BYU Men's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
    Probabilities: 60-70% change Long Beach wins. I think BYU wins if they have an above average serving game (top tercile essentially). I don't think they need to be lights out but I do think they need to be in their top tercile in terms of forcing Long Beach St out of system.
    In case anyone cares, this is the 6th time that "Tercile" has been used on this board. Five of the uses have been by Pelagius, and one by Donuthole.

Follow up question for Pelagius. When talking about 20 quantiles, what term do you use? A couple of years back, I used "Ventiles" in a presentation, but was vocally shouted down by people who preferred the term "Twentiles". I, however, find "Twentiles" boorish and plebeian. I appreciate your input.

Also, I hope BYU wins the match against CSULB.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      In case anyone cares, this is the 6th time that "Tercile" has been used on this board. Five of the uses have been by Pelagius, and one by Donuthole.

Follow up question for Pelagius. When talking about 20 quantiles, what term do you use? A couple of years back, I used "Ventiles" in a presentation, but was vocally shouted down by people who preferred the term "Twentiles". I, however, find "Twentiles" boorish and plebeian. I appreciate your input.

Also, I hope BYU wins the match against CSULB.
      I don't think I've ever thought about 20 quantiles; yeesh, that's a pretty fine sort. But, I think I am with you, Twentiles does have a real pedestrian feel to it.

Comment

This is factually incorrect. I can see why your team avoids you on Skype.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          This is factually incorrect. I can see why your team avoids you on Skype.
          Donuthole correcting me was in my top tercile of expected responses.

I will have to recheck my data once I get to a place that doesn't block this board. If I made any errors, I am certain it was the fault of vBulletin's search algorithm.

Comment

Donuthole correcting me was in my top tercile of expected responses.

I will have to recheck my data once I get to a place that doesn't block this board. If I made any errors, I am certain it was the fault of vBulletin's search algorithm.
            This is in the top tercile of enjoyable responses, even though Clark usually is in the top ventile of my favorite posters.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

The last five posts or so make the top nerdstile for me.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                The last five posts or so make the top nerdstile for me.
                I tend to bring out the worst in people.

Comment

Serve. Block. Pass. BYU does those three things well and they win.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Serve. Block. Pass. BYU does those three things well and they win.
                    Should be fun. I do think Olmstead and staff have done a really nice job this season given all the injuries. I'm interested to see what moves they make tonight.

Comment

I tend to bring out the worst in people.
                      The worst ventile in people or just tercile?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Should be fun. I do think Olmstead and staff have done a really nice job this season given all the injuries. I'm interested to see what moves they make tonight.
                        Are you in the Ohio for the game, or will you simply watch it online?

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          Are you in the Ohio for the game, or will you simply watch it online?
                          Watching online.

Comment

BYU dominates the first two sets. Playing really well.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Third set getting away from them . . .
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Third set getting away from them . . .
                                Third set came back to them!

Comment

Working...
                                X