2017 death poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Cecil Andrus - former governor of Idaho and Secretary of the Interior under Carter
    Still remember his "Idaho is too great to litter" signs all over the place. Of course the signs are still there but now they don't have his name plastered on every one.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• One of my favorite SF authors from the '70s/80s just passed - Jerry Pournelle

His most famous work was probably "A Mote in Gods Eye" about a first contact with an alien species

He also cowrote several good books with Larry Niven, including one based on Dante's Inferno

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/651515001/

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Not sure many people know who he is, but Grant Hart from Husker Du died.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
          Not sure many people know who he is, but Grant Hart from Husker Du died.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
          Hüsker Dü was one of those band that I always meant to get into, but never really did.

I did like some of Bob Mould's solo stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Hüsker Dü was one of those band that I always meant to get into, but never really did.

I did like some of Bob Mould's solo stuff.
            Black Sheets of Rain was the soundtrack to my middle school years.

Husker Du is definitely not a band for everyone, but they spoke to me. I didn't get into them until long after they disbanded. I only knew about them because my cousin's friend introduced me to Bob Mould's solo stuff.

I really like Grant's compositions. Mould rightly gets a lot of credit, but Grant held his own. Probably his most well known composition:

He had some great songs on the New Day Rising album as well.

Comment

• Grant Palmer, hero of both progmos and exmos alike, has died.

Confession: I never finished "Insider's View of Mormonism".
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Grant Palmer, hero of both progmos and exmos alike, has died.

Confession: I never finished "Insider's View of Mormonism".
                I wonder if John Dehlin or Kate Kelly have suggested he was murdered yet.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Rumors are that he was set to release a bombshell. #octobersurprise
                  Last edited by falafel; 09-26-2017, 07:32 PM.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Rumors are that we was set to release a bombshell. #octobersurprise
                    I hate to admit I laughed at a post in this thread, but...
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Poisoned like Samuel Smith...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Rumors are that we was set to release a bombshell. #octobersurprise
                        Well played, sir. Well played.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Hugh Hefner, 91.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• hope the playmate he was inside of at the time isn't too traumatized
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              hope the playmate he was inside of at the time isn't too traumatized
                              Fortunately, she’s been dead inside for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                                Fortunately, she’s been dead inside for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X