Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    Turns out Elder Eyring made 80k in 2000.
    Well, that is enough to buy out a future basketball game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Is there a link to these financial data? I've always enjoyed the clueless ex-mo rips on exorbitant GA salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Is there a link to these financial data? I've always enjoyed the clueless ex-mo rips on exorbitant GA salaries.
        https://www.docdroid.net/GEbupXj/apo...acted.pdf.html

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          Do they really call it a living allowance? Is that so that it's not taxable?
          It's taxable. I'm guessing it's semantics. It sounds better to pay a religious leader a living allowance than a salary.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/t...sing-allowance

Last edited by Moliere; 01-09-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Base living allowance for Seventy = 120K. Not counting performance bonuses, retirement, or stock.

Base living allowance for an apostle = ? Book deals. Free cars. Free insurance. Stock. That said, the base salary is impressively modest. Major props to the GAs for that.

And so, it would appear that the Church is indeed true, even though Joseph Smith almost became a Methodist 8 years after the first vision.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
              Base living allowance for Seventy = 120K. Not counting performance bonuses, retirement, or stock.

Base living allowance for an apostle = ? Book deals. Free cars. Free insurance. Stock. That said, the base salary is impressively modest. Major props to the GAs for that.

And so, it would appear that the Church is indeed true, even though Joseph Smith almost became a Methodist 8 years after the first vision.
              You are trying way too hard here.

Comment

I'm assuming you have data on these, including that they exist. You wouldn't just throw this stuff out there without support, would you?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I'm assuming you have data on these, including that they exist. You wouldn't just throw this stuff out there without support, would you?
                  Why even call it a base allowance if there are not supplements?

In any case, it still doesn't change the fact that Joseph Smith tried to become a methodist 8 years after Jesus and God supposedly appeared to him and told him to not join any other Church.

Comment

Performance bonuses? Unless performance bonuses are paid on 12/31, Eyring didn't get one in 2000. Stock in what? Like stock in the LDS church?

Base living allowance is the same for all GAs regardless of rank. Apostles got $120k. This was confirmed by the church spokesperson to PFStack. His insurance premiums are listed on his paycheck. Maybe you didn't read it or read it too quickly. Cars would be taxed unless used for church business ,which I'm sure they are. Of course, we all know they drive Avalons

Book deals are certainly a source of income. I doubt they are lucrative given the small prospective audience, but I'm sure the top 15 makes some decent money off their books. However, book deals would be personal income obtained outside of the church so it doesn't fall under the same "transparency" call that we all would like to see.

Which first vision?

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Which first vision?
                      The first vision at age 14--the canonized one. Joseph tried to become a Methodist 8 years after Jesus told him not to.

Comment

The first vision at age 14--the canonized one. Joseph tried to become a Methodist 8 years after Jesus told him not to.
                        That has nothing to do with the leak we are discussing.

Comment

You asked which first vision. I answered. I'm just saying--he tried to become a Methodist after Jesus told him not to. That's pretty bad. I would do whatever Jesus told me to do.

Comment

Why even call it a base allowance if there are not supplements?
                            So you admit your speculating without evidence. Not surprised.

In any case, it still doesn't change the fact that Joseph Smith tried to become a methodist 8 years after Jesus and God supposedly appeared to him and told him to not join any other Church.
                            It also doesn't change the fact that my mission president drove a Toyota Avalon.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              So you admit your speculating without evidence. Not surprised.

It also doesn't change the fact that my mission president drove a Toyota Avalon.
                              I admit I'm speculating that they get more than their base salary. That's why it's called a BASE salary.

I like Toyota Avalons.

Comment

Mmm... herring.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X