No announcement yet.

2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been a coaching re-shuffle on D. Kaufusi with LBs. Who is handling DL?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Usually have to wait until the summer for the Dick Harmon strength and conditioning article.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...rking-out.html

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Usually have to wait until the summer for the Dick Harmon strength and conditioning article.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...rking-out.html
        Weightlifting? In football? Who would've thought.

Comment

Based upon his articles you'd think each player had been transformed into Luke Kuechly. Either that or he finally decides to come out publicly. Either/or.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Ordered our season tickets.

Comment

It isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but man, I'm loving being able to watch this spring scrimmage.

I have very high hopes for Bushman. That will be nice to have a great TE.

Kody Wilstead's skinny arms, though....

Comment

Bronco was a dumbass for not allowing this to happen. Makes me want to boo him again.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  It isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but man, I'm loving being able to watch this spring scrimmage.

I have very high hopes for Bushman. That will be nice to have a great TE.

Kody Wilstead's skinny arms, though....
                  It was fun to watch. Kudos to Holmoe for getting it on tv. Shumway looks good. The new RB transfer from Wisconsin looks massive. I may be more excited about him than anyone else. He looks like Bettis v2. The rain made the practice a bit sloppy. Tanner had a couple nice throws but wasn't all that sharp with the downpour. Hoge looks much better this year and Detmer is maybe 5 lbs heavier than me.

What I liked the most were the interviews. It was almost like a spring media day getting to hear from everyone. Very cool and very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

BYU fan fest in Houston this year. Congrats Moliere.

*Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      BYU fan fest in Houston this year. Congrats Moliere.

I have no idea what a fan fest is, but I'll be there regardless :rockon2:
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        I have no idea what a fan fest is, but I'll be there regardless :rockon2:
                        Autograph sessions, gear, player and coach meet and greets. Basically a BYU party. Cool event for the family.

*Banned*

Comment

Ouch. Talk about going from a high to a low:

Junior offensive lineman Jacob Jimenez suffered a torn ACL in his knee during the team’s practice in St. George a little more than a week ago.

The injury occurred while he was running down field to celebrate a score. Jimenez will miss the 2017 season and redshirt.
                          http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ck.html?pg=all
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Congrats D-hole.

Fan fest in North Las Vegas on April 22nd.

*Banned*

Comment

Boom! I try to avoid North Town, but in this case I'll make an exception.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

There are a few BYU articles on CFN today, including their 2017 BYU preview. I enjoyed the What if BYU goes 13-0? article.

No, really, what happens if BYU goes 13-0? Or 12-1? Does that mean that BYU could have this whole thing figured out after all?

After years of being told it should be back in the Mountain West - and getting spurned by the Big 12 and Pac-12 - could remaining independent pay off in every way possible if the team turns out to be good enough for run the table?

Comment

Working...
                                X