Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Social Media Outrage Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I heart Tom Brady.
    You live in the Northwest. GFY.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Holy cow those responses show that there are a ton of self-righteous ass holes in this world. Incredible.
    Dude, you're just a privileged rich white male who doesn't care about the working classes and the rights and lives of millions of people! You either simply don't know how utterly hurtful and hateful your words are, or even worse, you know but don't care about the literal anguish and pain you are causing as you side with evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Oh come on:

Good on Ellen to respond to the outrage.
    I knew there was a good reason that the Cowboys lost to the Packers... Damn you Jones for letting a cheesehead into the Cowboys box!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Holy cow those responses show that there are a ton of self-righteous ass holes in this world. Incredible.
    Mind-blowing that she even needed to make that speech. What is wrong with people?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Dude, you're just a privileged rich white male who doesn't care about the working classes and the rights and lives of millions of people! You either simply don't know how utterly hurtful and hateful your words are, or even worse, you know but don't care about the literal anguish and pain you are causing as you side with evil.
    Hey. I have never watched a football game in the fancy owners box with a mass-murdering genocidal madman like Ellen did. So don't you judge me!

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

We all need to be outraged that Greta, that annoying AF girl from Sweden, did not win the Nobel Peace Prize which she in no way deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    We all need to be outraged that Greta, that annoying AF girl from Sweden, did not win the Nobel Peace Prize which she in no way deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Oh come on... She deserved it as much as Obama.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    That is sooooo funny.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed mostówatching BYU lose."

Obama speaks out against cancel culture, outrage culture, and being woke. Good for him.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Obama speaks out against cancel culture, outrage culture, and being woke. Good for him.

Ok boomer.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Ok boomer.
    Hack!

Interesting piece from the Atlantic about social media's role in the fracturing of our society:

https://outline.com/r4jHHc