Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Of course I don’t think you can play one without being one.
    Yeah, maybe not. The point is, it's probably the same thing in practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Yeah, maybe not. The point is, it's probably the same thing in practice.
      The concept of an "Open Border" is illusory and false. Imagine if Bangladesh had an open border with India, or Bhutan with China and both India and China decided to dump all their poor into those countries. Resources would be overwhelmed almost instantly. The Shengen Agreement allows for free movement within EU countries, but that's not the same as a pure open border. The US has open borders between states.

Again, Democratic policy advocates for open borders ignore resource management. The US admitted 1.49 Million immigrants in 2016. I don't know if the is a measure of legal and unlawful or not. Surprisingly, the country supplying the largest number is India.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...states#Numbers
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        The concept of an "Open Border" is illusory and false. Imagine if Bangladesh had an open border with India, or Bhutan with China and both India and China decided to dump all their poor into those countries. Resources would be overwhelmed almost instantly. The Shengen Agreement allows for free movement within EU countries, but that's not the same as a pure open border. The US has open borders between states.

Again, Democratic policy advocates for open borders ignore resource management. The US admitted 1.49 Million immigrants in 2016. I don't know if the is a measure of legal and unlawful or not. Surprisingly, the country supplying the largest number is India.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...states#Numbers
        my "same thing in practice" refers to being a true racist or just playing one on TV.

I think immigration restrictionists like to throw out the "open border" epithet a lot to muddy the issue and prevent meaningful discussion. The truth is most people who like a market based immigration system are not in favor of no controls at all. The reason it appears we have open borders is because we actually already have strict immigration laws that end up promoting a black market on immigration because there are jobs that can be filled. We would also love to keep all harmful drugs out of the country and have passed very restrictive laws. They don't work well because there is a market for it that is filled by the black market. The same goes for companies that need labor but have a hard time filling those jobs. So there are people seeking to come here who want to work. At least if they are legal they can be taxed like everyone else.

Soviet style government central planning was also about resource management. The problem is, when the government does it instead of the market, it doesn't work.

I'm still a libertarian. We used to be able to find a home within the Republican party, but the Trump party is about as anti-libertarian as it gets and I don't feel welcome there. I'm not a democrat or a --gasp-- liberal, either. But right now of the two, the dems seem more welcoming of people like me. I'll probably still vote mostly for the libertarian party in elections, but Trump is really pushing me hard into wanting to vote democrat this time.
        Last edited by BlueK; 07-18-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

my "same thing in practice" refers to being a true racist or just playing one on TV.

I think immigration restrictionists like to throw out the "open border" epithet a lot to muddy the issue and prevent meaningful discussion. The truth is most people who like a market based immigration system are not in favor of no controls at all. The reason it appears we have open borders is because we actually already have strict immigration laws that end up promoting a black market on immigration because there are jobs that can be filled. We would also love to keep all harmful drugs out of the country and have passed very restrictive laws. They don't work well because there is a market for it that is filled by the black market. The same goes for companies that need labor but have a hard time filling those jobs. So there are people seeking to come here who want to work. At least if they are legal they can be taxed like everyone else.

Soviet style government central planning was also about resource management. The problem is, when the government does it instead of the market, it doesn't work.

I'm still a libertarian.
          As to these concepts we agree. Sanders, Ocasio-Cortez and Frank Ryan disagree They believe we have unlimited resources and prefer inefficient government management.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• In order of least hot to most hot here is where I rank known female Russian spies.

1- Marina Butina

2- Anna Chapman

Comment

• Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.
                Methinks that presentation makes for an unfair fight.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Agreed. 2 is hotter than 1.

Comment

• My 1 and 2:

You realize this would get us all banned on CB.

Comment

I deem the evidence inconclusive. But then, I'm an ass man.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I deem the evidence inconclusive. But then, I'm an ass man.
                        Don't be an ass, man.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

and reminder that Trump is still with them. No different than Trump's Charlottesville comments. Trump's only political strategy is to hold together his base, whatever it takes and no matter how fringe some of them are.
                          Or Trump pushing for clemency for scumbag Tommy Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Don't be an ass, man.
                            Nicely done.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• From the Start, Trump Has Muddied a Clear Message: Putin Interfered

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.
                              On Monday, standing next to the Russian president in Helsinki, Finland, Mr. Trump said he accepted Mr. Putin’s denial of Russian election intrusions. By Tuesday, faced with a bipartisan political outcry, Mr. Trump sought to walk back his words and sided with his intelligence agencies.

On Wednesday, when a reporter asked, “Is Russia still targeting the U.S.?” Mr. Trump shot back, “No” — directly contradicting statements made only days earlier by his director of national intelligence, Dan Coats, who was sitting a few chairs away in the Cabinet Room. (The White House later said he was responding to a different question.)

Hours later, in a CBS News interview, Mr. Trump seemed to reverse course again. He blamed Mr. Putin personally, but only indirectly, for the election interference by Russia, “because he’s in charge of the country.”

In the run-up to this week’s ducking and weaving, Mr. Trump has done all he can to suggest other possible explanations for the hacks into the American political system. His fear, according to one of his closest aides who spoke on the condition of anonymity, is that any admission of even an unsuccessful Russian attempt to influence the 2016 vote raises questions about the legitimacy of his presidency.

The Jan. 6, 2017, meeting, held at Trump Tower, was a prime example. He was briefed that day by John O. Brennan, the C.I.A. director; James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence; and Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency and the commander of United States Cyber Command.

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, was also there; after the formal briefing, he privately told Mr. Trump about the “Steele dossier.” That report, by a former British intelligence officer, included uncorroborated salacious stories of Mr. Trump’s activities during a visit to Moscow, which he denied.

According to nearly a dozen people who either attended the meeting with the president-elect or were later briefed on it, the four primary intelligence officials described the streams of intelligence that convinced them of Mr. Putin’s role in the election interference.

They included stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee that had been seen in Russian military intelligence networks by the British, Dutch and American intelligence services. Officers of the Russian intelligence agency formerly known as the G.R.U. had plotted with groups like WikiLeaks on how to release the email stash.

And ultimately, several human sources had confirmed Mr. Putin’s own role.

That included one particularly valuable source, who was considered so sensitive that Mr. Brennan had declined to refer to it in any way in the Presidential Daily Brief during the final months of the Obama administration, as the Russia investigation intensified.

Instead, to keep the information from being shared widely, Mr. Brennan sent reports from the source to Mr. Obama and a small group of top national security aides in a separate, white envelope to assure its security.

Mr. Trump and his aides were also given other reasons during the briefing to believe that Russia was behind the D.N.C. hacks.
                              The same Russian groups had been involved in cyberattacks on the State Department and White House unclassified email systems in 2014 and 2015, and in an attack on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They had aggressively fought the N.S.A. against being ejected from the White House system, engaging in what the deputy director of the agency later called “hand-to-hand combat” to dig in

The pattern of the D.N.C. hacks, and the theft of emails from John D. Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, fit the same pattern.

After the briefings, Mr. Trump issued a statement later that day that sought to spread the blame for the meddling. He said “Russia, China and other countries, outside groups and countries” were launching cyberattacks against American government, businesses and political organizations — including the D.N.C.

Still, Mr. Trump said in his statement, “there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election.”

Mr. Brennan later told Congress that he had no doubt where the attacks were coming from.

“I was convinced in the summer that the Russians were trying to interfere in the election,” he said in testimony in May 2017. “And they were very aggressive.”

For Mr. Trump, the messengers were as much a part of the problem as the message they delivered.

Mr. Brennan and Mr. Clapper were both Obama administration appointees who left the government the day Mr. Trump was inaugurated. The new president soon took to portraying them as political hacks who had warped the intelligence to provide Democrats with an excuse for Mrs. Clinton’s loss in the election.

Mr. Comey fared little better. He was fired in May 2017 after refusing to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump and pushing forward on the federal investigation into whether the Trump campaign had cooperated with Russia’s election interference.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/w...T.nav=top-news

Comment

• Survey says... less than 1% of Americans give a rat's ass about the situation with Russia:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/237389/...blem-list.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/237392/...&g_medium=copy

"Russians?!? We don't care about no stink'n Russians!"
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X