Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    I know this is a "nothing burger" and Russia in an angelic country that didn't impact the election, and is country that Trump doesn't single out for softening others' criticisms of it, but here you go anyway.

Secret Finding: 60 Russian Payments "To Finance Election Campaign Of 2016”
    The FBI is scrutinizing more than 60 money transfers sent by the Russian foreign ministry to its embassies across the globe, most of them bearing a note that said the money was to be used “to finance election campaign of 2016.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopol...5D0#.rj4DzMy09
    Hillary Clinton and her PACs raised $2.1B and couldn't win the election. How much could $380k, divided into $30k payments, really to do influence the vote?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Hillary Clinton and her PACs raised $2.1B and couldn't win the election. How much could $380k, divided into $30k payments, really to do influence the vote?
      Sure, they used different tactics. They did well with their bot armies and messaging, and with their surrogate Wikileaks.

Comment

Sure, they used different tactics. They did well with their bot armies and messaging, and with their surrogate Wikileaks.
        You almost have to admire those plucky but underfunded Russians coming out on top like that. It's another immigrant success story in America!
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          You almost have to admire those plucky but underfunded Russians coming out on top like that. It's another immigrant success story in America!
          Think how many bot armies Hillary could have bought with $2B. Another strategic failure for her.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good to know you don’t give a shit about a hostile power injecting themselves into our election.

Comment

Think how many bot armies Hillary could have bought with $2B. Another strategic failure for her.
              The goal posts keep moving. At first it was the Russians didn’t involve themselves in our elections, then it was the didn’t favor a specific side, then on to they were hasn’t coordination with anyone from the campaign, but if they did it had no impact.

Comment

They seem more competent than Hillary at campaigning which doesn’t say much.

Comment

Good to know you don’t give a shit about a hostile power injecting themselves into our election.
                  Not just injecting but WINNING for $380k! And, as that noted patriot George S, Patton pointed out: America loves a winner!
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

For a cool $2B Hillary could have totally owned Facebook, Twitter, etc. and the DNC... and maybe even the RNC. Instead she blew most of it on a bunch of ugly pantsuits.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not just injecting but WINNING for $380k! And, as that noted patriot George S, Patton pointed out: America loves a winner!
                      You don’t think they were a factor? They were one of the main buyers of ads on Twitter. The Russians also had success with Brexit, and the Seperatist in Catalonia, elections in Hungary and Poland. Their efforts were rebuffed by the French and Germans in those elections.

I’m not sure why you flippantly and condescendingly dismiss this stuff.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

You don’t think they were a factor? They were one of the main buyers of ads on Twitter. The Russians also had success with Brexit, and the Seperatist in Catalonia, elections in Hungary and Poland. Their efforts were rebuffed by the French and Germans in those elections.

I’m not sure why you flippantly and condescendingly dismiss this stuff.
                        So the Russians elected Trump and caused Brexit and manufactured the Catalonian vote for independence? That's an impressive threesome. If Trump came in at around 380k, they probably got all three for less than a million! That is efficiency!
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

So the Russians elected Trump and caused Brexit and manufactured the Catalonian vote for independence? That's an impressive threesome. If Trump came in at around 380k, they probably got all three for less than a million! That is efficiency!
                          super weird series of posts for someone concerned with the puerility of political discourse
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The goal posts keep moving. At first it was the Russians didn’t involve themselves in our elections, then it was the didn’t favor a specific side, then on to they were hasn’t coordination with anyone from the campaign, but if they did it had no impact.
                            You might be right, but just to be clear - I'm not moving goal posts. I think the payments are interesting, but who did they go to? What impact is $30k here and $30k there going to have when the major campaigns are spending billions to move the needle?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes that’s exactly what I said verbatim. You’re pretty good at pedantic trolling.
                              Last edited by frank ryan; 11-14-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

You might be right, but just to be clear - I'm not moving goal posts. I think the payments are interesting, but who did they go to? What impact is $30k here and $30k there going to have when the major campaigns are spending billions to move the needle?

That’s a fair point, but that is what piece of their influence campaign and a new detail. Getting Wikileaks to publish material they acted in manner meant to most impact people doesn’t cost much money. We don’t yet know the extent of their investment. The Russians have massive and very capable intelligence agencies. We underestimated them and failed to war game the whole scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X