Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1488

Thread: Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    following your lead dude ... it can all be referenced. Tell you what, I'll provide the legitimate references when you provide yours.
    Aren't you the guy that years ago was trying to argue against evolution on CougarGuard?

  2. #62
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    I guess you're right. Only one compass.

    I'm not going to disclose my source about the 24-hour in-home nursing care (registered nurses), which costs several hundred thousand dollars per year per ailing apostle.
    Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

    Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

    Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
    Lodestone Compass: Chinese or Olmec Primacy? Multidisciplinary analysis of an Olmec hematite artifact from San Lorenzo, Veracruz, Mexico.

    http://www.academia.edu/6108559/Lode...eracruz_Mexico

  4. #64
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    following your lead dude ... it can all be referenced. Tell you what, I'll provide the legitimate references when you provide yours.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Of course you're not. Which gives us full license to find that your "evidence" lacks credibility.

    Its funny how when you are losing an argument, you just switch to a new one.
    You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.

  6. #66

    Default

    CougarGuard was so much better than CougarStadium. It's a damn shame that all the Utes had to be pushed away, despite their shortcomings.

    http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19827

    Thread title:

    Being on the wrong side of history

    SeattleUte:

    "The title of your thread is such an understatement it's hilariously ironic. The whole movement is on the wrong side of history. It's thoroughly anachronisctic, from the "First Vision" to its ideas about race and women and gays, and therein lies its appeal, to many. The Second Great Awakening was, like the Romantic movement, a reaction to the bleak side of the Enlightenment, materialism. I think my statement that Mormonism's thrust is to turn back the clock is spot on."

  7. #67
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.
    So why even bring it up? It holds no value in terms of the discussion we are having.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #68
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    You are not required to accept what I tell you regarding 24-hour in-home RNs as fact. I just can't provide the evidence because it wouldn't be prudent.
    This is the dumbest criticism yet. In-home nursing care for guys who have sacrificed their retirement period in service? Oh the horror.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  9. #69
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    CougarGuard was so much better than CougarStadium. It's a damn shame that all the Utes had to be pushed away, despite their shortcomings.

    http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19827

    Thread title:

    Being on the wrong side of history

    SeattleUte:

    "The title of your thread is such an understatement it's hilariously ironic. The whole movement is on the wrong side of history. It's thoroughly anachronisctic, from the "First Vision" to its ideas about race and women and gays, and therein lies its appeal, to many. The Second Great Awakening was, like the Romantic movement, a reaction to the bleak side of the Enlightenment, materialism. I think my statement that Mormonism's thrust is to turn back the clock is spot on."
    Its still there. Go ahead and take your schtick to that site if you prefer it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    This is the dumbest criticism yet. In-home nursing care for guys who have sacrificed their retirement period in service? Oh the horror.
    I'm pretty sure I already said I'm OK with it.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Aren't you the guy that years ago was trying to argue against evolution on CougarGuard?
    You mean the notion of evolution that humans evolved from apes, as depicted in "The March of Progress?" Yup. And I'm in good company—just ask any palaeontologist whether human evolution was linear or sequential? What's more, your 'pure' Americans, of largely European descent, that according to you are the only Americans human enough to be considered worthy of your concern, actually may be descended in large part from neanderthals?

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Well, since we are dealing only in interpretations right ;-) Don't be daft Moliere. It suits you too well. And I see from reading the board you finally heeded some advice about traveling: an apartment in Paris can be as nice or nicer than staying in a hotel
    Last edited by tooblue; 01-11-2017 at 06:30 AM.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    You mean the notion of evolution that humans evolved from apes, as depicted in "The March of Progress?" Yup. And I'm in good company—just ask any palaeontologist whether human evolution was linear or sequential? What's more, your 'pure' Americans, of largely European descent, that according to you are the only Americans human enough to be considered worthy of your concern, actually may be descended in large part from neanderthals?

    Go on. Please tell us more about how we are descended "in large part" (~3% of our DNA) from neanderthals.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Go on. Please tell us more about how we are descended "in large part" (~3% of our DNA) from neanderthals.
    Why don't you tell us. Link? And let's hear your sources?

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Why even call it a base allowance if there are not supplements?
    I would assume there are location-based adjustments.

  16. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armenag View Post
    I would assume there are location-based adjustments.
    Yeah, that would make the most sense.

    I will say this--I'm surprised that the salaries are as low as they are, and it speaks highly of the church leaders.

    Yet another reason why they should open the books. It would make them look good to the dissidents and outsiders who tend not to trust them so immediately.

  17. #77
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Yeah, that would make the most sense.

    I will say this--I'm surprised that the salaries are as low as they are, and it speaks highly of the church leaders.

    Yet another reason why they should open the books. It would make them look good to the dissidents and outsiders who tend not to trust them so immediately.
    Meh. There already a bunch of dissidents up in arms because they were told for their whole lives that we have a lay clergy, and now that notion has been blown out of the water!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  18. #78

    Default

    True or False:

    Mormon Apostles receive additional compensation for serving on corporate boards (e.g., Deseret Book, Beneficial Financial Group, Ensign Peak Advisors, Zion Securities, Deseret Publishing, Ag Reserves, Bonneville International, and so on).

    I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.

  19. #79
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    True or False:

    Mormon Apostles receive additional compensation for serving on corporate boards (e.g., Deseret Book, Beneficial Financial Group, Ensign Peak Advisors, Zion Securities, Deseret Publishing, Ag Reserves, Bonneville International, and so on).

    I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.
    False, but it could be true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  20. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    False, but it could be true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On what basis do you say false?

  21. #81
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    On what basis do you say false?
    A total lack of evidence.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  22. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    A total lack of evidence.
    There is an equal lack of evidence for both True and for False.

    Not a good reason to say False.

  23. #83
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    There is an equal lack of evidence for both True and for False.

    Not a good reason to say False.
    Not a good reason to ask for truth or false. Its unknown, so why ask us to make a choice?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  24. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Not a good reason to ask for truth or false. Its unknown, so why ask us to make a choice?
    Just trying to promote thought.

  25. #85
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    True or False:

    Mormon Apostles receive additional compensation for serving on corporate boards (e.g., Deseret Book, Beneficial Financial Group, Ensign Peak Advisors, Zion Securities, Deseret Publishing, Ag Reserves, Bonneville International, and so on).

    I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.
    Not thought about it, don't care. In any event, compared to the compensation others receive, for the work they do, it really isn't extraordinary from what I've seen. Imagine yourself a seventy, eighty something working every day of the week, talking to whiny church members, administering the organization and traveling to hear a bunch of boring meetings. Not what I want to do in my retirement.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  26. #86
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Just trying to promote thought.
    Or foment dissension.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  27. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Not thought about it, don't care. In any event, compared to the compensation others receive, for the work they do, it really isn't extraordinary from what I've seen. Imagine yourself a seventy, eighty something working every day of the week, talking to whiny church members, administering the organization and traveling to hear a bunch of boring meetings. Not what I want to do in my retirement.
    Totally agree. Terrible job. They are clearly underpaid. I regret ever speculating that they receive too much money.

    They should receive all the widows' mites for their work.

  28. #88

    Default

    I read the PFS article. What I'm interested in is why it's such a big deal that the GA's salaries don't come from tithing. Why is that, and why does the church spokesperson stress it? They are ecclesiastical leaders, certainly not employees of the business side of the church. Why wouldn't they be paid from tithing money? Does that not go over well with tithe-paying members?

  29. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    There is an equal lack of evidence for both True and for False.

    Not a good reason to say False.
    No he's right. It's mostly false w/ one exception.


    https://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/04/n...oards?lang=eng

  30. #90
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Totally agree. Terrible job. They are clearly underpaid. I regret ever speculating that they receive too much money.

    They should receive all the widows' mites for their work.
    Lol. Well done.

    May they continue to listen to one more sappy sermon by an obsequious member.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •