No announcement yet.

Social Media Outrage/Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Sears does How to be a Woke White Person.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      JP Sears does How to be a Woke White Person.

I love that this guys is now pushing a Mg supplement. That's the funniest part of the video.

Comment

• Haha.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I can't think of anything to add...

Comment

• Evidently engineers at Sandia don't appreciate the woke trainings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Evidently engineers at Sandia don't appreciate the woke trainings.
              I read an article recently that talked about Disney rooting out wokeness after having encouraged it for a time.

Comment

• Maybe this thread should include cancel culture, which is what follows the outrage.

at USC:

Comment

Maybe this thread should include cancel culture, which is what follows the outrage.
                  Agreed. Thread title updated.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Maybe this thread should include cancel culture, which is what follows the outrage.

at USC:

that cabot phillips fella has some doozies.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      that cabot phillips fella has some doozies.
                      More here.

One professor notes, “Even with tenure and authority, I worry that students could file spurious Title IX complaints … or that students could boycott me or remove me as Chair.” I have no reason to suppose that he is being dramatic, because exactly this, he says, happened to his predecessor.
                      A statistics professor says:
                      I routinely discuss the fallacy of assuming that disparity implies discrimination, which is just a specific way of confusing correlation for causality. Frankly, I'm now somewhat afraid to broach these topics … since according to the new faith, disparity actually is conclusive evidence of discrimination.
                      An assistant professor of color who cannot quite get with the program writes, “At the moment, I’m more anxious about this problem than anything else in my career,” noting that “the truth is that over the last few years, this new norm of intolerance and cult of social justice has marginalized me more than all racism I have ever faced in my life.”
                      One professor committed the sin of “privileging the white male perspective” in giving a lecture on the philosophy of one of the Founding Fathers, even though Frederick Douglass sang that Founder’s praises. The administration tried to make him sit in a “listening circle,” in which his job was to stay silent while students explained how he had hurt them—in other words, a 21st-century-American version of a struggle session straight out of the Cultural Revolution.
                      A creative-writing instructor:
                      The majority of my fellow instructors and staff constantly self-censor themselves in fear of being fired for expressing the “wrong opinions.” It’s gotten to the point where many are too terrified to even like or retweet a tweet, lest it lead to some kind of disciplinary measure … They are supporters of free speech, scientific data, and healthy debate, but they are too fearful today to publicly declare such support. However, they’ll tell it to a sympathetic ear in the back corner booth of a quiet bar after two or three pints. These ideas have been reduced to lurking in the shadows now.
                      Very few of the people who wrote to me are of conservative political orientation. Rather, a main thread in the missives is people left-of-center wondering why, suddenly, to be anything but radical is to be treated as a retrograde heretic. Thus the issue is not the age-old one of left against right, but what one letter writer calls the “circular firing squad” of the left: It is now no longer “Why aren’t you on the left?” but “How dare you not be as left as we are.”

Comment

• (Black) Professor John McWhorter on USC's inquisition.

https://twitter.com/johnhmcwhorter/s...077289984?s=21
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Department of Education is cancelling Princeton after its president said racism is embedded in the institution.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-in-the-school

LOL

Comment

• Coinbase CEO says they're just going to be a company not a political action committee.

Comment

• We will need to shut down this site immediately.

I learned that Black men putting their bodies on the line for my enjoyment is inspired and maintained by my uninformed and disconnected whiteness and, as written in my previous article, positions student athletes as white property.
                              I have learned that I have taken pleasure in events that ask Black athletes to put their bodies on the line and take physical risks. I have been entertained by Black men who often are conditioned by society and structural racism in ways that lure them into athletics where the odds of making it are slim to none.

Comment

• Lol. Ohio State professor.

Comment

Working...
                                X