Studio C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Agreed, however I have found some of their stuff funny.

Studio C is like the Disney channel. My kids watch is constantly and I don't get much of it, but every once in a while there will be a 5 minute piece that I'll find enjoyable.
    This is pretty much where I am. I guess that makes us haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      Studio C doesn't hold a candle to The Garrens, but frankly, I applaud any attempt at a sense of humor at the BYU.
      Do we have a grumpy old man or a get off my lawn emoji?

"This new fangled stuff isn't as funny as the things I used to watch"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        At least somebody got the joke!

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          Do we have a grumpy old man or a get off my lawn emoji?

"This new fangled stuff isn't as funny as the things I used to watch"
          I knew this thread would be funny.

... I don't get much of it, but every once in a while there will be a 5 minute piece that I'll find enjoyable.
          Sure. In other words, exactly like every other sketch-based comedy show.

And yet:

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          This is pretty much where I am. I guess that makes us haters.
          Poor bo diddley!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Sure. In other words, exactly like every other sketch-based comedy show.
            You might be right, since I really don't watch anything anymore, but 1980's SNL was pretty good.

Poor bo diddley!

Can I get an irony alert? Wait. Nevermind.

Comment

You might be right, since I really don't watch anything anymore, but 1980's SNL was pretty good.
              While I loved SNL 86 to 92. There were plenty of dub sketches in there. There always is.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                While I loved SNL 86 to 92. There were plenty of dub sketches in there. There always is.
                I think we're quibbling over ratios. Even so, every comedian has a different style, and individuals will disagree who is funny based on their tastes. I think David Letterman is hilarious, but didn't care much for Jay Leno.

Comment

To me, SNL's sweet spot was early 90s when they cleaned house and brought in Sandler, Farley, Chris Rock, Tim Meadows, Julia Sweeney, David Spade, etc. but still kept a few on like Kevin Nealon and Mike Meyers.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                    Studio C doesn't hold a candle to The Garrens, but frankly, I applaud any attempt at a sense of humor at the BYU.
                    I didn't care for the Garrens at all.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of Mallory and Whitney. And that one guy. The other guy is Ok too. They've put out a lot of content in a short few years - the idea well is only so deep. I think a couple of them will be called up to SNL. Maybe PAC's daughter can show them around 30 Rock.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Meh. SNL hasn't been truly good since The 70s.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Can I get an irony alert? Wait. Nevermind.
                          Yes! I would be happy to give a ruling.

IRONY FAIL.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            I'm a big fan of Mallory and Whitney. And that one guy. The other guy is Ok too. They've put out a lot of content in a short few years - the idea well is only so deep. I think a couple of them will be called up to SNL. Maybe PAC's daughter can show them around 30 Rock.
                            Nah. SNL is so specific and very capricious, too. You can be funny and not be on SNL-- I thought In Living Color and Mad TV had awesome stuff that was not SNL-type humor.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Agreed, however I have found some of their stuff funny.

Studio C is like the Disney channel. My kids watch is constantly and I don't get much of it, but every once in a while there will be a 5 minute piece that I'll find enjoyable.

Rationalization. One of Satan's most devious traps.
                              I intend to live forever.
                              So far, so good.
                              --Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                I didn't care for the Garrens at all.
                                I was never impressed with them. I saw them once when they opened up for Vocal Point. They were mildly amusing, but not hilarious. And I'm a Snider fan.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X