Social Media Outrage/Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Let's be honest. It was all about the MAGA hat. Without that, this would have been a smiling kid and nothing would have happened.

He is not going to get $250M, but it wouldn't hurt to see the media be a little more responsible in vetting this kind of stuff before running with it. Or maybe ignore it altogether. Good grief, a guy beat a drum in front of a kid. Who cares?
    Good grief, are you living under a rock? The media isn't just in a hurry and sloppy. See Jesse Smollett. There is a predetermined narrative that the country is racist and homophobic and getting worse because of Trump, and the media is ever eager for "news" that will add to this narrative. And the presidential candidates on the left are always in a hurry to pile on. If you don't pile on that must mean you're racist or homophobic.

By the way, the left has had a terrible couple of weeks. This, Jesse Smollett, Amazon and New York and Cuomo finger pointing AOC craziness for driving out Amazon, Howard Schultz calling out left wing fantasies, Schumer and Pelosi calling out Ilhan Omar's anti-Semitism.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Good grief, are you living under a rock? The media isn't just in a hurry and sloppy. See Jesse Smollett. There is a predetermined narrative that the country is racist and homophobic and getting worse because of Trump, and the media is ever eager for "news" that will add to this narrative. And the presidential candidates on the left are always in a hurry to pile on. If you don't pile on that must mean you're racist or homophobic.

By the way, the left has had a terrible couple of weeks. This, Jesse Smollett, Amazon and New York and Cuomo finger pointing AOC craziness for driving out Amazon, Howard Schultz calling out left wing fantasies, Schumer and Pelosi calling out Ilhan Omar's anti-Semitism.
      Ha, I don't know that it's racist because of Trump, but I found out just how terrible it is because of Trump. Dude's like the Pied Piper of xenophobes. I had no idea how many shitty racist family members I had. How disheartened I've been with this country. I'd be good living somewhere else-- that same pride just isn't there and I'm convinced it was all propaganda.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Ha, I don't know that it's racist because of Trump, but I found out just how terrible it is because of Trump. Dude's like the Pied Piper of xenophobes. I had no idea how many shitty racist family members I had. How disheartened I've been with this country. I'd be good living somewhere else-- that same pride just isn't there and I'm convinced it was all propaganda.
        I don't have any family members like that, so I'm sheltered in this regard. Also, most of us voted for Hilary.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

So you agree with me! Greetings, fellow rock-dweller.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I don't have any family members like that, so I'm sheltered in this regard. Also, most of us voted for Hilary.
            You're a lucky man! I will also note that most of your family members are probably college educated and thoughtful people.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              So you agree with me! Greetings, fellow rock-dweller.
              Wrong. SU agrees with me.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Having a racist president means we have a racist problem. Conservative snowflakes can whine all they want about that, but it’s true.

Comment

Where would you live to get away from the xenophobia? Seems like it’s everywhere. France is terrible about it. Sure, they let in more immigrants but they stick them in public housing developments (slums) and treat them like third class non-citizens.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    He agrees with me more.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• This is dumb. The kid and his parents won't get any money. The suit will be thrown out quickly. And the kid is used again as a pawn in some weird culture war, this time by the #MAGA crowd. He loses, and his name will forever be known for ill. Now that is sad. The adults in his life are not helping him.

But not as sad as people describing the face of a 18-month-old frolicking outside the temple after the marriage of his uncle as "punchable." That is trumpian SAD!
                      Last edited by myboynoah; 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        This is dumb. The kid and his parents won't get any money. The suit will be thrown out quickly. And the kid is used again as a pawn in some weird culture war, this time by the #MAGA crowd. He loses, and his name will forever be known for ill. Now that is sad. The adults in his life are not helping him.

But not as sad as people describing the face of a 18-month-old frolicking outside the temple after the marriage of his uncle as "punchable." That is trumpian SAD!
                        What are you talking about, Willis?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Having a racist president means we have a racist problem. Conservative snowflakes can whine all they want about that, but it’s true.
                          Yep. Not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, but everyone that voted for made the decision to vote for a confirmed racist.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

There was a conversation on a BYU sports-themed discussion board about the punchability of various minors' faces. I think it starts around here:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1403518
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sadly, MBN is getting a little confused in his old age and didn't quite understand the context of a prior conversation.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Straw men. He's talking about straw men.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X