Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Did you read the transcript? The guy said he was president of Weber State at one point in time. That is the guy.
    Yes I read the transcript! He also days his dad was Joseph L. Bishop Sr.! [emoji53][emoji44][emoji15][emoji51]
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sad. What a sad, sad life to lead. We can't control the consequences of our actions.

So she deceived the old guy to get him talking so she could confront him. Has she been open about who she is?

Also, I wonder if releasing this to the public is bringing her any peace.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Sad. What a sad, sad life to lead. We can't control the consequences of our actions.

So she deceived the old guy to get him talking so she could confront him. Has she been open about who she is?

Sorry, MBN, but this is a bullshit response. I'll agree that it's a sad thing, but not because some 86 year old rapists family is going to learn that their dad is a predator and potentially live the rest of his life in shame and/or prison.

It's sad because there are multiple lives in ruins because Joe Bishop just couldn't control himself (poor sap, being married to a frigid wife). It's sad because it appears the Church was more concerned with its image than the safety and well being of rape victims.
        It's not sad because the victim used false pretenses to confront her rapist.
        It's not sad because it's been made public.
        It's not sad because she's withholding her anonymity.

I agree with you on one thing: I hope she finds some peace.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Yes I read the transcript! He also days his dad was Joseph L. Bishop Sr.! [emoji53][emoji44][emoji15][emoji51]
          It also very clearly sets forth his relationship to Weber State.

Comment

• How could this come out now. It's not October.

This is horrific on several levels.

Comment

Sad. What a sad, sad life to lead. We can't control the consequences of our actions.

She apologized for the deception toward the end of the interview, saying she didn't think he would have agreed to meet with her if he'd known what it was really about. He accepted the apology and stated he still would have met with her without the deception.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                It also very clearly sets forth his relationship to Weber State.
                That's already been covered!
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sorry, MBN, but this is a bullshit response. I'll agree that it's a sad thing, but not because some 86 year old rapists family is going to learn that their dad is a predator and potentially live the rest of his life in shame and/or prison.

It's sad because there are multiple lives in ruins because Joe Bishop just couldn't control himself (poor sap, being married to a frigid wife). It's sad because it appears the Church was more concerned with its image than the safety and well being of rape victims.

I think you're reading a lot into one line of MBN's response.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wow, you really ran with that.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Wow, you really ran with that.
                      I usually give you a free pass on your passive-agressive, defend-the-church-at-all-costs bullshit, but you're right, I called you on it today.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I think you're reading a lot into one line of MBN's response.
                        So she deceived the old guy to get him talking so she could confront him.
                        You tell me the point of this statement. If it's not to disparage her character and motivations, I'm open to your view.

Has she been open about who she is?
                        Again, this smacks of classic victim blaming. If this isn't to point out the victim's wrongdoing, then what is the point?

What do you think he meant by this?

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• One point for GM here. Bad form to focus on the victim deceiving the perp in the interview and to question why she should make it public.

Comment

• to be fair he also probably engaged in some form of deceit when he raped her
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Spot on.

I am not impressed by him in the slightest from this interview. Whenever he "takes responsibility," it is always in a way that minimizes his behavior and often times him being acted on by his "addiction." He takes very little responsibility. He is a horrible person.

Also, what is hopefully going to be gained from this going public is that hopefully in the future the focus won't be on saving face and more on removing someone from a position power where the person by prey on victims. Sadly, by not stopping this when she reported it in 1984 more women were put at risk.
                                Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 03-20-2018, 09:53 AM.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X