No announcement yet.

Taking Advantage of the Hurricane Matthew Destruction to Upgrade the Old Manse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to miss your carport. Hopefully you found another location to stash the EZ cheese...
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      I am going to miss your carport. Hopefully you found another location to stash the EZ cheese...
      Ha, that was funny

The project is looking good, wuap. Hopefully everything goes along as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I was super busy this week with work, far more than normal, so I didn't get to post photos each day--I missed getting a shot of the metal underneath the concrete of the porch. They got a ton done this week though. The porch was poured, new hallway carpet, vinyl and wood siding on, wiring and rewiring begun, and the roofing is complete--including the cricket by the chimney which should finally stop the leaks around our chimney.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We're getting wired for two ceiling fans, two outdoor plugs down low, and one up high, with the plugs all connected to a switch inside, so I can shut off the Christmas lights without using a timer.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Finally, this bathroom's shower had a regular window in it before, so no one but me would use it. Plus, the weirdness of water on trim moulding and having to recaulk it all the time was an annoyance. So, I had them replace it with this much more modest transom. Once the paint dries, I don't think you'll be able to tell.

Comment

Looking really good wuap. Nice update to your place.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

I've got an older home that is in need of some facelift work on the outside. Just not sure where to start, and I don't want to mess with the roofline. But I love your big covered porch. Jealous!

Comment

Eddie, given the excellent recovery Wuap has wrought upon his casa (disregarding, for the nonce, all the blood, sweat and tears), it wouldn't haven't happened, certainly not this quickly, without the devestating storm. So, to get your redevelopment project underway, why not allow CS'ers the opportunity to go all Matthew on your abode?

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Eddie, given the excellent recovery Wuap has wrought upon his casa (disregarding, for the nonce, all the blood, sweat and tears), it wouldn't haven't happened, certainly not this quickly, without the devestating storm. So, to get your redevelopment project underway, why not allow CS'ers the opportunity to go all Matthew on your abode?
                    Eddie lives in Davis county. He just needs to transplant a tree on the east side of his house, and wait a few months for the next east windstorm to do what the hurricane did to Waup's.

Comment

The porch has a ceiling now.

New windows in 10 windows; not sure what's going to happen with the shutters. Still have 5 more to replace. Next year!

Comment

The beginnings of the landing for the handicapped ramp we're putting in for my step-father to use, if he ever comes.

This guidewire was moved 6 feet closer to the pole so we can route the new driveway where it was. The wooden stake in the second photo is where it used to be.

We got permanent power restored today, so no more temporary meter.

Comment

Comment

The steps to downstairs had to be removed in order to raise the landing height up to the rest of the main story. We're going to jackhammer the slab out down there and lay brick where a huge crack was. The steps will have to be rebuilt to make sure each step is the same height as the others.

Comment

Comment

I love that porch! The house is looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X