No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree that Dastrup finally showed some signs that he might soon be better than Worthington.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Agree that Dastrup finally showed some signs that he might soon be better than Worthington.
      Any player who can make a lay up is better than Luke offensively.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Any player who can make a lay up is better than Luke offensively.
        Worthington has been a lot better this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Worthington has been a lot better this year.
          Yeah, c'mon Topper.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Topper was slumming on CB during the game yesterday wo is me-ing all over the place in the 2nd half of the game. Interestingly enough, as soon as started making the comeback and eventually winning, Topper was nowhere to be found.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Topper was slumming on CB during the game yesterday wo is me-ing all over the place in the 2nd half of the game. Interestingly enough, as soon as started making the comeback and eventually winning, Topper was nowhere to be found.
              Ahhhhheeeeemmmmmmm.

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Well, we still suck.
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Start out 9-0 out of the gate and then get out scored 38-19

Basketball! You were supposed to help the great BYU depression of 2017, not add to it!
              Originally posted by Topper View Post
              really a somber mood around BYU sports nowadays.
              I saw these posts and thought the game was over and we had lost.

I love you, LC!
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                I think our continuity offense doesn’t play to our advantage this year but next year it could pay off.
                Why is that? Are there personnel differences that you expect to make it work better next season, or do they just need a year of experience running the system before they can really take advantage? Some other reason?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Ahhhhheeeeemmmmmmm.

I saw these posts and thought the game was over and we had lost.

I love you, LC!
                  Hey! I turned my mood around and even willied!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Why is that? Are there personnel differences that you expect to make it work better next season, or do they just need a year of experience running the system before they can really take advantage? Some other reason?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    Continuity offenses are hard to guard but they also require time to perfect. Players need to make the same reads of the defense on the fly then make the same decisions. We are struggling on offense when we aren’t able to get the same reads and have t9 win matchups. Next year will be better.

Comment

• Couldn't watch these games as I'm not on facebook, and even after trying with a family member's account found out it wasn't working anyway. So I listened instead. It was nice to hear the team rally with the comeback in the second half. It sounds like Dastrup had a big role in it, which is really good to see.

I'll add that if Dastrup steps up and becomes an important factor, it pushes us into an NCAA tournament kind of team But we'll see.

Also, if we make our open three point shots tonight we win comfortably.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 11-29-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Luke with a couple a sweet sky hooks over UVU's large fellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Luke with a couple a sweet sky hooks over UVU's large fellow.
                          Dude there's a game thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            Dude there's a game thread!
                            There's also a dedicated Luke thread. 0-2 for me.

Comment

• A nice first ten minutes for BYU against IllSt.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                A nice first ten minutes for BYU against IllSt.
                                Best defense we’ve played all year.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X