Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Friday, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Jelly bean or rectangle?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Good Friday, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Damn, bro. That's a big pool and a big yard (for Las Vegas). No wonder my water bill is so high!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good Friday, indeed.

Holy cow. Where are you going to get the water to fill THAT?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Holy cow. Where are you going to get the water to fill THAT?
            Weird choice of word to emphaize. I would have gone with the emphasis on "FILL", but that's just me.

In related news, it looks like Dwight and I are in a race:

I'd say with my head start we're sure to win, but mine is semi owner-build, so it's going a bit slow.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Didn't get the 12 person spa.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Weird choice of word to emphaize. I would have gone with the emphasis on "FILL", but that's just me.
                Fair enough.

It's an inside joke between Dwight and me. I am sure he will get it.

In related news, it looks like Dwight and I are in a race:

I'd say with my head start we're sure to win, but mine is semi owner-build, so it's going a bit slow.
                Wow. Nice.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Wow. Nice.
                  Not as long as Dwight's, but a bit wider. That matters, right?
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not as long as Dwight's, but a bit wider. That matters, right?
                    So I hear.

Comment

Even if you had the nicest pool in Las Vegas, or surrounding environs, you would still be living in Las Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Even if you had the nicest pool in Las Vegas, or surrounding environs, you would still be living in Las Vegas...
                        But what is you had the nicest house in Las Vegas? Would you still be living in Las Vegas then?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think I see the confusion. You guys are thinking the pool is a rectangle with the deep end between two shallow ends, ya? I guess maybe everybody missed where I said it would be L-shaped?

Here's a rudimentary, not-to-scale sketch.

[ATTACH]7810[/ATTACH]

We would add a raised spa in a location still TBD, and somewhere near the deep end we would probably notch out a spot for a grotto with a rock waterfall/diving platform that could be built a few years down the line.
                          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          That plan would work well and I'd definitely prefer it over my current pool. I also wouldn't have the space in my backyard to make it work. But if you have the space and cash to do it, go for it.
                          So we tried every which way to fit an L-shaped pool. In the end, it was just taking up too much of the yard. It wouldn't fit behind the house, and it was taking up pretty much the entire side yard, which would force us to choose between a basketball court and a lawn. And I didn't want to reduce the court to a hoop with a 20'x20' pad, so we decided to go with a rectangle behind the house.

Our lot is such that we have about 30' from our house to our back wall along the full length of the house. That opens to a nice-sized side yard. In total we have just under a third of an acre, and our house is placed nicely in the front west corner. We should be able to fit this in the rear east corner of the lot and still have room for a half-court basketball court, trampoline, and swingset on that side of the house.

See above. We needed another 10' to the east to make this work without cramming stuff in.

It's nice to see that you're finally ripping out all that turf that you put back there last summer.
                          The turf is staying, bro!
                          Whoops. The pool is now where the turf was. But don't worry, we'll contribute to the drought with some turf over in the side yard. (But relax, we'll make up for it by removing the turf in our front yard and replacing with xeriscape.)

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          Even if you hadthe nicest pool in Las Vegas, or surrounding environs, you would still be living in Las Vegas...
                          Unless you were living in the surrounding environs, of course. In that case you would not be living in Las Vegas. I understand why some many wouldn't want to live in Vegas. Just like I'm sure you can understand why many people wouldn't want to live in northern Utah.

Comment

Looks kind of dangerous - lots of opportunity to get scraped up while swimming.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

i like vegas. my degenerate tendencies would definitely take over if i lived there, but i would give it a shot
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

It has been slow going, but we finally have tile and the makings of a slide.

Looking like we’re not going to be ready in time for a Memorial Day bash.

Comment

Working...
                                X