stupid Congress.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I can’t wait until Heath leaves. I hate his offense. Coach shouldn’t have given him the reins and should take them back. Give me Nashif back any day.

Comment

• A win was looking pretty unlikely when they went down 7. A lot had to go right for the comeback. Loved Elijah's pure three as regulation was winding down.

That said, they should never have had to come back from behind. They were so sloppy with the ball (season high in turnovers) and body control (multiple offe d4ive fouls). Really disappointed in the poor execution for most of the gane.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I’ll take an ugly win.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                      I can’t wait until Heath leaves. I hate his offense. Coach shouldn’t have given him the reins and should take them back. Give me Nashif back any day.
                      BYU's conference record at this point in the season: 9-5

2017: 9-5
                      2016: 10-4
                      2015: 9-5
                      2014: 9-5
                      2013: 9-4 (fewer games because Pacific wasn't in the conference)
                      2012: 10-3

So..., it doesn't appear that BYU's woes were any better under Nashif than they are under Schroyer.

Comment

• But without Schroyer, our defense would go back to being abysmal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          A win was looking pretty unlikely when they went down 7. A lot had to go right for the comeback. Loved Elijah's pure three as regulation was winding down.

That said, they should never have had to come back from behind. They were so sloppy with the ball (season high in turnovers) and body control (multiple offe d4ive fouls). Really disappointed in the poor execution for most of the gane.
                          Agreed.

I attended the game with my son. We gave up 19 pts off turnovers in the first half. I was dead from a sleep deficit and the game was boring and frustrating so we bailed and went home. I turned on the TV to see us down 7 and on an 8-minute stretch with zero FGs. We were down by 6 and had just fouled with 30 seconds left so I turned it off and had a nap. Woke up and watched the comeback on the DVR.

That was an ugly, sloppy game. No excuse to be playing like that at this point in the season. Typical Dave Rose team. Enough talent to beat anyone on a given night, but always sufficiently poorly coached that we can to lose to the worst teams on a given night.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Rose's teams traditionally have been very good about not turning the ball over too much. But the last couple of seasons, not so much. Then again, these have been his two least experienced teams, so that may have something to do with it. I think TO's drive him nuts though. It's probably one of the main reasons he's had a short leash on Dastrup who can be particularly careless about it, despite his obvious raw talent.

Comment

• This year I'd love for the WCC to suddenly do what every other conference sometimes does at tournament time and have the first two teams lose in the first round.

Comment

• so that LMU can get the auto bid?
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X