X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Not off to a great start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

These leaks couldn't possibly be more boring.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      These leaks couldn't possibly be more boring.
      Yes. Boring to hear a US Senator talk about how his people are "Church broke" and about how they love getting instructions from Salt Lake and about how the Iraq War was inspired by God to promote the spread of Mormonism.

And boring to hear apostles chatter about which villains have been confirmed to be gay.

Boring if you don't care about these issues.

Some people are not bored by these videos because they reveal more candid insight into how these Mormon leaders' minds work.

No one expects senators or church leaders to be perfect. But it would be nice if they didn't feel so inclined to consider war to be God-inspired or to act so obsessed with issues related to sexual orientation.

It matters because these Mormon leaders have a lot of power and influence over the devoted masses and apparently over politicians, and so they deserve a little more scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
        Yes. Boring to hear a US Senator talk about how his people are "Church broke" and about how they love getting instructions from Salt Lake and about how the Iraq War was inspired by God to promote the spread of Mormonism.

And boring to hear apostles chatter about which villains have been confirmed to be gay.

Some people are not bored by these videos because they reveal more candid insight into how these Mormon leaders' minds work.

No one expects senators or church leaders to be perfect. But it would be nice if they didn't feel so inclined to consider war to be God-inspired or to act so obsessed with issues related to sexual orientation.

It matters because these Mormon leaders have a lot of power and influence over the devoted masses and apparently over politicians, and so they deserve a little more scrutiny.
        Yep. Boring.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

wikileaks aggressively defending their brand in hopes of getting a show on rt
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post

Let's see, what do they lead off with on their very first day?

A memo that says to keep member confidences regarding welfare assistance, and which provides a uniform form to obtain member consent to divulge that confidential information.

An organization chart.

A memo that shows the Church understands the Streisand effect.

A memo that emphasizes that everything that goes out from the church gets run past the FP & Q12.

This is the best they could do?

Comment

Shouldn't taekwondo dave or ByronMarchant or someone be here, outraged that GA's are pulling $120K per year?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  Shouldn't taekwondo dave or ByronMarchant or someone be here, outraged that GA's are pulling $120K per year?
                  I, for one, am outraged. I think they should earn more.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

My friend was saying there was going to be a bomb drop on their salaries. he said he expects the 12 to be making around 300k or more. Turns out Elder Eyring made 80k in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      That base salary does not include annual bonus for achieving home teaching quotas.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                        That base salary does not include annual bonus for achieving home teaching quotas.
                        Or blessings.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Do they really call it a living allowance? Is that so that it's not taxable?
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Seriously though, any company or religious organization would be compensating these families even more than they currently are if those numbers are accurate. If the XII and the BigIII received less than $500k I would be surprised. I'm not suggesting that as an indictment either.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Seriously if that's all they make with all the stress involved, all the travel involved, having to wear a suit every single time they leave the house, a 24/7 commitment at an elderly age that is not even anywhere close to enough money.

Comment

Working...
                              X