BYU Men's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    Ugh. What's the strategy with Patch? Either go with him or don't.
    He's a lousy passer and not a great server. That's probably not exactly true, I guess a better way to describe his play is inconsistent. Dobbert while not exceptional either is more consistent.

However, Olmsted was overthinking that second set. Should have started with Patch. When nobody can pass you need someone who can give you more out of system. I also like the move to Stanley. Durkin has had a pretty lousy tournament IMO.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Well, started off the 3rd well, but starting to falter...

Comment

• Swept 2 straight years in the NC match.

Comment

• tOSU is just better. Plain and simple.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I watched this match last year.

Damn that was frustrating. BYU still can't pass. If you can't pass, you can't play. Simple as that. And then when they had opportunities they stubbed their own toe repeatedly with service and hitting errors. Not sure where this team goes after this. No Langlois or Patch next year. Olmsted has to find a librero. That will help with the passing. Sikes just isn't aggressive enough. Langlois stepped in front of him a few times tonight. Olmsted also needs to figure out what to do with Durkin next year. I am guessing Stanley will take over if he takes the next step. I also think recent signee Fa'alogo will get a look. I hate to pick on Leo, especially when he's not getting any help with passes, but he puts his hitters in difficult spots. And he's fortunate to have Patch, Langlois and Sander who can work with his inconsistency.

BYU has been too good for too long to go 14 years without a championship. Unfortunately these last two teams have been fatally flawed.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X