No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Fox News Employee Says She Was Blocked From Investigating Trump-Russia Ties

A former Fox News employee said the network blocked her from going to Moscow to investigate President Donald Trump’s links with Russia, one of several claims of news bias at 21st Century Fox Inc. made by former and current workers opposing its takeover of Sky Plc.

“You can’t do in-depth reporting if you’re not there,” said Jessica Golloher, a former Fox Radio correspondent who is suing the division for gender discrimination, at a gathering with U.K. lawmakers and citizens in Parliament on Monday. “Fox didn’t let me go to Moscow to dig into Trump’s Russian connections, even when I offered to pay my own way.”

“Fox is just buying what the White House is selling,” she said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-employee-says

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      No he isn’t one, he regularly criticizes Trump, and doesn’t minimize people’s concerns with him. Crockett is an example of a Trump supporter.

I can criticize Trump plenty and I share some of the common concerns with him. I would have gladly taken almost any of the other republican contenders over Trump (assuming they would have beaten Hillary) and I would even consider voting for a moderate, JFK-type democrat (if such a thing even exists any more) over Trump.

But, most of you are concerned with Trump's style (which I very much dislike, too, except that he's a fighter) and ignore the substance. There are a bunch of supposed conservatives on here that virtue-signal they didn't vote for Trump, meanwhile Trump is pursuing a largely conservative agenda and accomplishing a number of things that most conservatives like. They just don't like how he goes about it (which I completely agree with), but at least conservatives should recognize some of the good things that are happening under Trump's watch. A bunch of trade wars and WWIII are not looming. That's just part of the Art of the Deal. And I do like to challenge some of the Trump Derangement that goes on, because it is often unhinged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post

I can criticize Trump plenty and I share some of the common concerns with him. I would have gladly taken almost any of the other republican contenders over Trump (assuming they would have beaten Hillary) and I would even consider voting for a moderate, JFK-type democrat (if such a thing even exists any more) over Trump.

But, most of you are concerned with Trump's style (which I very much dislike, too, except that he's a fighter) and ignore the substance. There are a bunch of supposed conservatives on here that virtue-signal they didn't vote for Trump, meanwhile Trump is pursuing a largely conservative agenda and accomplishing a number of things that most conservatives like. They just don't like how he goes about it (which I completely agree with), but at least conservatives should recognize some of the good things that are happening under Trump's watch. A bunch of trade wars and WWIII are not looming. That's just part of the Art of the Deal. And I do like to challenge some of the Trump Derangement that goes on, because it is often unhinged.
        Uh Trump hasn't accomplished anything yet, his anti immigrant racist cheerleading is damaging the party and will hurt the country for decades. Republicans are slowly tu4ning into the xenophobic party because of Trump and trumpers

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Uh Trump hasn't accomplished anything yet, his anti immigrant racist cheerleading is damaging the party and will hurt the country for decades. Republicans are slowly tu4ning into the xenophobic party because of Trump and trumpers
          Well, he did appoint a SC Justice. Not sure if that counts as an "accomplishment" per se.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Okay, so you are not paying attention.

BTW, funny how Trump wasn't racist until he ran for office as a republican.

Maybe democrats always call republicans racists no matter what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Well, he did appoint a SC Justice. Not sure if that counts as an "accomplishment" per se.
              That is #1 and that will have consequences for decades.

Comment

That is #1 and that will have consequences for decades.
                thats all you got? that is definitely worth the increase in xenophobic policies, closing down immigration, international embarrassment, and the republican party tending further towards racism

Comment

thats all you got? that is definitely worth the increase in xenophobic policies, closing down immigration, international embarrassment, and the republican party tending further towards racism
                  He freed those poor UCLA basketball players from the Chinese commies!
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No, I said that is the top of the list. I'll share a few more:

2) doubled the economic growth rate
                    3) low unemployment at 4.1% (it hasn't been this low since the last republican president)
                    4) all time stock market highs
                    5) heavily reduced ILLEGAL immigration
                    6) federal govt size is shrinking (couple of months ago I read that the federal workforce was already 20,000+ smaller)
                    7) ISIS is being driven and crushed, finally
                    8) on track to pass the greatest tax cuts since Reagan
                    9) rolling back EPA gone wild
                    10) school choice advocate leading the Dept of Education
                    11) support of religious liberty (expanded religious and moral exemptions for mandated contraceptive coverage under Obamacare)
                    12) reducing regulations
                    13) pro-life support
                    14) 2d amendment support
                    and more...

BTW, are you for open borders? If no, then we both basically agree there is a limit to legal immigration and then we can quibble about the right level. But having limits does not make one a xenophobe.

Comment

No, I said that is the top of the list. I'll share a few more:

2) doubled the economic growth rate
                      3) low unemployment at 4.1% (it hasn't been this low since the last republican president)
                      4) all time stock market highs
                      5) heavily reduced ILLEGAL immigration
                      6) federal govt size is shrinking (couple of months ago I read that the federal workforce was already 20,000+ smaller)
                      7) ISIS is being driven and crushed, finally
                      8) on track to pass the greatest tax cuts since Reagan
                      9) rolling back EPA gone wild
                      10) school choice advocate leading the Dept of Education
                      11) support of religious liberty (expanded religious and moral exemptions for mandated contraceptive coverage under Obamacare)
                      12) reducing regulations
                      13) pro-life support
                      14) 2d amendment support
                      and more...

BTW, are you for open borders? If no, then we both basically agree there is a limit to legal immigration and then we can quibble about the right level. But having limits does not make one a xenophobe.
                      He hasn't done anything to get 2, l3, 4. And no I don't think reporting a bunch of people that don't deserve to be deported is an accomplishment. And besides, it's fake news, Obama was deporting at record levels.

7 has nothing to do with trump. Obama was doing the exact same thing. 8...this bill hurts basically every income group except trumps. 10...bevos is only there because she is rich and donated a bunch of money. Not qualified.

11...Well except wanting to ban Muslims.

13 and 14 are just positions , not accomplishments.

The only things in the list that Trump actually did something are may be 9 and 12.

Comment

• That’s a funny list.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Comrade Trump

Trump defeated the great Satan, Hillary Clinton, in the presidential election. He should be awarded the Nobel Piece Prize for that alone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-21-2017, 11:48 AM.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            That’s a funny list.
                            ‘Ha-ha’ funny, or ‘Crockett is pretending to be a reluctant Trump supporter’ funny?
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              That’s a funny list.
                              Without the pathological hatred of the left of all things Trump, a number of which are worth hating, I doubt the country decides powerful men taking sexual advantage of women is wrong. Now, I think some of this is stroking the flames of victimhood the left loves so much and to be honest I struggle to see how Senator Franken is anything more than the crude dickhead everyone should have known him to be when they elected him, but culturally I believe this is moving the needle in a good direction. There is no way the left could have come to grips that Clinton was wrong and admitted their own partisanship causes them to ignore their cherished values without Donald Trump both beating Hillary and being such a great representative of that egregious tendency in our culture.

So ya, the Justice Gorsuch and moving the needle on powerful men's bad behavior toward women.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                Without the pathological hatred of the left of all things Trump, a number of which are worth hating, I doubt the country decides powerful men taking sexual advantage of women is wrong. Now, I think some of this is stroking the flames of victimhood the left loves so much and to be honest I struggle to see how Senator Franken is anything more than the crude dickhead everyone should have known him to be when they elected him, but culturally I believe this is moving the needle in a good direction. There is no way the left could have come to grips that Clinton was wrong and admitted their own partisanship causes them to ignore their cherished values without Donald Trump both beating Hillary and being such a great representative of that egregious tendency in our culture.

So ya, the Justice Gorsuch and moving the needle on powerful men's bad behavior toward women.
                                A consequence, not an accomplishment.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X