No announcement yet.

BYU Men's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cougs came from being down to win in three straight.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

The middles were really solid tonight. Clearly outplayed UCLA's middles. Fun game, fieldhouse was really rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Middle blocking sucks.
        We suck.
        We look like shit.
        We have no passing and no middle blocking. What an awful team.
        This BYU team is awful
        What a shitty service by Patch
        Just beat the #2 team in the country and greatest program in the history of men's volleyball twice. Funny stuff.

Comment

That was a blast. Great crowd. Great performance. So nice to have two wins against UCLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            Just beat the #2 team in the country and greatest program in the history of men's volleyball twice. Funny stuff.
            I know. So funny.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
              The middles were really solid tonight. Clearly outplayed UCLA's middles. Fun game, fieldhouse was really rocking.
              Yes. UCLA does have two All Americans, Arnitz and Stahl, out with injuries. But the sweep tonight puts UCLA back in fourth place in the standings. BYU out-blocked UCLA 6.5 to 1.0 and outhit UCLA .420 to .198. This is more how it's supposed to go.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Yes. UCLA does have two All Americans, Arnitz and Stahl, out with injuries.
                And BYU has an actual first team All-American walking around a playing like a cripple. Both teams are not 100% although UCLA is a little worse off.

Comment

And BYU has an actual first team All-American walking around a playing like a cripple. Both teams are not 100% although UCLA is a little worse off.
                  Is Ohio State healthy? I doubt Sander will get healthy during the year.

Comment

Is Ohio State healthy? I doubt Sander will get healthy during the year.
                    Sander getting healthy is obviously a key thing for BYU's ultimate success this season. We need him, but he relies on being explosive and he's just doesn't have the explosion of last season. Here is the good news. Most of the toughest matches are at home. Hawaii is at home, and so is Long Beach St. Given that I like BYU's chances to be able to host the MPSF tournament. So I like BYU's chances to at least repeat as MPSF champs and get back to the final four

Comment

Sander getting healthy is obviously a key thing for BYU's ultimate success this season. We need him, but he relies on being explosive and he's just doesn't have the explosion of last season. Here is the good news. Most of the toughest matches are at home. Hawaii is at home, and so is Long Beach St. Given that I like BYU's chances to be able to host the MPSF tournament. So I like BYU's chances to at least repeat as MPSF champs and get back to the final four
                      Surprised that RM from Hawaii is not getting more rotation (Storm?). Seemed like a decent hitter early in the season.

Real bummer about Sander. Sounds like it is not likely to get better. Darn it.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I agree it is setting up nicely, but Sander being hobbled isn't good. Maybe they can sit him for some of the less competitive matches. This past weekend was important. With a healthy Sander and some more development of the mids, BYU could make a nice run, though Ohio State looks strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Surprised that RM from Hawaii is not getting more rotation (Storm?).
                          I was a little too. He got the start against CSUN when Langlois was injured (as well as playing in those early matches). If Sander is going to be limited, I wonder if Olmstead starts going to Storm over Meretev.

Comment

3-0 versus the bows. Really nice game given BYU didn't have Patch or Garmin (Miki played very well and Garmin's replacement)

Comment

3-0 versus the bows. Really nice game given BYU didn't have Patch or Garmin (Miki played very well and Garmin's replacement)
                              That was fun.

Comment

Will Patch return this season?

We would need him against Long Beach State or Ohio State if the team gets that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X