Road bike advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
    If anyone on this thread cares (or will even notice this post), I finished Lotoja at 11 hours 45 minutes moving time (12:14 total). It was pretty cool, but doubt I will ever do it again! On to new challenges like eating doughnuts and watching tv.
    Congratulations on finishing. i need something is front of me or I'm afraid I'm headed down that same road or doughnuts and TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Lightweights.
      I know this is a light hearted jab, but I am curious: have you ever actually eaten 8 or more krispy kremes in a row? Not just any doighnut but the KK gl;azed? It is like an enormous mopuind of fat amnd sugar is dropped in youir stomach. I have a prodgious appetite and can pack away a lot of food, but that was just too much for even me.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        I know this is a light hearted jab, but I am curious: have you ever actually eaten 8 or more krispy kremes in a row? Not just any doighnut but the KK gl;azed? It is like an enormous mopuind of fat amnd sugar is dropped in youir stomach. I have a prodgious appetite and can pack away a lot of food, but that was just too much for even me.
        We did a fundraiser for a non-profit once at Krispy Kreme.

The deal was, we got to be there at the store and help fill the boxes of glazed donuts, and our organization received a portion of sales for the 2 hours we were there.

They have that conveyer belt of donuts coming off the fryer and through the glaze. If you don't take the donuts off, they drop into a big garbage can at the end. Any donuts that are stuck together or don't have full glaze coverage are let to pass. While we were there, we were told we could eat as many glazed donuts as we wanted to.

Over the course of 2 hours, I know I ate a dozen. One of my co-workers was counting and harassing me about it. Didn't sleep too great that night - but those suckers taste so good coming hot off the the conveyer belt I just couldn't stop myself. I was quite a bit younger and lacked all kinds of self control.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          If anyone on this thread cares (or will even notice this post), I finished Lotoja at 11 hours 45 minutes moving time (12:14 total). It was pretty cool, but doubt I will ever do it again! On to new challenges like eating doughnuts and watching tv.
          Why not bike and eat doughnuts at the same time? Looks like you can easily fit a dozen in the basket:

8617cefe0710abf67e19023d74bd555e--mr-bean-ride-a-bike.jpg
          Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 09-26-2017, 09:12 PM.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

haha! nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Pretty sure I have. I remember when KK opened up in Orem and having a binge. So not unlike the Coke challenge, I'll be sure to run a test and report back.

Comment

OK, I concede. I am obviously a doughnut lightweight.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                X