Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do people afford this? this would cost $6mm where i live
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      how do people afford this? this would cost $6mm where i live
      Don't you live in the bay area? Before we moved to our current home we considered expanding and improving our old one. We got a bid for a new pool with integrated hot tub and water feature and decking and it was going to cost about $350,000-450,000, depending on a few features.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Looks great, DS. I love the look of pebbletec, but I hate the feel on my baby-soft feet.

Pebbletec has gotten way better over the years, It used to totally shred my feet, but its super comfortable now.

Backyard looks awesome, DS. What is going to happen to those 4" spacer lines in the concrete?

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Don't you live in the bay area? Before we moved to our current home we considered expanding and improving our old one. We got a bid for a new pool with integrated hot tub and water feature and decking and it was going to cost about $350,000-450,000, depending on a few features.
          Wait, Wut?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            Wait, Wut?
            Well, we thought it was a lot. It would have been a very nice pool.

Btw Dwight, that looks great.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Backyard looks awesome, DS. What is going to happen to those 4" spacer lines in the concrete?
              My guess: kiddie fence. Actually, as I take a closer look, it's probably a drain.
              Last edited by Donuthole; 08-17-2018, 11:43 AM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

That's crazy. Our pool/spa/decking with "water features" was ~ $50k.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Really? No way you can get a pool and deck and feature for 50k here. Not even a starter. Maybe something above ground.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Really? No way you can get a pool and deck and feature for 50k here. Not even a starter. Maybe something above ground.
                    We did a hybrid owner-build, but still.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

We did a hybrid owner-build, but still.
                      Some friends of ours need to have their pool replastered. The first bid they got was for just over 50k.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Wow! That looks fantastic. Well done.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Bay Area prices are insane, but just a couple of hours north you can get the same package for probably a quarter to a third of what creekster was quoted. Our pool/spa/waterfall was already here when we moved in, but probably cost $150k max. And its a pretty nice set up.

Crazy side note, when we bought the place, the appraisal only credited the property something insane like $35k for all of the landscaping in the front and back yards, including the pool. The previous owner was a professional landscaper and probably put $300k worth into it over the years.

Comment

Bay Area prices are insane, but just a couple of hours north you can get the same package for probably a quarter to a third of what creekster was quoted. Our pool/spa/waterfall was already here when we moved in, but probably cost $150k max. And its a pretty nice set up.

Crazy side note, when we bought the place, the appraisal only credited the property something insane like $35k for all of the landscaping in the front and back yards, including the pool. The previous owner was a professional landscaper and probably put $300k worth into it over the years.
                            Its got to be worth it for a crew from Redding to spend a week down in the Bay Area and do a couple of pools, no? I can't believe there hasn't been someone to undercut the market.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yep. Landscaping and pools are, generally speaking, a terrible financial investment.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Its got to be worth it for a crew from Redding to spend a week down in the Bay Area and do a couple of pools, no? I can't believe there hasn't been someone to undercut the market.
                                It would totally be worth it. They're pretty busy as it is up here, I wonder if it is just a labor shortage that keeps them from doing it.

My office manager's husband is a commercial plumber. He commutes to San Francisco early every Monday morning and works in the Bay for 4 days before returning home Thursday night. Makes close to triple in those 4 days what he would make here in 5 days. And not to mention the cost to his employer down there to rent an apartment for him and another guy year round.

Comment

Working...
                                X