Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

I used to take mine to car wash and power wash the heck out of them. First thing to do... now that you're going to clean them yourself, is to cut the bands on them so you can open them up and get the spray nozzle in there and get as much gunk out as you can. The reason for the car wash is to leave the debris at the car wash and not my property. I used to go through about ten cleanings with each filet before I'd give up and buy a new one.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    How often do you clean yours? They told me to clean every 6 months but I think I might need to do it more often.
    Every three months, usually. I tend to stretch it out a bit in the offseason. I really just watch the pressure gauge and when it gets above a certain point I clean them out. It used to be a big pain but I learned a couple techniques to get the cover back on and bought a couple tools to help with it all. Easy peasy now.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Looks great, DH.

Will you come and give me a hot-weather lawn tutorial? My lawn needs some help.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    Looks great, DH.

Will you come and give me a hot-weather lawn tutorial? My lawn needs some help.
    I can tell you exactly how to get a lawn like DH's: have it re-sodded every year.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I can tell you exactly how to get a lawn like DH's: have it re-sodded every year.
    That might work, but it’s not my method.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Default Pools? jelly bean or rectangle?

After the stone issue, we decided to scrap the whole pool idea and filled it in this morning.

Just kidding. Sports court, corner pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Every three months, usually. I tend to stretch it out a bit in the offseason. I really just watch the pressure gauge and when it gets above a certain point I clean them out. It used to be a big pain but I learned a couple techniques to get the cover back on and bought a couple tools to help with it all. Easy peasy now.
    Any tips for the band clamp? That thing is a bitch to get back on and is always a two person job at our house. I use my waterfalls as a guide for when it's time to clean the cartridges. When they can't push a decent looking fall at pump speed 2 it's time to clean. Seems to be about 6 weeks in the busy season.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Any tips for the band clamp? That thing is a bitch to get back on and is always a two person job at our house. I use my waterfalls as a guide for when it's time to clean the cartridges. When they can't push a decent looking fall at pump speed 2 it's time to clean. Seems to be about 6 weeks in the busy season.
    Yes, I used to struggle with that but now it’s easy. Once I have the top cover on, I place the middle section (mine has three metal sections) along the back and hit it on with a rubber mallet. It’ll go on enough to stay on while I do the same thing with the other sections...making sure first to put the bolt into the hole thingy first. Then I usually have enough play on the bolt to hand stew it on with the washers and spring.

I use an impact driver and bolt screwer on thingy to get t all tightened up.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Yes, I used to struggle with that but now it’s easy. Once I have the top cover on, I place the middle section (mine has three metal sections) along the back and hit it on with a rubber mallet. It’ll go on enough to stay on while I do the same thing with the other sections...making sure first to put the bolt into the hole thingy first. Then I usually have enough play on the bolt to hand stew it on with the washers and spring.

I use an impact driver and bolt screwer on thingy to get t all tightened up.
    Ok, that's what I do except that I've never been able to get that middle section to stay so I hold it with my leg while I do the other two pieces. I have to hold it while a second person does the bolt. Maybe I need to hit it a little harder.

So, this one time, at band clamp... Ask me about the first time I ever did the cartridges and then tried to put the top and clamp back on while shirtless and wearing swim trunks. Hint: involves microscopic fiberglass shards.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Ok, that's what I do except that I've never been able to get that middle section to stay so I hold it with my leg while I do the other two pieces. I have to hold it while a second person does the bolt. Maybe I need to hit it a little harder.

So, this one time, at band clamp... Ask me about the first time I ever did the cartridges and then tried to put the top and clamp back on while shirtless and wearing swim trunks. Hint: involves microscopic fiberglass shards.
    I made this mistake once, only luckily it was a short sleeved shirt so only my arms hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    After the stone issue, we decided to scrap the whole pool idea and filled it in this morning.

Tease.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Your neighbor's yard looks a lot nicer than yours. (S,JBH.)
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump