No announcement yet.

Trumpcare: Making America Healthy Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump said at his presser that overall he liked the health care bill, but there were some things he didn't like. When someone asked him for an example, he said 'I'm not going to get into specifics'. I suspect that he really doesn't like to get into any specifics about governing. Except maybe for the height of the border wall and the origin of steel for the pipeline.

Trump, the not going to get into specifics president. God bless America.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Rand Paul applauds the house conservatives... His presser:

Dr. Rand Paul Comments on the U.S. House Rejecting ‘Obamacare Lite’

Today, U.S. Senator and physician Rand Paul released the following statement after U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan pulled the American Health Care Act from a floor vote for the second day in a row:

“I applaud House conservatives for keeping their word to the American people and standing up against Obamacare Lite,” said Dr. Paul. “I look forward to passing full repeal of Obamacare in the very near future.”

Earlier this month, Dr. Paul introduced the Obamacare Repeal Act (S. 554), which is the same legislation, with an updated timeline, to repeal major components of Obamacare that an overwhelming Republican majority sent to President Obama’s desk in January 2016.

You can read more about Dr. Paul’s Obamacare Repeal Act HERE.

In January, Dr. Paul introduced the free-market based Obamacare Replacement Act (S. 222), which empowers Americans to: 1.) Choose inexpensive insurance free of government dictates; 2.) Save unlimited amounts in a health savings account (HSA) and have wider options for using those funds; 3.) Buy insurance across state lines; and 4.) Join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.

You can find a one-page summary of Dr. Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Act, which the House Freedom Caucus endorsed in February, HERE.
      https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/pre...obamacare-lite

Of course, I have little hope for Paul's bill passing in the senate without going nuclear. A better plan would to bring it to a vote (which it won't pass) and let Obamacare go into the sh*tter (it is almost there). Then after next election cycle the senate would most likely have the votes to pass something like Paul's plan since folks would be wanting a change and be totally upset with Obamacare.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Apparently there's some new healthcare bill that will voted on tomorrow. This tweet and all the responses bring back some good memories of when the ACA was getting rammed down our throats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Apparently there's some new healthcare bill that will voted on tomorrow. This tweet and all the responses bring back some good memories of when the ACA was getting rammed down our throats

It will be great. Believe me!

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            It will be great. Believe me!
            They can congratulate themselves on passing it and then the senate will ignore it just like the other 60 times the House repealed Obamacare.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I guess the basic difference is that an amendment that allows states to apply for waivers from various Obamacare regulations that prevents insurers from taking risk into consideration when determining premiums and then to combat the pre-existing conditions they increased the $$ going to state high risk pools.

The result has Prof Wuap evangelizing on facebook that a single payer plan is the only moral way forward.

What I hate is the waiver stuff, can it be granted and then revoked? Do we go into a pattern of Obamacare-lite when a R is in the White House and full blown Obamacare when the Ds own the administration?
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Trump said at his presser that overall he liked the health care bill, but there were some things he didn't like. When someone asked him for an example, he said 'I'm not going to get into specifics'. I suspect that he really doesn't like to get into any specifics about governing. Except maybe for the height of the border wall and the origin of steel for the pipeline.

Trump, the not going to get into specifics president. God bless America.
                His presidency would improve if he stayed away from specifics. Simply delegate the specifics to competent people, trust them to do their job and keep the reality show going to distract people. Details are not his specialty, if anything is.

Reagan was a superior intellect to Trump, but he delegated rather than worry about the messy details. His job was selling what his people had developed. Of course, he had class, savoir faire and few other attributes missing from Trump. But, why worry about a few details.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    What does this new bill look like? Did it make any improvements over the last version?
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      What does this new bill look like? Did it make any improvements over the last version?
                      Doesn't matter. DOA in the Senate. And then if the Senate changes it to make it palatable to enough Senators to pass, the new version won't pass the House. Eventually Trump will just declare victory and move on while Obamacare remains in place.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Doesn't matter. DOA in the Senate. And then if the Senate changes it to make it palatable to enough Senators to pass, the new version won't pass the House. Eventually Trump will just declare victory and move on while Obamacare remains in place.
                        Yeah, it just barely passed in the house... and 20 GOP'ers voted against it.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Heh. What's next for the Dems? Maybe some cheers followed by coordinated clapping (clap clap clap-clap-clap)?

Also does the new AHCA cover botox?

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Who was actually singing that? The Daily Herald article says it was the Dems, insinuating that the Repubs wouldn't be re-elected after repeal.

Beaten but unbowed, Democrats insisted Republicans will pay at election time for repealing major provisions of the law. They sang the pop song "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" to the GOP lawmakers as the end of the voting neared.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                              Who was actually singing that? The Daily Herald article says it was the Dems, insinuating that the Repubs wouldn't be re-elected after repeal.
                              The Daily Herald got the lyrics wrong so I dont believe them.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                The Daily Herald got the lyrics wrong so I dont believe them.
                                I wouldn't expect this kind of ignorance from you. Daily Herald was referencing the name of the song, not the lyrics.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=713
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X