No announcement yet.

2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing how the WR corps steps up this year after catching so many balls.

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...000fd2763.html

Comment

Whew. Thank goodness you're okay.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Coaches are very high on Khyiris Tonga. I've heard NFL first rounder and Star Lotuleilei multiple times. Admissions were tough but this kid belongs at BYU and the athletic department made it happen.

Comment

As a lifelong fat kid, I feel adequately qualified to state that Tanner Mangum is not adding only muscle mass.

Dude is definitely chunking up.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            As a lifelong fat kid, I feel adequately qualified to state that Tanner Mangum is not adding only muscle mass.

Dude is definitely chunking up.
            Last chubby BYU QB? Walsh? I'd take 2 John Walsh years out of Mangum, that would be fun.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Last chubby BYU QB? Walsh? I'd take 2 John Walsh years out of Mangum, that would be fun.
              Was Engeman chunky or just slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                I'd take a 2002 BE, he just had no options around him.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

I'm hearing that Tanner throws the option routes better than Taysome so Hifo is likely to have a good year.

Comment

I've rewatched several of last year's games, and my appreciation for Detmer has increased slightly, while my appreciation for Taysom the passer hit the shits. He wasn't always that bad, though. Thinking back to the Houston game in 13 (I think), dude was airing it out. First half of Nebraska, he looked sharp. Last season, I think I under-appreciated the extent to which the lis franc injury affected his accuracy.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                      I'm hearing that Tanner throws the option routes better than Taysome so Hifo is likely to have a good year.
                      What are your thoughts on Cahoon? I've been pretty unimpressed with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Yes.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          What are your thoughts on Cahoon? I've been pretty unimpressed with him.
                          What are your thoughts on Cahoon? Why are you unimpressed with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            What are your thoughts on Cahoon? Why are you unimpressed with him?
                            The routes seemed poorer and they didn't fight as hard for separation. I'll be curious to see how the wideouts do this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              The routes seemed poorer and they didn't fight as hard for separation. I'll be curious to see how the wideouts do this year.
                              I agree. I don't see any improvement with Cahoon. He was a very reliable receiver when here, but while he coached I've not seen any progression by the receivers.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• When Cahoon came the first time I saw a noticeable improvement. Very noticeable. Could be the change of regime this time didn't favor our WR's habits- or they could have been sluggish b/c Lavar Ball was very tight w the WRs and they were bummed to lose that leader. I have faith that we'll get back to where we need to be.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X