Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

Default 2017 BYU Cougar Football Thread

I didn't see a season thread yet.

First, LET'S GO, COUGARS!!!

Second, BYU released the official schedule:

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu...tball-schedule

It looks like ESPN already picked up the Boise State/BYU game for its Friday night game that week.

(And yes, the MWC released their schedules today. And yes, the Broncos have a bye the week before the BYU game again.)
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    I didn't see a season thread yet.

First, LET'S GO, COUGARS!!!

Second, BYU released the official schedule:

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu...tball-schedule

It looks like ESPN already picked up the Boise State/BYU game for its Friday night game that week.

(And yes, the MWC released their schedules today. And yes, the Broncos have a bye the week before the BYU game again.)

Is this the 3rd time in the last 4 years that has been the case with the Trucker Utes? Or am I conflating BYU's games with both them and the Gaggies (and maybe the Utes)? Seems like those teams have all had their fair share of BYEs leading into the BYU game.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

So if you ahd to choose one game other than Fresno State to attend next year, which would it be? Hawaii? Wiscy? Starkville? The please dont hurt us Utes? LSU? Decisions, decisions.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    So if you ahd to choose one game other than Fresno State to attend next year, which would it be? Hawaii? Wiscy? Starkville? The please dont hurt us Utes? LSU? Decisions, decisions.
    LSU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Based on your suggested games, I'll assume you meant to limit the selection to away/neutral games. In that case, I'd be most interested in attending the LSU game. The game/site my wife would be most interested in is Hawaii.

The game I'm most likely to attend is at home against Boise State.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Based on your suggested games, I'll assume you meant to limit the selection to away/neutral games. In that case, I'd be most interested in attending the LSU game. The game/site my wife would be most interested in is Hawaii.

The game I'm most likely to attend is at home against Boise State.
    Not really limited to away games. Wisconsin and Utah are at LES, but the others are away. Fresno St. I will attend becasue although it is not very close at least it is in my state. I'd like to do LSU and Utah and WIsconsin but I dont think I want to travel that often for the games. My friend says Starkville is a fun place to see a game, but I am not sure he is telling me the truth.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Not really limited to away games. Wisconsin and Utah are at LES, but the others are away. Fresno St. I will attend becasue although it is not very close at least it is in my state. I'd like to do LSU and Utah and WIsconsin but I dont think I want to travel that often for the games. My friend says Starkville is a fun place to see a game, but I am not sure he is telling me the truth.
    Not sure why I thought those were all away games. I might try to make it down for the Wisconsin game, too.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

The problem with Starkville is that it sucks to get to. You have to fly into Jackson, Memphis or Birmingham then drive at least two hours. The stadium is not that exciting either but the catfish is good. The good news is NASCAR will be running at the Talladega speedway the next day. So I am tempted to fly into Birmingham, drive over to the BYU game in Starkville on Saturday then to Talladega for the big race on Sunday.

I am going to try to plan a business trip so I can catch the Frenso St game. Also, drive down to H-town for the LSU game, of course, if I can find some tickets.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I will be catching at least 4 games next year!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    I will be catching at least 4 games next year!

I wish I could swing that many. I'm definitely at LSU, I'm strongly considering Hawai'i, and in a perfect world, I'd fly to Utah for the Rivalry Game and against Wisconsin, but I'd rather stay married.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'll be there as usual!

You don't come to LV enough, so I say UNLV. Best football stadium in town (now that they have taken down the temporary lingere bowl stadium from down near Fremont street)!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    You don't come to LV enough, so I say UNLV. Best football stadium in town (now that they have taken down the temporary lingere bowl stadium from down near Fremont street)!
    That's my most likely game this season. Utah and 'Sippi State are on my wish list.

I will be at:

Utah
    Whiskey
    UNLV
    Fresneck St.

There's been a coaching re-shuffle on D. Kaufusi with LBs. Who is handling DL?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Usually have to wait until the summer for the Dick Harmon strength and conditioning article.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...rking-out.html

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Usually have to wait until the summer for the Dick Harmon strength and conditioning article.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...rking-out.html
    Weightlifting? In football? Who would've thought.

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Based upon his articles you'd think each player had been transformed into Luke Kuechly. Either that or he finally decides to come out publicly. Either/or.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Ordered our season tickets.

It isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but man, I'm loving being able to watch this spring scrimmage.

I have very high hopes for Bushman. That will be nice to have a great TE.

Kody Wilstead's skinny arms, though....

Bronco was a dumbass for not allowing this to happen. Makes me want to boo him again.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    It isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but man, I'm loving being able to watch this spring scrimmage.

I have very high hopes for Bushman. That will be nice to have a great TE.

Kody Wilstead's skinny arms, though....
    It was fun to watch. Kudos to Holmoe for getting it on tv. Shumway looks good. The new RB transfer from Wisconsin looks massive. I may be more excited about him than anyone else. He looks like Bettis v2. The rain made the practice a bit sloppy. Tanner had a couple nice throws but wasn't all that sharp with the downpour. Hoge looks much better this year and Detmer is maybe 5 lbs heavier than me.

What I liked the most were the interviews. It was almost like a spring media day getting to hear from everyone. Very cool and very well done.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

BYU fan fest in Houston this year. Congrats Moliere.

*Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    BYU fan fest in Houston this year. Congrats Moliere.

I have no idea what a fan fest is, but I'll be there regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I have no idea what a fan fest is, but I'll be there regardless
    Autograph sessions, gear, player and coach meet and greets. Basically a BYU party. Cool event for the family.

*Banned*

Ouch. Talk about going from a high to a low:

Junior offensive lineman Jacob Jimenez suffered a torn ACL in his knee during the team’s practice in St. George a little more than a week ago.

The injury occurred while he was running down field to celebrate a score. Jimenez will miss the 2017 season and redshirt.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ck.html?pg=all

Congrats D-hole.

Fan fest in North Las Vegas on April 22nd.

*Banned*

Boom! I try to avoid North Town, but in this case I'll make an exception.

There are a few BYU articles on CFN today, including their 2017 BYU preview. I enjoyed the What if BYU goes 13-0? article.

No, really, what happens if BYU goes 13-0? Or 12-1? Does that mean that BYU could have this whole thing figured out after all?

After years of being told it should be back in the Mountain West - and getting spurned by the Big 12 and Pac-12 - could remaining independent pay off in every way possible if the team turns out to be good enough for run the table?