Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I am not disputing this, or defending his approach on this topic (although I think the former president's policy wasn't great either). I am saying there is no need for the rest of us and the media to react in kind.
    It's news. That can't be avoided. Trump is still the one responsible for setting the policy, and as a free society it should be discussed. It's too bad he can't seem to do it in a normal way rather than with "Fire and Fury" 13 year old style tweets.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      It's news. That can't be avoided. Trump is still the one responsible for setting the policy, and as a free society it should be discussed. It's too bad he can't seem to do it in a normal way rather than with "Fire and Fury" 13 year old style tweets.
      I feel like we are talking past each other. I agree that it is news. I agree that it must be discussed and analyzed. But that can all take place in an adult fashion, giving proper weight to actual evidence and arguments, without adopting the 13 yo style we both apparently dislike. This is more obvious on topics dealing with the Russian investigation, but applies everywhere.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        I feel like we are talking past each other. I agree that it is news. I agree that it must be discussed and analyzed. But that can all take place in an adult fashion, giving proper weight to actual evidence and arguments, without adopting the 13 yo style we both apparently dislike. This is more obvious on topics dealing with the Russian investigation, but applies everywhere.
        I feel like any discussion of Trump's inappropriateness is going to get disdain and name calling from the Fox News side of the debate who would seem to prefer everyone just ignore the crazy and just fall in line like good followers. I mean, they couldn't even tolerate George Will when he had a contrasting opinion, and he is like the poster boy of tempered, sane discussion. Am I wrong?
        Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I feel like any discussion of Trump's inappropriateness is going to get disdain and name calling from the Fox News side of the debate who would seem to prefer everyone just ignore the crazy and just fall in line like good followers. I mean, they couldn't even tolerate George Will when he had a contrasting opinion, and he is like the poster boy of tempered, sane discussion. Am I wrong?
          Stop watching Fox News.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Stop watching Fox News.
            I mostly don't. I read articles sometimes from their site. When they get particularly crazy, like their hosts equating the FBI with organized crime and saying members of Mueller's team should be arrested and sent to jail for basically just doing their jobs, it's kind of hard to avoid when other outlets show those clips and comment. To say it's mostly just the fault of the anti-Trumps who are overreacting to Trump's clown show, just doesn't square with my view of reality. Trump is the President, so his behavior is news and it does matter, especially when it comes to national security. I sense that to Trump's cult following, which includes Fox and the far-right Breitbart types, ANY disagreement with anything Trump says or does is equated with "hysteria."
            Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Is there a reason why Trump feels the need to lie about every G*d*n thing he speaks on? Is it: A. He's a f*king moron; B. He is woefully unprepared, can't read, and his crazy, unchecked narcissism tells him to just B.S. it because he's the smartest guy in the world and nobody will catch on; C. force of habit; D. All of the Above.
              D.

No doubt about it.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I mostly don't. I read articles sometimes from their site. When they get particularly crazy, like their hosts equating the FBI with organized crime and saying members of Mueller's team should be arrested and sent to jail for basically just doing their jobs, it's kind of hard to avoid when other outlets show those clips and comment. To say it's mostly just the fault of the anti-Trumps who are overreacting to Trump's clown show, just doesn't square with my view of reality. Trump is the President, so his behavior is news and it does matter, especially when it comes to national security. I sense that to Trump's cult following, which includes Fox and the far-right Breitbart types, ANY disagreement with anything Trump says or does is equated with "hysteria."
                Accusing folks like you of using hyperbole is a passive-aggressive way for Tump sympathizers to engage in Trump apologetics without completely coming out of the closet.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Stop watching Fox News.
                  I won't read news articles from Fox news or Huffington Post. I immediately discount them as propaganda from their respective sides.

I also refuse to read anything from BuzzFeed because all they used to have were slideshows designed to generate clicks. That still may be the case.

Comment

• If you would like to hear a left wing slant on Fox, Shep Smith has an hour show I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      If you would like to hear a left wing slant on Fox, Shep Smith has an hour show I think.
                      Is he really left wing? I know he's questioned the Trump propaganda machine enough that I'm surprised he's stayed on there.

Comment

Is he really left wing? I know he's questioned the Trump propaganda machine enough that I'm surprised he's stayed on there.
                        I said slant left. My knowledge is limited as I have only watched him a few times.

Comment

• I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. I used to work with someone like that. He wasn't Russian but he was evangelical and would talk about how they're becoming a "Christian nation." I think a lot of it was their strong anti-gay laws since this guy is also very anti-gay. Naturally he is also a big Trump fan as well. The only Russians I know who live in America are not fond of Putin though. Go figure.

Most of the rest of conservatives I think really aren't paying much attention to the story.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 02-14-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. Most of the rest of the conservatives I think really aren't really paying much attention to the story.
                            Russia’s an authoritarian state with its own brand of Christian fascism. I think their anti lgbt stuff appeals to some right wingers. Ronnie Reagan must be rolling in his grave.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Russia’s an authoritarian state with its own brand of Christian fascism. I think their anti lgbt stuff appeals to some right wingers. Ronnie Reagan must be rolling in his grave.
                              Other things that guy said were stuff like, "having a dictator here might be alright if they did the right things." He didn't have much of an answer when I asked what happens if the dictator does the wrong things.

Comment

I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. I used to work with someone like that. He wasn't Russian but he was evangelical and would talk about how they're becoming a "Christian nation." I think a lot of it was their strong anti-gay laws since this guy is also very anti-gay.

Most of the rest of conservatives I think really aren't paying much attention to the story.
                                Though I lean right, I wouldn't necessarily call myself right wing. Nevertheless, I will regale you with why the accusations of Russian meddling in our elections doesn't move the needle much for me.

Of course they are attempting to meddle. They don't like us. We are a threat to their international ambitions - a geopolitical foe, if you will. It is our job to have systems in place that will prevent their attempts from having any effect. I'm not shocked that they're trying to attack our system. I just want each jurisdiction to have systems and audit trails that protect the integrity of the vote as well as ballot privacy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X