• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

I didn't see a season thread yet.

First, LET'S GO, COUGARS!!!

Second, BYU released the official schedule:

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu...tball-schedule

It looks like ESPN already picked up the Boise State/BYU game for its Friday night game that week.

(And yes, the MWC released their schedules today. And yes, the Broncos have a bye the week before the BYU game again.)
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    I didn't see a season thread yet.

First, LET'S GO, COUGARS!!!

Second, BYU released the official schedule:

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu...tball-schedule

It looks like ESPN already picked up the Boise State/BYU game for its Friday night game that week.

(And yes, the MWC released their schedules today. And yes, the Broncos have a bye the week before the BYU game again.)

Is this the 3rd time in the last 4 years that has been the case with the Trucker Utes? Or am I conflating BYU's games with both them and the Gaggies (and maybe the Utes)? Seems like those teams have all had their fair share of BYEs leading into the BYU game.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

So if you ahd to choose one game other than Fresno State to attend next year, which would it be? Hawaii? Wiscy? Starkville? The please dont hurt us Utes? LSU? Decisions, decisions.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        So if you ahd to choose one game other than Fresno State to attend next year, which would it be? Hawaii? Wiscy? Starkville? The please dont hurt us Utes? LSU? Decisions, decisions.
        LSU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Based on your suggested games, I'll assume you meant to limit the selection to away/neutral games. In that case, I'd be most interested in attending the LSU game. The game/site my wife would be most interested in is Hawaii.

The game I'm most likely to attend is at home against Boise State.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Based on your suggested games, I'll assume you meant to limit the selection to away/neutral games. In that case, I'd be most interested in attending the LSU game. The game/site my wife would be most interested in is Hawaii.

The game I'm most likely to attend is at home against Boise State.
            Not really limited to away games. Wisconsin and Utah are at LES, but the others are away. Fresno St. I will attend becasue although it is not very close at least it is in my state. I'd like to do LSU and Utah and WIsconsin but I dont think I want to travel that often for the games. My friend says Starkville is a fun place to see a game, but I am not sure he is telling me the truth.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Not really limited to away games. Wisconsin and Utah are at LES, but the others are away. Fresno St. I will attend becasue although it is not very close at least it is in my state. I'd like to do LSU and Utah and WIsconsin but I dont think I want to travel that often for the games. My friend says Starkville is a fun place to see a game, but I am not sure he is telling me the truth.
              Not sure why I thought those were all away games. I might try to make it down for the Wisconsin game, too.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The problem with Starkville is that it sucks to get to. You have to fly into Jackson, Memphis or Birmingham then drive at least two hours. The stadium is not that exciting either but the catfish is good. The good news is NASCAR will be running at the Talladega speedway the next day. So I am tempted to fly into Birmingham, drive over to the BYU game in Starkville on Saturday then to Talladega for the big race on Sunday.

I am going to try to plan a business trip so I can catch the Frenso St game. Also, drive down to H-town for the LSU game, of course, if I can find some tickets.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I will be catching at least 4 games next year!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                    I will be catching at least 4 games next year!

I wish I could swing that many. I'm definitely at LSU, I'm strongly considering Hawai'i, and in a perfect world, I'd fly to Utah for the Rivalry Game and against Wisconsin, but I'd rather stay married.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        I'll be there as usual!

Comment

You don't come to LV enough, so I say UNLV. Best football stadium in town (now that they have taken down the temporary lingere bowl stadium from down near Fremont street)!
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            You don't come to LV enough, so I say UNLV. Best football stadium in town (now that they have taken down the temporary lingere bowl stadium from down near Fremont street)!
                            That's my most likely game this season. Utah and 'Sippi State are on my wish list.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I will be at:

Utah
                              Whiskey
                              UNLV
                              Fresneck St.

Comment

Working...
                              X