Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    With all this evidence why haven't we sent some tomahawk missiles in to bomb Moscow yet to send a clear message? Those SoB's need to pay, dammit! We are America, Bitch.

And why hasn't the FBI collared those Russian hacker kiddies? They haven't been earning their paychecks lately. We want action! They should have busted in the DNC's door and got that email server too. They missed a valuable opportunity to collect more evidence. The FBI is super lame.
    From the pro-Trump rag "The Nation":

https://www.thenation.com/article/mu...add-collusion/

The Mueller Indictments Still Don’t Add Up to Collusion

A year of investigations has led to several guilty pleas, but none of them go to the core of the special counsel’s mandate.

In just over one year, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of the Trump campaign and Russia has generated five guilty pleas, 20 indictments, and more than 100 charges. None of these have anything to do with Mueller’s chief focus: the Russian government’s alleged meddling in the 2016 election and the Trump campaign’s suspected involvement. While it’s certainly possible that Mueller will make new indictments that go to the core of his case, what’s been revealed so far does not make a compelling brief for collusion.

[...]

The January 2017 intelligence report begat an endless cycle of innuendo and unverified claims, inculcating the public with fears of a massive Russian interference operation and suspicions of the Trump campaign’s complicity. The evidence to date casts doubt on the merits of this national preoccupation, and with it, the judgment of the intelligence, political, and media figures who have elevated it to such prominence.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      From the pro-Trump rag "The Nation":

https://www.thenation.com/article/mu...add-collusion/
      [INDENT]
      The Mueller Indictments Still Don’t Add Up to Collusion

A year of investigations has led to several guilty pleas, but none of them go to the core of the special counsel’s mandate.

While it’s certainly possible that Mueller will make new indictments that go to the core of his case
      It's more than possible. It's highly probable.

You can speculate either of two ways..

1. Mueller's team is just flailing around uncovering basically nothing and trying to prolong it as much as possible because he's just a creep trying to harm Trump at any cost (the FoxNOISE! narrative)

2. Muller's team respects the seriousness and gravity of the situation because it involves an election and the President of the US. Also he's working within the context of a highly toxic partisan environment in the country, so is playing it close to the vest for a reason, namely that what is eventually going to be released has to be absolutely beyond reproach. It takes time to create an unbreakable case, and within a context of similar types of investigations like organized crime, it really hasn't taken that long. Also, until this investigation when the partisan mud started to sling from the White House and FoxNOISE!, he had a stellar reputation from both sides of the aisle. If there wasn't much there he would have said so by now and closed it up. Raiding the attorney's office of the President is not to be taken lightly, and a Federal magistrate -- a republican appointee of GW Bush -- would have applied a higher than usual standard for issuing that warrant. My guess is Cohen is getting pretty close to starting to sing like a canary.

But we'll see what happens. It just seems to me that the overreacting from Trump is kind of giving it away. He knows what's coming and wants to prepare the nation to just not care when it's bad news for him. He may end up being right about that. And while Trump is likely still a ways away from the end goal. IMO, he's working hard every day to push the envelope as far as he can in the direction of America being ok with the thought of an above the law dictator being in charge of the country -- in which case it wouldn't matter what he or his campaign did. Much of his base is probably already there.
      Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        he's working hard every day to push the envelope as far as he can in the direction of America being ok with the thought of an above the law dictator being in charge of the country
        Jesus Christ you are nuts.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

LOL. Says the board's batshit crazy uncle.

I didn't say he would succeed. But you're a complete moron if you can't see he's pushing the envelope to authoritarianism as much as he can get away with.
          Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

don’t talk about your elder brother that way
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              don’t talk about your elder brother that way
              Apologies. A moment of weakness.

I'm going to have to give BlueK the SoonerCoug treatment soon. I've been previously deputized, so I have mandate... kinda.

Originally posted by BlueK
              Trump's behavior is pretty bizarre judging against US President historical norms, but is not that abnormal by erratic third world style dictator standards.
              If you don't like the nazi comparisons just tell Donald to stop acting like one and the comparisons will go away.
              It's all part of Trump's plan anyway. He wants those disturbances so his brainwashed followers can see how he reacts and feel like they're with hIm as he overreact and paints those who disagree with him as bad people. Classic fascist dictator technique.
              As you can see I've saved some good ones, but just haven't had the time to dig deep and give BlueK the full consideration that he/she deserves.

Comment

• I wouldn't say The Nation is pro-Trump, but Stephen Cohen is a Putin apologist, he writes for them all the time and his wife is one of the publishers. The Nation has had some serious newsroom infighting.
                A piece on Cohen:

Eric Alterman, a journalism professor at Brooklyn College and a Nation columnist who has known Cohen for decades, calls Bukharin and the Bolshevik Revolution "one of the most consequential books of the past century." It realized "the dream of all writers to have an effect not only on world leaders but also on history itself."
                But these days, Cohen is better known for his views on a different Russian leader. In his columns and media appearances in recent years, he has become perhaps the most prominent defender of Vladimir Putin. "Putin is not a thug," he declared on CNN. "He’s not a neo-Soviet imperialist who’s trying to recreate the Soviet Union. He’s not even anti-American." The defense extends to the U.S. president, who has had some nice things to say about Putin. "The number-one threat to the United States today," Cohen told Fox News, is the continuing investigation of Trump’s ties to Russia: "There is no evidence there was any wrongdoing."

Perspectives like that have attracted the ire of a wide array of critics. Writing in The New Republic, Isaac Chotiner called Cohen "Putin’s American apologist." Jonathan Chait in New York magazine labeled him a "dupe" and "a septuagenarian, old-school leftist who has carried on the mental habits of decades of anti-anti-communism seamlessly into a new career of anti-anti-Putinism." Cathy Young in Slate said Cohen was "repeating Russian misinformation" and "recycling this propaganda." And there are many others who share those views, even at the magazine his wife runs.

Cohen’s ideas about Russia, which once got him invited to Camp David to advise a sitting president, now make him the most controversial expert in the field. His enemies and friends ask the same question: What happened to Stephen F. Cohen?

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Is...Putin-s/241777

Comment

• Welp, I guess Trump set the record straight on Crimea:

Trump Told G7 Leaders That Crimea Is Russian Because Everyone Speaks Russian In Crimea
                  Trump made the remarks over dinner with other world leaders at the G7 summit in Canada.

President Donald Trump told G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian, according to two diplomatic sources.

Trump made the remarks over dinner last Friday during a discussion on foreign affairs at the G7 summit in Quebec, Canada, one of the diplomats told BuzzFeed News.

The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to speak on the matter.

Russia invaded and then annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, leading to widespread international condemnation and sanctions. The move also directly led to Russia being kicked out of the then-G8. Russian President Vladimir Putin defended Russia’s intervention in Crimea at the time, saying that he had the right to protect Russian citizens and Russian speakers in Ukraine.

During the dinner, Trump also seemed to question why the G7 leaders were siding with Ukraine. The president told leaders that "Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world," the source said.

It is unclear whether Trump’s comments were throwaway remarks said in jest, or whether he was signaling a radical departure from current US foreign policy.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment. When asked about the president's comments on Thursday, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters at the daily press briefing she couldn't comment.

"I'm not aware of any comment like that," Sanders said. "I know it been reported but I'm not going to comment on a private conversation I wasn't a part of."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonard...Gv5#.yegDAj95o

Comment

Apologies. A moment of weakness.

I'm going to have to give BlueK the SoonerCoug treatment soon. I've been previously deputized, so I have mandate... kinda.

As you can see I've saved some good ones, but just haven't had the time to dig deep and give BlueK the full consideration that he/she deserves.
                    Yeah, a little hyperbole about a corrupt, morally bankrupt moron of a president is an unforgivable crime. Cry me a river.

What his Border Patrol is doing with kids and parents right now is not hyperbole. It's immoral, repulsive and disgusting.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Yeah, a little hyperbole about a corrupt, morally bankrupt moron of a president is an unforgivable crime. Cry me a river.

What his Border Patrol is doing with kids and parents right now is not hyperbole. It's immoral, repulsive and disgusting.
                      Wait, so you don't believe the things you say?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Wait, so you don't believe the things you say?
                        Is that what I said? Trump is an authoritarian who is pushing the norms as far as he can to see what he can get away with. I do believe that. My only concession to Walter was that even IF it sounds extreme to say he uses textbook aspiring dictator techniques (which I don't think is really that hyperbolic given the way he praises ruthless dictators), he's already doing some grossly immoral things like taking small kids away from their parents for daring to attempt to enter LEGALLY by asking for asylum based on horrific conditions in the country they came from. Current law has that provision and Trump and Jeff Sessions are basically trying to circumvent that.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Welp, I guess Trump set the record straight on Crimea:

Trump Told G7 Leaders That Crimea Is Russian Because Everyone Speaks Russian In Crimea
                          Trump made the remarks over dinner with other world leaders at the G7 summit in Canada.

The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            The leadership in Belarus and Kazakhstan might be having some sleepless nights thanks to Trump's genuinely idiotic statement (I trust not even the most ardent Trump supporter who reads this would contest that characterization). More people in those countries speak Russian than either Belarusian or Kazakh, so perhaps Trump will give Putin the green light for further expansion. I've spent a little time in Crimea and work with Ukrainians and Belarusians, and I've never heard anyone speak kindly of Putin or Russia (anecdotal, I concede).
                            Most people in Canada speak English... just sayin'.

(Really I just want a Tim Horton's here in Seattle... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)

Comment

(Really I just want a Tim Horton's here in Seattle... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)
                              In view of these facts, I'm confident that unless the Canucks remove the tariffs on our cheese (a grave threat to our national security, as He has declared), I say we're goin' in.

Comment

I will be going to Canada for the first time soon. Should I seek out a Time Hortons?

Comment

Working...
                                X