2017 death poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Had no idea until today that he lived in Idaho. Goodbye, sweet NSOT 208.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Adam west. The batman of my childhood. :-(
      http://pagesix.com/2017/06/12/batman...n-a-night/amp/

In fact, West did once turn up at what he described as an “orgy” in Hollywood with Frank Gorshin, who played “Batman” baddie The Riddler.

But they were thrown out for behaving like their TV alter-egos and making everyone laugh.

He said: “We walked in and it was an orgy. So I immediately went into the Batman character, and Frank went into the Riddler character, because we were getting the big giggles. It was so funny to us, what we walked into. And we were kicked out. We were expelled from the orgy.”

Meanwhile, trusty Boy Wonder Ward, who is now 71, claimed West was definitely the ringleader when it came to their own adventures.

He recalled decades later: “When I entered ‘Batman’ as a naive 20-year-old who had only dated a couple of girls, I met Adam West, who immediately introduced me to the wildest sexual debauchery that you can imagine. We often found that women were banging on our windows while we were bedded down with other women.”

Comment

• Flounder dead at 63.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Martin Landau, at 89. He was great in Mission Impossible back in the 60's, but I think his two best roles were in Ed Wood and, my favorite, Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Martin Landau, at 89. He was great in Mission Impossible back in the 60's, but I think his two best roles were in Ed Wood and, my favorite, Crimes and Misdemeanors.
            I loved his role in Entourage
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• What if I were to tell you......is that something you'd be interested in? The Ari quote mocking Bob was a good one.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Chester Bennington killed himself this morning. For those of you who don't know he's the singer of Linkin Park and spent some time singing for Stone Temple Pilots.

Comment

• John Heard.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    John Heard.
                    Died recovering in a hotel after minor back surgery -- wonder if it was related to too much narcotic/sedative or something like a pulmonary embolism or heart attack. Looks like he travelled 400 miles from where he lived in Studio City to Palo Alto for his surgery. That didn't work out too well for him.

Comment

• Sam Shepard died July 27.

Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        Sam Shepard died July 27.

Damn.

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that he was a playright. And he wasn't a playright in the sense that Seattleute claims to be an author or William Shatner claims to have musical career. He won a pulitzer prize.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that he was a playright. And he wasn't a playright in the sense that Seattleute claims to be an author or William Shatner claims to have musical career. He won a pulitzer prize.
                          Whoa! Look who posted.

Hey stranger. Welcome back.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            Sam Shepard died July 27.

Damn.

I saw a clip of Matthew McConaughey being notify of his passing while being interviewed. He was noticeably shaken.

Comment

• 2017 death poll

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              I saw a clip of Matthew McConaughey being notify of his passing while being interviewed. He was noticeably shaken.
                              https://youtu.be/kHMF4LlWgZI

He died from complications from ALS. Surprised to learn of this.

Once again.. Damn..

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-01-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Cecil Andrus - former governor of Idaho and Secretary of the Interior under Carter
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X