Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking Advantage of the Hurricane Matthew Destruction to Upgrade the Old Manse

Love the hexagonal floor tile.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Love the hexagonal floor tile.
    Agreed. But did they miss a black tile?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I love that floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Looks fantabulous!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I love that floor.

I love those paper towels.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I love those paper towels.
    HA! That's toilet paper!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Looking nice, wuap.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Looks fantastic, like a genuine manse.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    HA! That's toilet paper!
    You use paper towels for toilet paper? You should probably eat more fiber, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Agreed. But did they miss a black tile?
    Still wondering.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    You use paper towels for toilet paper? You should probably eat more fiber, bro!
    Apparently, yall can't read.

Still wondering.
    Nothing a good sharpie can't fix!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nothing a good sharpie can't fix!
    Wow, took me a little bit of effort to see that, even though I was explicitly looking for it.

Ha. I kid you not, it was the first thing I noticed when I saw that picture.

The house re-do looks great. I am sure you're excited about it. I would be. The DH tile issue is very curious. That sort of tile usually comes in connected sheets. I cant quite figure out how they would miss one unless they were missing it on the original sheet in which case they should have noticed it straight away. There must be some other explanation.
    Last edited by creekster; 04-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Looks like a different house. I like the handrail, reminds me of walking down in to a baptismal font. Great reminder for your kids.

*Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Looks like a different house. I like the handrail, reminds me of walking down in to a baptismal font. Great reminder for your kids.
    That was funny. I bet even wuap agrees.

Ha. I kid you not, it was the first thing I noticed when I saw that picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    The house re-do looks great. I am sure you're excited about it. I would be. The DH tile issue is very curious. That sort of tile usually comes in connected sheets. I cant quite figure out how they would miss one unless they were missing it on the original sheet in which case they should have noticed it straight away. There must be some other explanation.
    It's called a Rhodes Square. I figured DH would be hip enough to know what that was; I didn't want to embarrass him. Also, if that law thing doesn't work out, he should work for the US Geological Survey.

It's called a Rhodes Square.
    Lol. Is that what your contractor told you after you noticed the error?

I love this thread. Well done, wuap.

I probably missed it in my quick scroll-through, but tell me more about his pic:

"It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Lol. Is that what your contractor told you after you noticed the error?
    I thought you had lived in Latin America.

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    I love this thread. Well done, wuap.

I probably missed it in my quick scroll-through, but tell me more about his pic:

This is tile from Spain that we put in our laundry room floor. It's floor tile that's also water-resistant to standing water for 12 hours. After looking at a bunch of specialty shops, wayfair, houzz, and others, this was from homedepot.com It got delivered by Estes Shipping from the back of a semi.

When does the driveway go in wuap? Look great so far. At some point, when you have the time, I'd love to see a video walk-through of the new addition. I can't quite tell how it all fits together. E.g., I can't figure out what is down in the font area.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

This is tile from Spain that we put in our laundry room floor. It's floor tile that's also water-resistant to standing water for 12 hours. After looking at a bunch of specialty shops, wayfair, houzz, and others, this was from homedepot.com It got delivered by Estes Shipping from the back of a semi.
    Great-looking tile.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    When does the driveway go in wuap? Look great so far. At some point, when you have the time, I'd love to see a video walk-through of the new addition. I can't quite tell how it all fits together. E.g., I can't figure out what is down in the font area.
    They're coming tomorrow to map out the path and take note of buried sewer, water, gas, and cable rights of way. I have gotten the permit from SCDOT (my street is a state-maintained street) to cut the curb 13' 2" wide, and the city says that I'm not infringing on property lines since a driveway can be within 12 inches of a property line (provided it doesn't alter the drainage, and since my property line IS a drainage ditch, I'm good). Wednesday the arborist is coming to grind some buttressing roots from a swamp laurel oak that are in the way of the sidewalk to the ramp, and Thursday they started prepping the land (assuming the gorgeous weather holds).

As for a video walkthrough, sure. The downstairs baptismal font/bedroom & bathroom aren't cleaned up yet, so I haven't made that many photos of them. Wednesday, the cleaning crew is coming in to try and get the god-awful mess the HVAC guys made with the spray-on foam off the floor.

Looks great.

You going to do some landscaping when everything is done?

From disaster to beautiful. From regular to spectacular. I bet all the ward members will be jealous of you now, and wished they had a house half as nice as yours. You should feel proud and satisfied at turning a disaster into a huge positive that will last you for decades.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    From disaster to beautiful. From regular to spectacular. I bet all the ward members will be jealous of you now, and wished they had a house half as nice as yours. You should feel proud and satisfied at turning a disaster into a huge positive that will last you for decades.
    As opposed to that disaster he lived in before? Ouch!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!