Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Well, no. Financial management companies that have their DNS addresses on the Church's servers have $32 billion in assets under management. The financial management companies themselves (and, by extension, the owners of the management companies) don't own any of it. They manage it. Thus the SEC filings. Now, is it possible that the Church spread out a portfolio among various LLCs for... reasons? Sure. But that's not what the leaked documents actually demonstrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Well, no. Financial management companies that have their DNS addresses on the Church's servers have $32 billion in assets under management. The financial management companies themselves (and, by extension, the owners of the management companies) don't own any of it. They manage it. Thus the SEC filings. Now, is it possible that the Church spread out a portfolio among various LLCs for... reasons? Sure. But that's not what the leaked documents actually demonstrate.
      Also, we think it's kind of cute that you think $32 billion is a lot. $32 billion is only the amount that appears to be leaked today. You found thirteen of our LLCs? *snort* Yeah, that's all of them. - fake Mormon newsroom
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

The article is seriously stupid for conflating assets with assets under management. And MWL proves to be just as dumb or dishonest.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Breaking News! Church owns church buildings! And farms!

https://www.truthandtransparency.org...ence-suggests/

Basically, they did a search for properties connected to the Presiding Bishopric's mailing address, and came up with a $15 billion land portfolio.

Also, they're shutting down because they're broke, courtesy of the JDubs.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2022...ng-lds-church/

Comment

Breaking News! Church owns church buildings! And farms!

https://www.truthandtransparency.org...ence-suggests/

Basically, they did a search for properties connected to the Presiding Bishopric's mailing address, and came up with a $15 billion land portfolio.

Also, they're shutting down because they're broke, courtesy of the JDubs.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2022...ng-lds-church/
            Fascinating. And Lol @ revealing that all GA's from top to bottom get the same living allowance ($120K). So much for the previous rumors. I am guessing they were very disappointed that it was so modest and egalitarian.

"Hey we didn't find much, some of what we found was debunked, and nothing changed as a result of our digging. But dang it, we are so proud of this work!"
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• that guy's hair is so bad. That and the glasses make him so punchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Fascinating. And Lol @ revealing that all GA's from top to bottom get the same living allowance ($120K). So much for the previous rumors. I am guessing they were very disappointed that it was so modest and egalitarian.

"Hey we didn't find much, some of what we found was debunked, and nothing changed as a result of our digging. But dang it, we are so proud of this work!"
                What are they proud of? That whole article makes them look like serious losers who have traded one crusade for another. Get healthy and move on, fellas. Try to define yourselves by what you are and not what you aren't and you might find some peace.

Comment

• Those videos of internal meetings were the only thing they ever produced worth anything. Those were pretty interesting.

Comment

Modest is putting it fairly lightly. Keep in mind that their spouses are also expected to travel and contribue as well, so considering it’s compensation for two people it’s basically on the level of a seasoned middle school teacher salary. At big oil companies when people are sent on expat assignments, they are not only paid their salary but the company also pays a “salary” for the lost income for the spouse not being able to work given visa restrictions.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Modest is putting it fairly lightly. Keep in mind that their spouses are also expected to travel and contribue as well, so considering it’s compensation for two people it’s basically on the level of a seasoned middle school teacher salary. At big oil companies when people are sent on expat assignments, they are not only paid their salary but the company also pays a “salary” for the lost income for the spouse not being able to work given visa restrictions.
                      Yeah, I am actually shocked it is that low from top to bottom. Even more respect for church leaders now.

Thanks, Mormon Wiki Leaks dudes!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• When the data is populated into an interactive map, the largess of the church’s real estate empire can be jarring.
                        Somebody get these "journalists" a dictionary!
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Yeah, good heavens. That is horrible compensation for the time and experience most of them bring to the calling. The big story is how cheap The Church is. Of course, that isn't news.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• One could not write a better story about the path of futility and failure one blazes by kicking against the pricks.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              One could not write a better story about the path of futility and failure one blazes by kicking against the pricks.
                              I must have missed that part of the story - who was kicking these guys?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Kinda reminds me of when Geraldo Rivera opened a sealed off area in a Chicago building formerly owned by Al Capone. So much hype that they would find bodies, gold, tommy guns, etc. and then when they tore down the wall...nothing. The look on Geraldo's face was priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X