Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    While there isn't anything conclusive yet, and there is plenty of suspicious activity, I'm not near as confident as you that something damning will come out of the investigation.
    That's fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I'm not sure why you'd call it a nothing burger. There has not been anything conclusive yet, but there is plenty that demands further scrutiny and plenty that feeds the suspicion that something happened, including the 9 or 10 Trump with ties to Russians, meetings where dirt on client was discussed, and promises of enacting Russia-favorable promises before being in office. Flynn alone is a big deal. He is cooperating with Mueller. If Mueller is allowed to finish his investigation (a huge if at this point) I'm confident something damning in regards to Trump will come to light.

That makes zero sense. You are giving him far to much credit. Ted just regurgitates outlets like Alex Jones and Breitbart.
      The reason some Republicans in Congress are freaking out and trying now to discredit Mueller who they all praised a few months ago is because they're afraid bad stuff implicating Trump is going to come out. This is just a way of trying to make it so the findings are ignored or not believed when they come out. It's lame.
      Last edited by BlueK; 12-14-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        So help me understand the FBI issue.

I haven't looked very far into it, so tell me what is so horrible.

Here's what I understand. One of the agents working on the investigation seemed to really hate Trump. Said a bunch of dumb disparaging/dumb things. Doesn't have any financial interest or other real interest in taking down Trump beside really not liking the guy (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong). Muller finds out about the dumb things the guy said and removes him from the investigation in the Summer.

Is that an accurate description of the situation?

If so, this is a huge nothingburger. The process is working as it is supposed to.

For the record, the collusion investigation so far only has nothingburgers. Lying to the FBI is dumb and serious but there isn't anything related to collusion yet.
        It is too early to know what the heck is going on and not all of the 10,000 text messages have been released (only about 375 text messages so far have been released). However, there are a couple of messages that seem a little damaging to Mr. Strzok's and the FBI's claims of not interfering with the election:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...%20Policy).pdf

Of course, this has fired up the GOP'ers and now they think that Strzok used the Steele Dossier to get the FISA warrant to spy on Drumpf....

So while the Russian hacker thing is a big nothingburger so far (how long has this investigation been going on again?) this new FBI text message revelation is starting to get entertaining. #ReleaseMoreFBITextMessages!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          It is too early to know what the heck is going on and not all of the 10,000 text messages have been released (only about 375 text messages so far have been released). However, there are a couple of messages that seem a little damaging to Mr. Strzok's and the FBI's claims of not interfering with the election:

Of course, this has fired up the GOP'ers and now they think that Strzok used the Steele Dossier to get the FISA warrant to spy on Drumpf....

So while the Russian hacker thing is a big nothingburger so far (how long has this investigation been going on again?) this new FBI text message revelation is starting to get entertaining. #ReleaseMoreFBITextMessages!

Why would that matter? US intel agencies have a long history of working with Steele going back to his work with the British gov. He was considered an expert when it to Russia. BTW, the dossier hasn't been discredited. Steele has said he thinks about 70 to 80 percent is true.

Did anyone call for investigations into people who investigated Hillary? You think everyone involved had nice things to say about her? Strzok knows a lot than you, I or rep Jordan. Maybe he has some good reasons for being alarmed by Trump.

Comment

That video is incredibly annoying. The Congressman spends the first 5 minutes (4:53) "asking" a question, then allows a 10 second response from the Deputy AG, before taking the mic back and "asking" another question.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              That video is incredibly annoying. The Congressman spends the first 5 minutes (4:53) "asking" a question, then allows a 10 second response from the Deputy AG, before taking the mic back and "asking" another question.
              Jordan is a hack just trying to keep his wing nut constituents happy.

Comment

Why would that matter? US intel agencies have a long history of working with Steele going back to his work with the British gov. He was considered an expert when it to Russia. BTW, the dossier hasn't been discredited. Steele has said he thinks about 70 to 80 percent is true.

Did anyone call for investigations into people who investigated Hillary? You think everyone involved had nice things to say about her? Strzok knows a lot than you, I or rep Jordan. Maybe he has some good reasons for being alarmed by Trump.
                Yeah, they should put Mr. Strzok in front of congress given all he knows... let him plead the 5th in a public setting.
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-14-2017, 11:40 AM.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, they should put Mr. Strzok in front of congress given all he knows... let him can plead the 5th in a public setting.
                  I'm sure Trump would love for it to be illegal for someone to say bad things about him in their private emails, but it's not. This isn't about a crime, so just doesn't meet the qualifications for a special counsel. At worst it just means he should be recused. Oh wait, Mueller already did that.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 12-14-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Steele was paid by Clinton/DNC to produce the dossier... why would he disappoint them with a document that is 20-30% false?

Mueller and his "unbiased" team have had close to a year, armed with that yuge amount of "proof" in the steele dossier, to show that the Russians interfered with the 2016 presidential election. When are they going to arrest Drumpf? The entertainment coming from the Mueller team is low.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Steele was paid by Clinton/DNC to produce the dossier... why would he disappoint them with a document that is 20-30% false?

Mueller and his "unbiased" team have had close to a year, armed with that yuge amount of "proof" in the steele dossier, to show that the Russians interfered with the 2016 presidential election. When are they going to arrest Drumpf? The entertainment coming from the Mueller team is low.
                      Another independent counsel, Ken Starr, took about four years to dig into Whitewater, and at the end of his investigation the most significant thing his team came up with was a smudge on Monica Lewinsky's dress which led to an impeachment. By that standard, the pace and gravity of Mueller's work are very impressive.

Comment

ah, so you're just looking for entertainment. I agree, with the tightness on leaks Mueller is pretty boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          I'm sure Trump would love for it to be illegal for someone to say bad things about him in their private emails, but it's not. This isn't about a crime, so just doesn't meet the qualifications for a special counsel. At worst it just means he should be recused. Oh wait, Mueller already did that.
                          There are a few text messages in the first 375 released so far that may imply some violations of 18 U.S. Code ยง 2385 going on:

Some of these texts appear to go beyond merely expressing a private political opinion, and appear to cross the line into taking some official action to create an “insurance policy” against a Trump presidency.

Creating an "insurance policy" sounds a little gangster-like...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            ah, so you're just looking for entertainment. I agree, with the tightness on leaks Mueller is pretty boring.
                            Yes, the fall of both the republican and democrat parties is pure gold!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Another independent counsel, Ken Starr, took about four years to dig into Whitewater, and at the end of his investigation the most significant thing his team came up with was a smudge on Monica Lewinsky's dress which led to an impeachment. By that standard, the pace and gravity of Mueller's work are very impressive.
                              So we might be into Drumpf's second term before the Mueller and his boys turn up anything? I can't wait that long!
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So now Trump's advisors can't say anything negative to him from intelligence reports about what Russia is doing or he flips out? Nice.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 12-14-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X