No announcement yet.

2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. We lost to Pacific. That is super awesome.

Comment

• Ugh. Terrible loss. I blame the Lone Peak 0 100%. He is effing awful.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• And BYU loses to a 196 RPI team. Classic.

Comment

• There’s been a lot of talk that BYU is better defensively than it was last year. This isn’t true. I was worried about the continuity offense. It isn’t working. Some of our best scorers can’t get shots they can hit in this offense. The continuity offense has killed TJ and Seljaas on offense. I like Schroyer but the two major things he did aren’t any better than where we were last year. Mika and Nick being gone is hurting us too. We are young. No multi year starters at the start of the season. We aren’t worse than last year but we also aren’t better. We need to play better D and we need to score in transition more this tempo sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Ugh. Terrible loss. I blame the Lone Peak 0 100%. He is effing awful.
            Yeah, bust would be a polite way to describe the LP3.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• After blowing the wide open game winner against smc, it would have been nice for Zac to have that game winner count last night. As it is I am pretty depressed that our days of losing to teams like Pacific are not behind us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                After blowing the wide open game winner against smc, it would have been nice for Zac to have that game winner count last night. As it is I am pretty depressed that our days of losing to teams like Pacific are not behind us.
                Yeah. BYU's bball team has sunk fairly low. The talent just isn't there and might not be there for a long time.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Yeah. BYU's bball team has sunk fairly low. The talent just isn't there and might not be there for a long time.
                  Last night wasn't about talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Last night wasn't about talent.
                    Pacific looked more skilled, player for player.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Pacific looked more skilled, player for player.
                      Then why have they lost so many more games? It's not that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Then why have they lost so many more games? It's not that simple.
                        BYU is better-coached.

Comment

BYU is better-coached.
                          We do need better talent and depth. It would also be nice to finally have a few years without massive year to year turnover. Maybe with no seniors right now, next year is that year. I think we've really been hurt by replacing about 7-10 players every year for the last 3 or 4 years.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            We do need better talent and depth. It would also be nice to finally have a few years without massive year to year turnover. Maybe with no seniors right now, next year is that year. I think we've really been hurt by replacing about 7-10 players every year for the last 3 or 4 years.
                            Also doesn't help to have Nixon out. His energy might have made the difference in that lethargic performance.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Also doesn't help to have Nixon out. His energy might have made the difference in that lethargic performance.
                              Nixon could have made a difference in both of those losses, I agree, but all teams deal with injuries.

Comment

Nixon could have made a difference in both of those losses, I agree, but all teams deal with injuries.
                                except that as fans we tend to only afford that excuse to our opponents. We beat Utah because they had a couple of guys out...

Teams have up and down nights, especially young teams. We're still better than last year, and the record by the end of the season will reflect that. Unfortunately it's likely not as much progress as we wanted right away, I guess. It's also proving to be more difficult to win the WCC than it was the MWC, probably because the MWC never had anyone as consistently good as Gonzaga.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X