Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netanyahu is a joke and Israel needs to do more to achieve peace

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Yeah, that's not a good thing.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Yeah, word is getting out on this. The courts need to step in. Outrageous.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Can I say that Senator Kirsten Gillibrand's mouth is only good for Netanyahu's cock holster?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Can I say that Senator Kirsten Gillibrand's mouth is only good for Netanyahu's cock holster?
    hmm
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Netanyahu facing bribery and corruption charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=53053052

MBN, how is this playing out over there?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Netanyahu facing bribery and corruption charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=53053052

MBN, how is this playing out over there?
    As you might expect. People who hate him are happy and can't wait for him to be hauled off. People who love him think it's wrong, but not that big a deal and maybe he has to pay a fine.

So the police have said he should be indicted. Now the Attorney General has to look at all the evidence and decide what to do. This could drag out for another year. We shall see.

The issue is that Netanyahu is fairly popular and there is no heir apparent. I don't see him going anyplace in the short term.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    As you might expect. People who hate him are happy and can't wait for him to be hauled off. People who love him think it's wrong, but not that big a deal and maybe he has to pay a fine.

So the police have said he should be indicted. Now the Attorney General has to look at all the evidence and decide what to do. This could drag out for another year. We shall see.

The issue is that Netanyahu is fairly popular and there is no heir apparent. I don't see him going anyplace in the short term.
    Sounds familiar.

How does it compare when Hillary and Bill took all that money from the Ruskies over the Uranium One deal?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    How does it compare when Hillary and Bill took all that money from the Ruskies over the Uranium One deal?
    #whatabouthillary

lol

You're a funny guy.

Topic on Israel....HILLARY!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Topic on Israel....HILLARY!
    I am not sure why UT is to paranoid about Hillary.

i think the algorithm governing uncle ted’s interactions was making a joke
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    i think the algorithm governing uncle ted’s interactions was making a joke
    Yeah, a pretty funny one.

Update.

Things have gotten more serious for Netanyahu as a new case (Case 4000; so weird, Case 1000, Case 2000, etc. What is with this numbering system?) is being pursued and three aides are cooperating with the police on this one. This is the most serious one of the bunch as Bibi is accused of directing favorable regulatory handling for Bezeq telecom company in return for favorable press coverage by Israel's Channel 2 (owned by the same Bezeq owner). It is more serious because three former Bibi underlings are ready to turn state's evidence on him. And just last week they interviewed Bibi and his wife separately (him in Tel Aviv and her in Jerusalem) at the same time on the case to prevent them from coordinating each other's stories.

It has Bibi thinking about calling new elections as his numbers remain fairly high. He did get the U.S. to move the embassy to Jerusalem after all. He could get another win in before possible indictments.

But even if he's gone, it may not matter.

Israel Contemplates a Future Without Netanyahu

If there is a signature achievement to Benjamin Netanyahu’s decade in power, it may be the hollowing out of political debate in Israel. For much of the country’s history, the public has been split into two prevailing world views: those who stress historic rights—who see the Biblical Land of Israel as covering the entire area between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River—and those who believe in civil rights, arguing that the occupation of another people is not only unsustainable but unconscionable. The left reigned exclusively from 1948 until 1977; the right has ruled for most of the past four decades. But both camps used to have more or less equal numbers. Not anymore. Only eight per cent of Israeli Jews now define themselves as left wing; thirty-seven per cent identify with the right, and fifty-five per cent with the center. And just what “the center” means has changed, too: it is now considered a legitimate position to support the expulsion or transfer of Arabs from Israel. In fact, forty-eight per cent of Jewish Israelis support the idea, compared with forty-six per cent who don’t, according to a Pew Research poll from 2016.

Update.

Things have gotten more serious for Netanyahu as a new case (Case 4000; so weird, Case 1000, Case 2000, etc. What is with this numbering system?) is being pursued and three aides are cooperating with the police on this one. This is the most serious one of the bunch as Bibi is accused of directing favorable regulatory handling for Bezeq telecom company in return for favorable press coverage by Israel's Channel 2 (owned by the same Bezeq owner). It is more serious because three former Bibi underlings are ready to turn state's evidence on him. And just last week they interviewed Bibi and his wife separately (him in Tel Aviv and her in Jerusalem) at the same time on the case to prevent them from coordinating each other's stories.

It has Bibi thinking about calling new elections as his numbers remain fairly high. He did get the U.S. to move the embassy to Jerusalem after all. He could get another win in before possible indictments.

But even if he's gone, it may not matter.

Israel Contemplates a Future Without Netanyahu
    The expolsion of Arab Israeli citizens? That’s pretty fucked up. I hate Bibi.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    The expolsion of Arab Israeli citizens? That’s pretty fucked up. I hate Bibi.
    48% support what is essentially ethnic cleansing. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    48% support what is essentially ethnic cleansing. Wow.
    Yeah, I don't know how that question was asked.

It likely reflects the views of people that have grown up under the real threat of attacks by Palestinians and who have no memory of earlier times when relations were better. Also, the ultrorthodox population is growing and I would think their views would be fairly straightforward on who has rights to the land and how to resolve that. But I'm just guessing here.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I feel like I need a Yes Yes No on this tweet.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Netanyahu wants us to win his war with Iran