• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netanyahu is a joke and Israel needs to do more to achieve peace

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aration-of-war

Opposing something Israel does in the UN is now a declaration of war

He is a nutjob.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      He is a nutjob.
      I suppose if we shared a boarder with the terrorists of the middle east who were trying to literally exterminate us you might be considered a nut job too, if you were in charge.

That isn't to say that I don't think that Israel doesn't share in the blame in the conflict with the Palestinians, only that it is easy to cast judgement on both sides while we sit an ocean away with friendly countries sharing our boarders.

Comment

Needless to say, it is very complicated. Netanyahu is the second longest running PM since the establishment of the State of Israel (Ben Gurion was the longest). He obviously enjoys the support of most Israelis.

This is an interesting view from the Israeli side:

The War on Israel Never Ends
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aration-of-war

Opposing something Israel does in the UN is now a declaration of war

It seems the UN is doing exactly what the Obama administration is telling it to do... is there anything that they can't f*ck up when it comes to foreign policy?

After back-stabbing Israel, Team Obama pretends its hands are clean

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And Krauthammer may be right about turning the UN building into condos...

It is time for some other country to fund the "jackals" and their actions.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              I suppose if we shared a boarder with the terrorists of the middle east who were trying to literally exterminate us you might be considered a nut job too, if you were in charge.

That isn't to say that I don't think that Israel doesn't share in the blame in the conflict with the Palestinians, only that it is easy to cast judgement on both sides while we sit an ocean away with friendly countries sharing our boarders.
              Classic response. Virtually anything can be justified by blasting that trusty dog whistle. No logic needed.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Classic response. Virtually anything can be justified by blasting that trusty dog whistle. No logic needed.
                Lol.....relax Lebowski....I am not passing judgement on who is right and who is wrong with respect to the conflict, merely pointing out that we would act very differently if we were the Palestinians in the conflict or if we were the Israelis.

One thing I cannot imagine, however, is how I would respond as an Israeli. Everyone in the region hates them. Many not only hate them, but want every single jew destroyed from off the face of the earth. Again without casting judgement on either side regarding their actions being right or wrong, the reactions and actions of both sides are going to be extreme because of what is at stake.

Comment

I see Max and his running dog Lebowski are out in full force on this issue again.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    I see Max and his running dog Lebowski are out in full force on this issue again.
                    Are you not entertained?!

Comment

Why are they so pissed now? The US has been consistent in not supporting settlements in occupied territories since the beginning. This is merely posturing for the incoming administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly told New Zealand’s foreign minister that support for a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement-building in the occupied territories would be viewed as a “declaration of war”.
                        Yeah, despite Iman's middle of the fray posturing, I'm going to side with the 'joke and nutjob' faction here.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          Why are they so pissed now? The US has been consistent in not supporting settlements in occupied territories since the beginning. This is merely posturing for the incoming administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          The resolution includes East Jerusalem, right? If Krauthammer is right and the resolution states that Jews living in the Jewish Quarter of the old city are in violation of international law, than I understand the histrionics. I also doubt that Netanyahu told New Zealand it was a declaration of war. I don't think he's that nuts. Maybe, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            The resolution includes East Jerusalem, right? If Krauthammer is right and the resolution states that Jews living in the Jewish Quarter of the old city are in violation of international law, than I understand the histrionics. I also doubt that Netanyahu told New Zealand it was a declaration of war. I don't think he's that nuts. Maybe, though.
                            Of course, the declaration of war is 'alleged'. But I would not put it past him. We have seen him act aggressively when he has US support.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Of course, the declaration of war is 'alleged'. But I would not put it past him. We have seen him act aggressively when he has US support.
                              lol, New Zealand better put itself on high alert for fear of Israeli warplanes attacking strategic locations in Middle Earth.

A good editorial from the Post:

On Israel, we’re right back where Obama started

In fact, the two-state solution remains entirely viable, as even the settlement statistics cited by Mr. Kerry demonstrate. The administration asserts that the Jewish population in the West Bank has increased by 100,000 since 2009 — but by Mr. Kerry’s account, 80 percent of that growth was in areas Israel would likely annex in any settlement. In eight years, 20,000 people have been added to communities in territory likely to become part of Palestine — an area where 2.75 million Arabs now live. That growth of about 3 percent per annum, the product of a restraint for which Mr. Netanyahu received no White House credit, means that the Jewish population outside Israel’s West Bank fence may have decreased as a percentage of the overall population even as Mr. Obama and Mr. Kerry have made it the focal point of U.S. policy.

What blocks the two-state solution is not demography, but a failure of leadership among Israelis and Palestinians. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas walked away from a generous Israeli statehood offer eight years ago and in 2014 refused to accept the framework for a settlement that Mr. Kerry outlined on Wednesday. Though he has endorsed two states, Mr. Netanyahu has been unwilling to stand up to nationalists to his right.

It’s unlikely that Israeli and Palestinian leaders who are willing and able to reach agreement will emerge in the near future. That’s why the best U.S. policy would be to work to preserve the option of Palestinian statehood for the longer term, by combating Palestinian corruption and political dysfunction and by encouraging Israel to facilitate the growth of a viable West Bank economy. A new U.S. administration could also work to strike a deal on settlements that restricted all growth to areas that would not be part of a Palestinian state. That would require the sort of pragmatic clear-headedness that for eight years eluded the Obama administration.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X