No announcement yet.

Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to take mine to car wash and power wash the heck out of them. First thing to do... now that you're going to clean them yourself, is to cut the bands on them so you can open them up and get the spray nozzle in there and get as much gunk out as you can. The reason for the car wash is to leave the debris at the car wash and not my property. I used to go through about ten cleanings with each filet before I'd give up and buy a new one.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      How often do you clean yours? They told me to clean every 6 months but I think I might need to do it more often.
      Every three months, usually. I tend to stretch it out a bit in the offseason. I really just watch the pressure gauge and when it gets above a certain point I clean them out. It used to be a big pain but I learned a couple techniques to get the cover back on and bought a couple tools to help with it all. Easy peasy now.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Looks great, DH.

Will you come and give me a hot-weather lawn tutorial? My lawn needs some help.
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
          Looks great, DH.

Will you come and give me a hot-weather lawn tutorial? My lawn needs some help.
          I can tell you exactly how to get a lawn like DH's: have it re-sodded every year.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I can tell you exactly how to get a lawn like DH's: have it re-sodded every year.
            That might work, but it’s not my method.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

After the stone issue, we decided to scrap the whole pool idea and filled it in this morning.

Just kidding. Sports court, corner pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Every three months, usually. I tend to stretch it out a bit in the offseason. I really just watch the pressure gauge and when it gets above a certain point I clean them out. It used to be a big pain but I learned a couple techniques to get the cover back on and bought a couple tools to help with it all. Easy peasy now.
                Any tips for the band clamp? That thing is a bitch to get back on and is always a two person job at our house. I use my waterfalls as a guide for when it's time to clean the cartridges. When they can't push a decent looking fall at pump speed 2 it's time to clean. Seems to be about 6 weeks in the busy season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                  Any tips for the band clamp? That thing is a bitch to get back on and is always a two person job at our house. I use my waterfalls as a guide for when it's time to clean the cartridges. When they can't push a decent looking fall at pump speed 2 it's time to clean. Seems to be about 6 weeks in the busy season.
                  Yes, I used to struggle with that but now it’s easy. Once I have the top cover on, I place the middle section (mine has three metal sections) along the back and hit it on with a rubber mallet. It’ll go on enough to stay on while I do the same thing with the other sections...making sure first to put the bolt into the hole thingy first. Then I usually have enough play on the bolt to hand stew it on with the washers and spring.

I use an impact driver and bolt screwer on thingy to get t all tightened up.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Yes, I used to struggle with that but now it’s easy. Once I have the top cover on, I place the middle section (mine has three metal sections) along the back and hit it on with a rubber mallet. It’ll go on enough to stay on while I do the same thing with the other sections...making sure first to put the bolt into the hole thingy first. Then I usually have enough play on the bolt to hand stew it on with the washers and spring.

I use an impact driver and bolt screwer on thingy to get t all tightened up.
                    Ok, that's what I do except that I've never been able to get that middle section to stay so I hold it with my leg while I do the other two pieces. I have to hold it while a second person does the bolt. Maybe I need to hit it a little harder.

So, this one time, at band clamp... Ask me about the first time I ever did the cartridges and then tried to put the top and clamp back on while shirtless and wearing swim trunks. Hint: involves microscopic fiberglass shards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Ok, that's what I do except that I've never been able to get that middle section to stay so I hold it with my leg while I do the other two pieces. I have to hold it while a second person does the bolt. Maybe I need to hit it a little harder.

So, this one time, at band clamp... Ask me about the first time I ever did the cartridges and then tried to put the top and clamp back on while shirtless and wearing swim trunks. Hint: involves microscopic fiberglass shards.
                      I made this mistake once, only luckily it was a short sleeved shirt so only my arms hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        After the stone issue, we decided to scrap the whole pool idea and filled it in this morning.

Tease.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Your neighbor's yard looks a lot nicer than yours. (S,JBH.)
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

So here’s a fun story. Remember the pool issue with the wall stone?! Well, everyone recognized that it was indeed the wrong stone. Wrong manufacture and everything. The supplier was never really clear on what the mix up was to our pool guy but told him that it was their fault and they’d refund his $2,400 and replace it with the correct stuff. They told him that they wouldn’t compensate him for the labor. I think that I previously mentioned that he told us that if it was “good enough,” that he’d give us a price break. But, given what she saw on display at the suppliers, my wife wanted the lighter color and different geometric design of the stone she originally picked out.

Arizona Tile supposedly put a rush order in for the correct stuff and gave us a turn around of about three weeks. Waiting and waiting. Our contractor had put several calls into Arizona Tile seeking an update, without any helpful information. So my wife took matters into her own hands, found contact info for the manufacturer and eventually tracked down the Western rep to get to the bottom of what the hell was going on.

Turns out, he had never been contacted by Arizona Tile, in fact, despite being their only supplier in Las Vegas, this manufacturer had never received an order from this supplier. After some pushing, my wife discovered that they had the stone, more than enough in stock, would sell to her directly and could have it delivered to our house within a week. Sold.

Not sure what the hell was going on with Arizona Tile in that they hadn’t even placed the order after a month and several follow up calls. My guess is that they used an “equivalent” product that either have them some sort of kick back or cost them less while charging us for the original. Whatever the reason, the poor behavior made zero sense. Glad to have all of that behind us.

The correct stone showed up on Friday and needless to say, we’re super happy that we stuck to our guns. Here’s a photo of the wrong stone and the right stone.

LOL. I’d point out which is which, but it hardly matters after all the effort. My wife is super embarrassed. Give it some fade, lighting or some large conspiracy, the color she remembers seeing on display (she picked it out without me) just didn’t match up what showed up. She was very apologetic to the contractor and made sure the subs that showed up (again) this morning had plenty of cold drinks and fresh baked goods.

Here’s where we are tonight. Spa tile is in. Stone is up. First phase of concrete is dry. Pebble Tech goes in later this week. Leaving town for Bear Lake family reunion this weekend. Whomp whomp.

Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 07-22-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Backyard achievement #2: Unlocked.

Finally. Plenty of finishing touches that still need to happen, but there’s water and kids in the pool and that’s enough for me to call this chapter finished. I really like the way it turned out and owe my wife a ton for taking care of most of the details and essentially managing the whole project. She sure does a great job of making sure thing get done and making sure they’re done right.

Step 1 was the basketball court. Step 2 was the pool and concrete. Step 3 is the pergola which is supposed to go in today. Step 4 will be the turf between the pool and basketball court. Step 5 will be landscaping the perimeter. And step 6 will be installing the outdoor kitchen area.

Speaking of turf, we’re sort of considering a subsurface emitter system. Any chance anyone here has gone that route? It’s a nice theory but I’m not quite sold on the reality. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

Comment

• Looks great, DS. I love the look of pebbletec, but I hate the feel on my baby-soft feet.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X