Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,471 to 1,488 of 1488

Thread: Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Why did the Church sell this chapel to the Moonies?

A. Just doing business
    B. Needed money
    C. Neighborhood was not the right color
    D. A & B
    E. All of the above
    F. God told someone to do it
    G. Wanted to help the Moonies

ForSaleByChurch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Why did the Church sell this chapel to the Moonies?

A. Just doing business
    B. Needed money
    C. Neighborhood was not the right color
    D. A & B
    E. All of the above
    F. God told someone to do it
    G. Wanted to help the Moonies

ForSaleByChurch.jpg
    Some guy started any interesting thread on this just last year. He would probably love to talk to you about it.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...d-LDS-Churches

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Seems low.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

32 billion what?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    32 billion what?
    Likes on Facebook
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Seems low.
    Yeah, that's pretty disappointing.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

32 billion what?
    Cows. Haven't you heard of the Florida ranch?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty disappointing.
    That's just church links to businesses.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

for those who are disappointed in the church's ability to manage money, Catholic church only has $7 billion. #winning
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That's just church links to businesses.
    Actually, it looks like it’s only a listing of public company holdings, so it wouldn’t include city center, land or the ag farms/ranches.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    for those who are disappointed in the church's ability to manage money, Catholic church only has $7 billion. #winning
    I think you missed a zero or two.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    7 billion members.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Default Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I think you missed a zero or two.
    Agreed. The Catholic Church has that much just in works of art.
    Last edited by Sullyute; 05-31-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Actually, it looks like it’s only a listing of public company holdings, so it wouldn’t include city center, land or the ag farms/ranches.
    bet the church’s land holdings are worth double this
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Well, no. Financial management companies that have their DNS addresses on the Church's servers have $32 billion in assets under management. The financial management companies themselves (and, by extension, the owners of the management companies) don't own any of it. They manage it. Thus the SEC filings. Now, is it possible that the Church spread out a portfolio among various LLCs for... reasons? Sure. But that's not what the leaked documents actually demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Well, no. Financial management companies that have their DNS addresses on the Church's servers have $32 billion in assets under management. The financial management companies themselves (and, by extension, the owners of the management companies) don't own any of it. They manage it. Thus the SEC filings. Now, is it possible that the Church spread out a portfolio among various LLCs for... reasons? Sure. But that's not what the leaked documents actually demonstrate.
    Also, we think it's kind of cute that you think $32 billion is a lot. $32 billion is only the amount that appears to be leaked today. You found thirteen of our LLCs? *snort* Yeah, that's all of them. - fake Mormon newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    The article is seriously stupid for conflating assets with assets under management. And MWL proves to be just as dumb or dishonest.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71