No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Worthington is team captain?? If this doesn’t resurrect DDD nothing will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      I thought that was for football or futbol only.
      I have talked about basketball in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        I have talked about basketball in there.
        Must've missed it. I'll take another look.

Comment

Must've missed it. I'll take another look.
          Wasn't a lot. I think I mentioned I picked up some Middle School basketball games. Point is the thread is for all sports officials. The more the merrier.

Comment

• Well, how about Nick Emery doesn't play one game this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Well, how about Nick Emery doesn't play one game this season?

That sucks. I hope he is able to sort things out in his life.

Comment

• Nixon for MVP

Comment

• Elijah Bryant is on fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    Elijah Bryant is on fire.
                    Yes!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I wonder if there's still a special place in the Telestial Kingdom for his 3 point shooting?

Comment

• I repeat: Nixon for MVP ... I think from this point forward I'm going to call him the Robot, and the Robot can ball.

Comment

I repeat: Nixon for MVP ... I think from this point forward I'm going to call him the Robot, and the Robot can ball.
                          He was 6/7 from three Saturday. He was a good shooter before he came here. His body was just never right last year.

Comment

• I think the next two games will give BYU an idea to what extent this team is better. I think given the reality of BYU's lack of depth, in that I think it hurts BYU to have to put anyone off the bench on the court other than Hardnett and Nixon, I think the ceiling of this year's team is an NCAA tourney birth and a first round loss - the essential BYU ceiling. I think this group has the potential to be a good BYU team. To me if BYU is in the tourney and not in the play in game - I would consider this year a success. If they can win a play in game and get to the real March Madness the same applies. However, for BYU to end the year as that good of a team and return every player then next year should be good, legitimately good - something they have not been since Fredette graduated.

I am in the camp that thinks this team is better. Playing Princeton and UT Arlington will give BYU a clearer picture of who and what they are. I thought BYU looked good on Sat. It was against a crappy opponent but I remember being unable to put teams like that away entirely or not doing it until the opponent tired. While it took BYU about 6 minutes to get rolling Saturday, the game was an utter blowout by halftime. The optimist in me sees that as an indicator that BYU is better. Further, they did without their best player doing much on the offensive end. I think BYU has 4 offensive players who can all go off for 20+ points each night. I also believe the team defense is improving. Time will tell how the change in system exposes us to other areas, such as giving up offensive rebounds.

For BYU to have punched their ticket to the NCAA tourney before the WCC Conference Tourney they need to win the next two games. If Emery returns next year, which I am in the camp that thinks that is probably not real likely, and Dastrup can develop into an adequate player then next year and the year after could be really special. History is not on our side, so I hope we can beat the odds!
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I just learned that the masturbating dufus is back on the team?!?!? When did this happen and how is that even possible? Too bad about Emery I guess? Should be a lot of fun not watching BYU not make the NIT this year.

To you optimists out there I wish you all a sincere, good luck!
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I just learned that the masturbating dufus is back on the team?!?!? When did this happen and how is that even possible? Too bad about Emery I guess? Should be a lot of fun not watching BYU not make the NIT this year.

To you optimists out there I wish you all a sincere, good luck!

took me a minute figure out who you were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X