No announcement yet.

Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the hot tub going to be deep with those steep angled walls?

You doing the tile work - like you did before?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      It has been slow going, but we finally have tile and the makings of a slide.

Looking like we’re not going to be ready in time for a Memorial Day bash.

Nice work. You’re still winning. They were supposed to shoot this last week but no one ever showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        Is the hot tub going to be deep with those steep angled walls?

You doing the tile work - like you did before?
        Nah. These days I’m better off in the money department (Thanks, Trump!) but worse off in the free time department. That’s not to say I won’t still weekend warrior some home-improvement projects, but this wasn’t really something I could fit into my schedule.

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Nice work. You’re still winning. They were supposed to shoot this last week but no one ever showed up.

Yeah that has happened to us a lot. If we don’t pester the contractor, they don’t come. If we complain a little, they send a guy over to tinker around. If we raise hell, they get a crew here and get some stuff done. We’re trying to balance the fine line of being squeaky enough to get oil, but not so squeaky that they tune us out completely.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

We got home from a week on Lake Powell earlier this week to discover that they had installed the tile on our accent wall.

Too bad it isn’t the tile that we selected.

Oops.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Aw man. That super sucks.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

We got home from a week on Lake Powell earlier this week to discover that they had installed the tile on our accent wall.

Oops.

Ouch. I like the tile actually, just not with the wall.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oops.

So...are they going to rip it out and put in the correct stuff? I'd make them, and at no cost to me. Too permanent, and expensive, to not have it done right.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  So...are they going to rip it out and put in the correct stuff? I'd make them, and at no cost to me. Too permanent, and expensive, to not have it done right.

Of course that is option A. Alternatively, the builder will probably offer an option to keep that tile at no charge to DS or at a steeply reduced rate. I don't know how close this tile is to what they ordered, but if it were close, and it were going to be $3-4k in savings, I'd probably consider that option.

Comment

Water finally going into the pool.

Comment

Congrats! Not you're only 30 days from swimming. [emoji849]
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Congrats! Not you're only 30 days from swimming. [emoji849]
                        14! Should be ready just in time for 4th of July.

Comment

Of course that is option A. Alternatively, the builder will probably offer an option to keep that tile at no charge to DS or at a steeply reduced rate. I don't know how close this tile is to what they ordered, but if it were close, and it were going to be $3-4k in savings, I'd probably consider that option.
                          If that's an option, I agree completely. But if there are no concessions, then I would make them pull it.

Comment

14! Should be ready just in time for 4th of July.
                            if there’s water why you have to wait
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              if there’s water why you have to wait
                              The quartz/plaster has to cure. If you get in before it has fully hardened, it will flake out. But that doesn't take 14 days. It takes 3-4. However, pool can't be heated for 10 days after that. So we can actually start swimming this weekend in the cold water, but it might be a few days before it is warm enough to be comfortable. Personally, I love a cold pool when it's hot outside.

Comment

Looks great! Your kids will love having a slide.

I wish we had incorporated a water feature into ours. There was going to be a short retaining wall on one end that I hoped to make into a waterfall into the pool, but I balked on the cost.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                                X