• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    The damn Ruskies have gone Green!

that is pretty funny.

Comment

• So how is the Manafort Russian Collusion Tax evasion trial going?...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• ellis is way out of line. greg andres is so good at his job it’s not even funny
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          ellis is way out of line. greg andres is so good at his job it’s not even funny
          Way out of line? It doesn't strike me as very unusual for trial work. I would consider this sort of thing fairly common. Very good trial lawyers often push judges like this, and the judges push back. Way out of line usually involves a lot worse than this, in my experience.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Either way, Manafort appears to be in real trouble given what has been presented.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Either way, Manafort appears to be in real trouble given what has been presented.
              In trouble for tax evasion, not for Comrade Manafort.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                not for Comrade Manafort.
                that isn't what he's on trial for. The strategy seems to be get him on his fraudulent activity, have him face the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison and then get him to talk about the other stuff. He's too arrogant to make a deal before trial, IMO. Or maybe he's just been hoping to get a pardon.
                Last edited by BlueK; 08-08-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Way out of line? It doesn't strike me as very unusual for trial work. I would consider this sort of thing fairly common. Very good trial lawyers often push judges like this, and the judges push back. Way out of line usually involves a lot worse than this, in my experience.
                  the tears in eyes comment is way out of line.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Judge Ellis was only concerned about Andres' feelings.

Andres talking over Judge Ellis is out of line... I am guessing that put Andres on the Judge's bad side. Important safety tip for you lawyers: don't talk while the judge is lecturing you.
                    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-08-2018, 10:57 AM.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

that isn't what he's on trial for.
                      Right. That was my point. ANd yet, here we are in the Comrade Trump thread.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

lol. I really dont think so. I don't try cases in such rarefied air as the guys we are talking about, but for us regular down-in-the-mud types that is really not that unusual and certainly is not way out of line, at least not on the transcript. Maybe you heard audio or have video, which could make a difference, I guess. But if you have a cranky judge, and by all accounts I have seen this guy is one, that sort of stuff happens all the time.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

lol. I really dont think so. I don't try cases in such rarefied air as the guys we are talking about, but for us regular down-in-the-mud types that is really not that unusual and certainly is not way out of line, at least not on the transcript. Maybe you heard audio or have video, which could make a difference, I guess. But if you have a cranky judge, and by all accounts I have seen this guy is one, that sort of stuff happens all the time.
                          In traffic court for a speeding ticket once I had the opposite of a cranky judge. She was cracking jokes about the cop when he didn't show up to testify and she had to throw out the case. Or the other hand maybe that was her way of expressing some frustration of having her time wasted by the police, as she saw it. Who knows.

Comment

Right. That was my point. ANd yet, here we are in the Comrade Trump thread.
                            It's not totally unrelated, as much as Trump wishes that were the case. He was the campaign manager. He was millions in debt to a Russian oligarch to whom he promised to give inside information about the campaign in the hopes of having that debt written off. He was working for the campaign for free despite being in serious dire straits financially which allegedly led to dodging taxes and committing bank fraud to get money, which is what he is currently on trial for. He was also present at the infamous Trump Tower meeting to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government as the emails show was the intent of the meeting, whether they got the goods at that time or not.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 08-08-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

It's not totally unrelated, as much as Trump wishes that were the case. He was the campaign manager. He was millions in debt to a Russian oligarch to whom he promised to give inside information about the campaign in the hopes of having that debt written off. He was working for the campaign for free despite being in serious dire straits financially which allegedly led to dodging taxes and committing bank fraud to get money, which is what he is currently on trial for. He was also present at the infamous Trump Tower meeting to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government as the emails show was the intent of the meeting, whether they got the goods at that time or not.
                              Hey, did we ever get that dirt on Hillary yet? Enquiring minds want to know!
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Hey, did we ever get that dirt on Hillary yet? Enquiring minds want to know!
                                What office does she hold now or is she running for? I keep forgetting.

But if you haven't found that dirt yet maybe there wasn't any and the Russians were just running a scam.

Comment

Working...
                                X