No announcement yet.

Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My other major concern is that some of you might lose your testimonies over this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      I know what you are saying, but I see it a little different. In my view, too many people believe that others, by virtue of position or title, are allowed greater access or influence to the promptings of spirit. In doing so, they diminish their own relationship with God. Everyone is given the same ability to receive inspiration and revelation to help guide them and those they have stewardship over. One of the easiest ways that Satan influences us is to make us believe that were are less worthy to receive inspiration and love from God than someone else.

I guarantee that you have made decisions for your family that are equally as important as decisions that the Q12 have made that affect your family. The general authorities are no different in that they make mistakes, sometime big mistakes, just as you and I have in leading our lives and our families. Maybe they have been called to those positions because they can "see" the bigger picture easier than the rest of us. And that ability helps them make it through the devastation that some of them may feel about decisions that end up as poorly as this one.
      Thanks JiC, I appreciate the response.

Much like PAC, who I always hope to be like, I think I’m tapping out of this story at least for a bit.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        I said it before, but Greg Bishop should be an honorary member of the Paterno family. He is a piece of shit
        He's also acting as his father's attorney, so in that respect, he's doing exactly what he should be doing.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Maybe they have been called to those positions because they can "see" the bigger picture easier than the rest of us. And that ability helps them make it through the devastation that some of them may feel about decisions that end up as poorly as this one.
          Then, what's the point of sustaining them as seers? A seer can supposedly see, through divine means, the future. Well, I mean, when was the last time anyone seer-ed anything? I'm being serious. I'm about ready to just walk away, and I'm looking for a reason to stay, because I'm sick of the bullshit.

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
          How much tithing $ will this cost the Church in legal fees / possible settlements / extra PR work?
          None. This will come from Church-owned corporations.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Then, what's the point of sustaining them as seers? A seer can supposedly see, through divine means, the future. Well, I mean, when was the last time anyone seer-ed anything? I'm being serious. I'm about ready to just walk away, and I'm looking for a reason to stay, because I'm sick of the bullshit.
            I.e., a "seer" sees everything? Past, present, future? Seer = omniscient?

That doesn't seem like a reasonable belief or expectation.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This concept among LDS people that GAs have supernatural powers is not smart or necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                This concept among LDS people that GAs have supernatural powers is not smart or necessary.
                Yep
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I.e., a "seer" sees everything? Past, present, future? Seer = omniscient?

That doesn't seem like a reasonable belief or expectation.
                  What's the White Stone for... you know... the one they carry around in the Temple... the one you will possess in the CK that allows you to tap into things...

7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.
                  8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.
                  9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.
                  10 Then the white stone mentioned in Revelation 2:17, will become a Urim and Thummim to each individual who receives one, whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known;
                  11 And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    What's the White Stone for... you know... the one they carry around in the Temple... the one you will possess in the CK that allows you to tap into things...

7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.
                    8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.
                    9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.
                    10 Then the white stone mentioned in Revelation 2:17, will become a Urim and Thummim to each individual who receives one, whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known;
                    11 And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.
                    You aren't helping.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      You aren't helping.
                      ... and that's the point... what do we really believe in... as a church? Scriptures tell us one thing and common sense tells us another... That's why rice paper guys like Waup have such a problem with the BS associated with church membership. You've got to ignore a wacky stuff to get to the good stuff like The Atonement. That's why I follow the dimensional trail... it's helps me weed out stuff that I can't explain except with physics. Physics is the ultimate core truth of the Gospel... where's it going to take us?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

... and that's the point... what do we really believe in... as a church? Scriptures tell us one thing and common sense tells us another... That's why rice paper guys like Waup have such a problem with the BS associated with church membership. You've got to ignore a wacky stuff to get to the good stuff like The Atonement. That's why I follow the dimensional trail... it's helps me weed out stuff that I can't explain except with physics. Physics is the ultimate core truth of the Gospel... where's it going to take us?
                        So common sense and "ignoring the wacky stuff" leads you to your alternate dimension stuff. Uh ... OK.

Comment

I think it is like a really advanced iPhone.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Update from PFS/SLTrib. Woman now claims she is happy tape was released.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/03/...ive-recording/

It does strike me as odd that they didn't obtain her permission first. I can see cases where that could be a disaster.

Also, an article from the Arizona Republic. Sounds like Bishop lives in AZ.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rom=new-cookie

Apparently the woman's ex-husband is not sympathetic.

As recently as February, the woman was arrested in New Mexico on suspicion of identity theft. According to a police report, she used an ex-boyfriend's name and Social Security number to obtain utility services and to lease an apartment. Detectives obtained a phone recording wherein the woman posed as the ex-boyfriend, using his name, according to the police report. That case is pending.

Another police report, from South Carolina, describes a 1999 case in which the woman claimed she was pistol-whipped and locked in the trunk of a car by two men outside a restaurant where she had worked. Detectives learned she had been fired shortly before the incident and had made inquiries about the restaurant's security liability. They concluded she was dishonest and her report "unfounded."

In separate interviews with The Republic, the woman's former husband and another family member also questioned her motives and credibility.

On at least two additional occasions, they said, the woman reported being raped — once while on her Mormon mission in Washington, D.C.

The ex-husband, who is not named in this report so as not to reveal the woman's identity, said, "This is an insult, especially, to women who have gone through something like that and really have been hurt."
                            Yes, it could be that her abuse at the hands of Bishop led her down this path of crazy behavior. At the same time, this might help explain why prior church leaders doubted her story.

Comment

• This is all extremely depressing.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                I think seers can only see when God needs them to see. They don't simply walk around with a movie of all things that have been and that are yet to be playing in their heads. The stars do not look like strings of spaghetti to them, unless and until God needs them to have that ability. We sustain them to that role because if they receive that sort of vision or instruction from God we support it. We recognize that they are in that role and no one else. If it doesn't come from them, then it isn't for everyone.

At the beginning of this dispensation, God needed a lot of stuff done. Joseph Smith was the conduit for that stuff. JS received a lot of info, and he produced a lot of materials (he saw and prophesied and revealed a boatload) not because he had the title but because God needed it done. Once the doctrines were provided to us there was less for these leaders to do. So they hold the office but they don't have the same quantity or nature of visions and revelations. Instead, they try to keep a steady hand on the till and leave us to chart our own course accordingly. Like us, they are subject to temptation and failure. No less so than a bishop. We are, in fact, cautioned to beware wolves in sheeps clothing in the final days. If Joseph Bishop isn't exactly that, I don't know what is.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X