Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Comrade Trump

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    The Econimist was involved in commissioning that poll. They are one of the better international affairs magazines out there.

Even on here you have a lot of folks who think we can be friends with Russia. Fwiw, I think Putin would have gotten a similar bump from democrats if he was backing Clinton. Partisanship is powerful.
    This poll? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not seeing a big majority of Republicans as Putin lovers.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/1...s-over-russia/

I got to hand it to you, you are the most consistent Russia apologist on the board.
    My opinion of Putin is roughly the same as the authoritarian that runs this board. I don't like him, but he ain't going anywhere, so might as well be friends with him.

Have you seen the poll that indicates Trudeau is better liked by Dems today versus before the election? Wonder what the Canadians have been up to. Gives me chills.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    My opinion of Putin is roughly the same as the authoritarian that runs this board. I don't like him, but he ain't going anywhere, so might as well be friends with him.

Have you seen the poll that indicates Trudeau is better liked by Dems today versus before the election? Wonder what the Canadians have been up to. Gives me chills.
    Um, Trudeau and Putin don't make for much of a parallel. I'm relieved to know you're not a Putin fan (I mean that completely sincerely). I think the Obama administration tried to get along with him to the point where it became a strategic failure. It went south as soon as Medevev and Putin switched roles.

Another area where you and I differ though is labeling the CIA's opinion, given post-election, a coup. Trumps statements on Russia lend themselves a detante but it's interesting he has not had trouble antagonizing NATO or China.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    This poll? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not seeing a big majority of Republicans as Putin lovers.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/1...s-over-russia/
    I overstated it with the word loving, but the polls a big change in republican views on Putin's favorability.

I overstated it with the word loving, but the polls a big change in republican views on Putin's favorability.
    You said a big majority like him. Even if the polling is correct (it's not), you're still not even close to the truth. This thing has unhinged you, man.

I sincerely urge you to take a step back. Not just from this discussion, but from the news in general. Take a month long news fast. Maybe two or three. Shut it all out. I promise you'll find yourself in a better place and Putin will have magically lost his hold on the American electorate. I've done it before and it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    You said a big majority like him. Even if the polling is correct (it's not), you're still not even close to the truth. This thing has unhinged you, man.

I sincerely urge you to take a step back. Not just from this discussion, but from the news in general. Take a month long news fast. Maybe two or three. Shut it all out. I promise you'll find yourself in a better place and Putin will have magically lost his hold on the American electorate. I've done it before and it's great.
    I don't think your advice is horrible and I might take it, but unhinged is pretty harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That's the spirit.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That's the spirit.
    I missed that the first time. Great line, Walter.

Ruskies must have set up shop in DHS...

More states confirm suspected cyberattacks sourced to DHS

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/more...-dhs/476227320

ATLANTA - Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Aaron Diamant has learned two more states’ election agencies have confirmed suspected cyberattacks linked to the same U.S. Department of Homeland Security IP address as last month’s massive attack in Georgia.

The two states reporting the suspected cyberattacks were West Virginia and Kentucky.

Kemp also told Diamant that DHS has yet to explain at least nine other suspected network scans linked to DHS IP addresses over the last year on or around important primary and presidential election dates. Kemp's call for answers is amplified now by the National Association of Secretaries of State, or NASS.
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Pre-Historic Man

I don't think your advice is horrible and I might take it, but unhinged is pretty harsh.
    You're taking it much too harshly. This is all for entertainment purposes. We now have reality realpolitik at its finest.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Here is why I don't think Trump and Putin will end up being so chummy. They are both major egomaniacs. They are going to have some major differences and I don't see Trump reacting well to Putin getting the better of him.

I don't put much stock in the democrats complaints and worries. Seriously, would a Putin buddy have caved in anymore to the Russians than this administration has?

My fear is not we are going to do to much placating of the Russians, but a worry these two might escalate things beyond where they need to go.
    I'm excited to see them shake hands. See who wins that wrestling match

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondave View Post
    I'm excited to see them shake hands. See who wins that wrestling match
    I'd take Putin in a wrestling match over Trump. Trump is bloated and soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Haha. I feel terrible saying this but I really like both of them.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Putin would destroy Trump in a wrestling match, with a black belt in judo and I believe also krav maga, Trump stands no chance.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Putin would destroy Trump in a wrestling match, with a black belt in judo and I believe also krav maga, Trump stands no chance.
    If I'm Trump then I resort to hot wife smack.

If I'm Trump then I resort to hot wife smack.
    Or maybe not: http://pagesix.com/2016/04/14/vladim...y-23-year-old/

Pre-Historic Man

He is purportedly the wealthiest man in the world by some estimations by virtue of his ownership in Gazprom. His net worth is 200 Billion Dollars. With that sort of wealth, he can have almost anything he wants.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...gner-investor/

...Trumps statements on Russia lend themselves a detante but it's interesting he has not had trouble antagonizing NATO or China.
    Were you this upset when it was Obama who was antagonizing our allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Putin is the kind of guy who wants to crush you himself. Trump is the kind of guy who wants to hire someone to crush you and then take credit for it.

It all depends on who Trump pays to wrestle Putin for him.

(Actually - either way, Putin probably has a sniper hidden away somewhere with instructions to shoot the other guy if it starts to look like he might lose. So there's that to consider...)

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Were you this upset when it was Obama who was antagonizing our allies?

Putin is the kind of guy who wants to crush you himself. Trump is the kind of guy who wants to hire someone to crush you and then take credit for it.

It all depends on who Trump pays to wrestle Putin for him.

(Actually - either way, Putin probably has a sniper hidden away somewhere with instructions to shoot the other guy if it starts to look like he might lose. So there's that to consider...)
    Putin has outwitted Obama at every step of Obama's presidency. I am not certain Russia's involvement in Syria will ultimately benefit Russia, but it may just be part of solidifying Russia's gains in the Middle East.

Russia has solidified its positions with Iran and Syria strategically. If Syria can hold on, with Iraq's weakness, Iran becomes the region's majority player with Russia pulling the strings. The major question is how long Russia's economy can sustain the war effort if it spreads. If Turkey, Iran or Syria move to swallow up Iraq, will Russia get involved. If Iran moves to annex parts of Afghanistan how will Russia respond?

Russia wants to control natural gas to Europe. Syria is the key. The original conflict in Syria was Russia/Iran(Shia) versus US(Europe)/Saudi/Kuwait(Sunni). The US excuse was the overthrow of the oppressive Assad regime (Shia). The Russian excuse was helping Syria fight terror (Sunni). With Obama's warming to Iran and tacit approval of a Shia led Iraqi force to fight ISIS and you start to wonder if we should be saying Comrade Obama.

I don't see any good guys in this fight.
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

I'm reviving this thread because this issue deserves it's own and those that get annoyed by me posting it can more easily ignore it.

I think this was especially sneaky by the Russians: Posting fraudulent ads that they pretended were from black lives matter, and setting up fake extremist Muslim groups on Facebook.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusi...-and-instagram

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/27/medi....html?adkey=bn

I'm reviving this thread because this issue deserves it's own and those that get annoyed by me posting it can more easily ignore it.

I think this was especially sneaky by the Russians: Posting fraudulent ads that they pretended were from black lives matter, and setting up fake extremist Muslim groups on Facebook.

Key takeaway: "New descriptions of the Russian-bought ads shared with CNN suggest that the apparent goal of the Russian buyers was to amplify political discord and fuel an atmosphere of incivility and chaos, though not necessarily to promote one candidate or cause over another."

Still no collusion...

kushner failed to disclose his use of personal email accounts for wh business. who's the irony guy around here
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    kushner failed to disclose his use of personal email accounts for wh business. who's the irony guy around here
    I am the Irony Sheriff!

Definitely ironic.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

They should fine that SoB, Mark Fuckerberg, $2 billion dollars for selling ads to the Ruskies... and give all those poor donors that wasted their money on Hillary their money back.

Edit: Like this poor sap...

ye7xfedi6ooz.jpg
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    They should fine that SoB, Mark Fuckerberg, $2 billion dollars for selling ads to the Ruskies... and give all those poor donors that wasted their money on Hillary their money back.

Edit: Like this poor sap...

That photo. Uncle Ted, you need that outfit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That photo. Uncle Ted, you need that outfit!!!
    Not my style... but they should force Zuckerberg to reimburse that poor kid for what he spent on the hooded onesie as well.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Kushner didn't bother to let the senate intelligence comm. about his private email.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politi...nce/index.html

Kushner didn't bother to let the senate intelligence comm. about his private email.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politi...nce/index.html
    Shocker. He seems like such an honest, stand-up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Key takeaway: "New descriptions of the Russian-bought ads shared with CNN suggest that the apparent goal of the Russian buyers was to amplify political discord and fuel an atmosphere of incivility and chaos, though not necessarily to promote one candidate or cause over another."

Still no collusion...
    What would be your definition of collusion?