No announcement yet.

Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what all you cougars are insinuating about me (except the obviously sexist taunts), but if you are saying that I watch priesthood sesh OR that I read the ensign I take offense.

Comment

• No more extra credit for having a penis...

Leaked documents show BYU favored male applicants for years

A document posted on the website Mormon Leaks shows during 2013 and 2014, BYU admissions gave preference to male applicants.
      A BYU spokeswoman said in a statement the school no longer gives admissions preference based on gender.
      A document titled, "New Freshman Index 2013-2014," shows that during that time, applicants to the university were scored on several factors to determine whether they'd be admitted to the school and male applicants were given an extra point.
      [...]
      http://kutv.com/news/local/leaked-do...ants-for-years
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        No more extra credit for having a penis...

http://kutv.com/news/local/leaked-do...ants-for-years
        For "years" - two years to be exact.

Interesting that this came so recently. Any chance this has a somewhat benign motive? Weren't female applicants outstripping males for a while? Maybe BYU wanted to push that back towards 50%. How many points are "possible" in an application anyway? What is the impact of 1 extra point? Are there any more questions I can ask in this one paragraph?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Interesting that this came so recently. Any chance this has a somewhat benign motive? Weren't female applicants outstripping males for a while? Maybe BYU wanted to push that back towards 50%. How many points are "possible" in an application anyway? What is the impact of 1 extra point? Are there any more questions I can ask in this one paragraph?
          Yes. Still the case. And the gap is widening.

This is an issue with all US universities. Not just BYU. It's a real problem.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yeah, maybe BYU was worried there might be an uptick of lesbian activity or something if percentage of females got out of wack due to the lack of males on campus. Maybe the church should have just reinstated polygamy instead so that BYU would not be viewed as being sexist.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You got more of a bump if you were from Missouri than if you were a guy.

Comment

Yeah, maybe BYU was worried there might be an uptick of lesbian activity or something if percentage of females got out of wack due to the lack of males on campus. Maybe the church should have just reinstated polygamy instead so that BYU would not be viewed as being sexist.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  To be fair, blaming the "gay agenda" does seem to be a go to for the LDS church.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                    You got more of a bump if you were from Missouri than if you were a guy.
                    No extra consideration if your lineage is from the tribe of Levi and a literal descendant of Aaron's first born?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                      To be fair, blaming the "gay agenda" does seem to be a go to for the LDS church.
                      If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
                        See that is really unfair, I have both the shitty treatment of the LGBTQ community and the shitty treatment of women as my go to criticisms.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          See that is really unfair, I have both the shitty treatment of the LGBTQ community and the shitty treatment of women as my go to criticisms.
                          Dude, that's woke!

FYI: My gif was just a comment on UT making a lame joke. Sometimes he is funny. Not that time.

Comment

Dude, that's woke!

FYI: My gif was just a comment on UT making a lame joke. Sometimes he is funny. Not that time.
                            Meh, I am far from woke. I don't have nearly enough free time to be woke.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yes. Still the case. And the gap is widening.

This is an issue with all US universities. Not just BYU. It's a real problem.
                              Those are also the first years after the missionary age change, when lots of college-age women suddenly left.
                              My school lost 4% of its student-body over Christmas break that first year, mostly 19-year-old women who became eligible to go on missions in October.
                              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

No more extra credit for having a penis...
                                I think we need the extra credit, lately having a penis has been a real handicap for men like Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X