Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 313

Thread: Comrade Trump

  1. #211

    Default

    Russian Lawyer Says Trump Jr. Offered Her a Deal: Hillary Dirt for a Change to U.S. Law

    The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. during last year’s election campaign says he offered her a clear quid pro quo at the meeting: dirt on Hillary Clinton in exchange for changes to a U.S. law.

    In an interview with Bloomberg, Natalia Veselnitskaya gave details for the first time of what passed between her and Trump Jr. in a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan on June 9th last year. The meeting was also attended by Paul Manafort (at the time, Donald Trump senior’s campaign manager) and Jared Kushner, the future president’s son-in-law and senior advisor.

    Veselnitskaya had engineered the meeting by offering proof that Democratic donors had evaded U.S. taxes. In return, by her own account, she was trying to lobby for changes to the so-called 2012 Magnitsky Law that imposed travel bans and sanctions on Russian officials accused of conspiring in the murder of an accountant, Sergey Magnitsky, who had accused officials of corruption.

    http://fortune.com/2017/11/06/trump-...-deal-clinton/
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  2. #212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Russian Lawyer Says Trump Jr. Offered Her a Deal: Hillary Dirt for a Change to U.S. Law

    The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. during last year’s election campaign says he offered her a clear quid pro quo at the meeting: dirt on Hillary Clinton in exchange for changes to a U.S. law.

    In an interview with Bloomberg, Natalia Veselnitskaya gave details for the first time of what passed between her and Trump Jr. in a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan on June 9th last year. The meeting was also attended by Paul Manafort (at the time, Donald Trump senior’s campaign manager) and Jared Kushner, the future president’s son-in-law and senior advisor.

    Veselnitskaya had engineered the meeting by offering proof that Democratic donors had evaded U.S. taxes. In return, by her own account, she was trying to lobby for changes to the so-called 2012 Magnitsky Law that imposed travel bans and sanctions on Russian officials accused of conspiring in the murder of an accountant, Sergey Magnitsky, who had accused officials of corruption.

    http://fortune.com/2017/11/06/trump-...-deal-clinton/
    so, slobbering apologists, is this collusion if true?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  3. #213

    Default

    New report suggests Trump may have lied about ties to mob-linked Russian businessman
    A new report describes Trump meeting with Felix Sater shortly after the 2016 presidential election


    Trump has become notorious for downplaying his association with Sater. During a court deposition in 2013, Trump said, "I mean, I’ve seen him a couple of times; I have met him." He was also reported as saying, "If he were sitting in the room right now, I really wouldn’t know what he looked like." This continued to be Trump's position in 2015, when he responded to a question about Sater by saying, "Boy, I have to even think about it."
    Despite these denials, neither Donald Trump Jr. nor Ivanka Trump deny that they were personally escorted around Moscow by Sater. Sater has also claimed to have helped Trump with some of his business deals, even bragging in 2015, "Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin's team to buy in on this, I will manage this process."
    https://www.salon.com/2017/11/07/new...n-businessman/
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  4. #214
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    5,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Russian Lawyer Says Trump Jr. Offered Her a Deal: Hillary Dirt for a Change to U.S. Law

    The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. during last year’s election campaign says he offered her a clear quid pro quo at the meeting: dirt on Hillary Clinton in exchange for changes to a U.S. law.

    In an interview with Bloomberg, Natalia Veselnitskaya gave details for the first time of what passed between her and Trump Jr. in a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan on June 9th last year. The meeting was also attended by Paul Manafort (at the time, Donald Trump senior’s campaign manager) and Jared Kushner, the future president’s son-in-law and senior advisor.

    Veselnitskaya had engineered the meeting by offering proof that Democratic donors had evaded U.S. taxes. In return, by her own account, she was trying to lobby for changes to the so-called 2012 Magnitsky Law that imposed travel bans and sanctions on Russian officials accused of conspiring in the murder of an accountant, Sergey Magnitsky, who had accused officials of corruption.

    http://fortune.com/2017/11/06/trump-...-deal-clinton/
    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    so, slobbering apologists, is this collusion if true?
    Sure. But the Trump people are now saying that the Dems are the ones who set it up, attempting to ensnare Trump and his minions.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/23287/...dra#exit-modal

    The firm that Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) hired to conduct “research” on then-candidate Donald Trump met with a Russian operative before and after she lured Donald Trump Jr. into a meeting with her.
    Hang them all!

  5. #215

    Default

    ALIENS warned about Donald Trump: ET Abductees' told of 'threat to Earth,' claims expert

    http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...estival-aliens

  6. #216
    Senior Member Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    so, slobbering apologists, is this collusion if true?
    First of all, I'm not a Trump apologist. I see myself as trying to sometimes check those who suffer under Trump Derangement Syndrome.

    This story doesn't convince me of anything. Are you just going to take Natalia's word for it? "Russian lawyer" makes me skeptical. But not you? You want so bad to take Trump down that you will lap up anything and everything. The truth matters to me. If real evidence of collusion from reliable sources shows up, then I am all ears.

    Also, Mueller's indictments so far have NOTHING to do with the campaign and are about activities that happened long before. If there was evidence of collusion, I think we would have seen more from Mueller's office by now.

    And one more thing. The Clinton foundation receives $145 million from Russian interests connected to the Uranium deal. Our informant was threatened to shut up and we are told to look away there is nothing there. BS! You don't receive that kind of money with out someone wanting an ROI. That is where an investigation into collusion and corruption should be digging.

  7. #217
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    17,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Russian Lawyer Says Trump Jr. Offered Her a Deal: Hillary Dirt for a Change to U.S. Law

    The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. during last year’s election campaign says he offered her a clear quid pro quo at the meeting: dirt on Hillary Clinton in exchange for changes to a U.S. law.

    In an interview with Bloomberg, Natalia Veselnitskaya gave details for the first time of what passed between her and Trump Jr. in a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan on June 9th last year. The meeting was also attended by Paul Manafort (at the time, Donald Trump senior’s campaign manager) and Jared Kushner, the future president’s son-in-law and senior advisor.

    Veselnitskaya had engineered the meeting by offering proof that Democratic donors had evaded U.S. taxes. In return, by her own account, she was trying to lobby for changes to the so-called 2012 Magnitsky Law that imposed travel bans and sanctions on Russian officials accused of conspiring in the murder of an accountant, Sergey Magnitsky, who had accused officials of corruption.

    http://fortune.com/2017/11/06/trump-...-deal-clinton/

    Wait... is this the same Natalia Veselnitskaya that the crack Obama Justice Department gave special permission to enter the US without a visa months before her meeting with Donald Trump Jr? And the same Natalia Veselnitskaya that the Fusion GPS Founder (working for the DNC/Clinton Campaign) met with on the day she went to Trump Tower?

    I want to hear more!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    ALIENS warned about Donald Trump: ET Abductees' told of 'threat to Earth,' claims expert

    http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...estival-aliens
    Oh hey, looks it's Shaka with nothing more than an unfunny smartass remark that indicates poor reading comprehension. Stay true to your Trump-supporting heart.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  9. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Oh hey, looks it's Shaka with nothing more than an unfunny smartass remark that indicates poor reading comprehension. Stay true to your Trump-supporting heart.
    Hey Frank I thought I'd follow your lead and post an article about Trump with a lot of conjecture and unsubstantiated allegations. I was just trying to help you bro!

  10. #220

    Default

    Trump’s Commerce Secretary Owns Stake in Russian Companies While He Oversees Potential Sanctions

    https://www.democracynow.org/2017/11...9d02-191525877
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  11. #221

    Default

    Congressman Dana Moscow Rohrabacher is now part of Mueller's investigation.


    Mueller investigation involves member of Congress for the first time: report


    Special counsel Robert Mueller's team is investigating a meeting between President Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn and Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), who has expressed pro-Russia views on a number of policies, according to NBC News.

    Mueller's team is reportedly looking at emails sent from Flynn's lobbying group to Rohrabacher thanking the congressman for his role in the meeting.
    NBC reports the meeting between Flynn and the congressman took place in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 20, 2016, while Flynn was working as an adviser to the Trump campaign.
    The meeting was reportedly organized by Flynn's lobbying group the Flynn Intel Group, and was also attended by Flynn's son Michael G. Flynn, as well as his business partners Bijan Kian and Brian McCauley.

    Rohrabacher has shown sympathetic views toward Moscow in the past. It was revealed in October that the congressman even met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya two months after she met with Donald Trump Jr. in June 2016.

    The congressman discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia in response to human rights abuses with Veselnitskaya.

    Veselnitskaya lobbied against the punitive measure, known as the Magnitsky Act.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-for-the-first
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  12. #222
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    17,338

    Default

    Something is going on here....

    Trump and Putin shake hands at APEC summit dinner

    U.S. President Donald Trump and Russia's Vladimir Putin shook hands at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit dinner in Vietnam on Friday, even though the White House said there would be no formal meeting.


    Trump and Putin smiled and stood next to each other for the traditional group photograph. Then they parted to sit at different parts of the table.
    [...]
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Then Trump says Putin told him the Russians didn't meddle in our election and Trump says he believes him. Well, that settles it.

  14. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Then Trump says Putin told him the Russians didn't meddle in our election and Trump says he believes him. Well, that settles it.
    It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
    Okay, maybe it's just more dumb than funny.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  15. #225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    First of all, I'm not a Trump apologist. I
    I don't believe you would stand for this garbage and incompetency from a democrat.
    Last edited by BlueK; 11-11-2017 at 09:12 AM.

  16. #226
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,289

    Default

    I'm satisfied with Trump's determination (although I'd like Hannity to weigh in, just to be certain). Why shouldn't Trump believe a Russian strongman's word over that of his own intelligence services? Had Putin and the Russians interfered, I'm sure that, if asked, Vlad would have bowed his head guiltily and fessed up.

  17. #227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
    Okay, maybe it's just more dumb than funny.
    Is there a Trump crowd here? I think everyone dislikes him, the only disagreement is how bad he is, or maybe more accurately, how much harm he will do.

    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

  18. #228
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
    Okay, maybe it's just more dumb than funny.
    A couple of questions:

    1. Who is in this "Trump crowd" you refer to?
    2. Who, exactly, to you think is being "completely oblivious" and about what? If you can point to a post where anyone in this thread has been "completely oblivious" (make sure to include your own posts in your review!) that would be nice.
    3. What, precisely, is the deference you are referring to? Are you talking about shaking Putin's hand at the summit? Is this a specific policy? How to you comparatively evaluate relative deference, anyway? How does Trump's "deference" towards Russia compare to prior administrations such as Obama or either Bush or Clinton?

    OTOH if all you wanted to do was let us know that you feel smug about something, no worries, as thats pretty much what we all do around here.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  19. #229
    Senior Member Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
    Okay, maybe it's just more dumb than funny.
    How deferential is suspiciously deferential to Putin/Russia? This much?



    Or this much?

    Last edited by Crockett; 11-11-2017 at 01:30 PM.

  20. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    A couple of questions:

    1. Who is in this "Trump crowd" you refer to?
    2. Who, exactly, to you think is being "completely oblivious" and about what? If you can point to a post where anyone in this thread has been "completely oblivious" (make sure to include your own posts in your review!) that would be nice.
    3. What, precisely, is the deference you are referring to? Are you talking about shaking Putin's hand at the summit? Is this a specific policy? How to you comparatively evaluate relative deference, anyway? How does Trump's "deference" towards Russia compare to prior administrations such as Obama or either Bush or Clinton?

    OTOH if all you wanted to do was let us know that you feel smug about something, no worries, as thats pretty much what we all do around here.
    Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. You're always normalizing everything Trump does. It's a pity I'm not able to ignore you because you are a mod because I'm really tired of your antics.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  21. #231
    Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    43,965

    Default

    You guys are funny. Of course there is a trump crowd here. Some are out and some are still pretending to be in the closet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Socialism is not bad IMHO" - byu71
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

  22. #232
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. You're always normalizing everything Trump does. It's a pity I'm not able to ignore you because you are a mod because I'm really tired of your antics.
    See The difference? difference in what? I see a lot of differences in foreign policies between adminstrations as to Russia and other nations. IN and of itself that isn't improper. The question here is what is the deference that you think so obviously reeks of impropriety? And what, exactly, am I normalizing? You're the one that said some unspecified group (apparently including me) failed to see the "deference" with which Trump treats Putin and Russia that he does not show to anyone else. What are you talking about? What deference, exactly? It's not too much to ask you to describe what you are talking about, unless all you want to do is let us know you feel smugly superior about seeing it when some other group of us (which does at least include me) fails to see it.

    And you are tired of my antics? Like calling you Captain Condescending? Oh, wait, that's what you did to me. Like claiming you are part of a group too stupid to understand something that you won't describe? Oh, thats right, that was you again. Like pushing back when you state pejorative conclusions based on implied but unstated premises? Yes, that is me. You are always free to ignore me. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you reply.

    So how about it? What is this 'deference' that you are talking about? I may be very stupid (and I know this because others say so) but I am curious what you are talking about.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  23. #233
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    You guys are funny. Of course there is a trump crowd here. Some are out and some are still pretending to be in the closet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Becasue I think Frank;'s conclusion is not nearly so obvious as he does it puts me in the "Trump Crowd?" So maybe you will tell me. WHat is the 'defernce'? What does that even mean?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  24. #234
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    17,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm satisfied with Trump's determination (although I'd like Hannity to weigh in, just to be certain). Why shouldn't Trump believe a Russian strongman's word over that of his own intelligence services? Had Putin and the Russians interfered, I'm sure that, if asked, Vlad would have bowed his head guiltily and fessed up.
    Maybe it is because the Russian strongman...

    - told us in front of the United Nations that Saddam Hussein had “weapons of mass destruction"?

    - told us they would not and did not tap into Americans’ personal telephone calls and internet accounts?

    - knew about the Al Qaeda plot (with 95% to 98% certainty) to hijack passenger jets and use them as guided missiles before 911 but did nothing about it?

    - testified falsely in 257 of 268 cases that resulted in convictions in the 1980's and 90's (12 resulted in executions) and seem to always be doing illegal wiretaps?

    Given this and everything else we know I am sure with every fiber of my being that it was the Russians hackers that made Hillary not campaign in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. and lose all those states to Drumpf!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  25. #235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. .
    This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

  26. #236
    Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    43,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
    Out of the closet!

    "Socialism is not bad IMHO" - byu71
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

  27. #237
    Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    43,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Becasue I think Frank;'s conclusion is not nearly so obvious as he does it puts me in the "Trump Crowd?" So maybe you will tell me. WHat is the 'defernce'? What does that even mean?
    I donít know what is going on with you but you are even more tightly wound than usual lately.
    "Socialism is not bad IMHO" - byu71
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

  28. #238
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I donít know what is going on with you but you are even more tightly wound than usual lately.
    So I gather you canít tell me either?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  29. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I don’t know what is going on with you but you are even more tightly wound than usual lately.
    I'm a lukewarm supporter but I voted for the guy.

  30. #240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
    Quick contact Mueller and tell him to pack it in and move on! Putin already told Trump he didn't do anything, what was I thinking?!

    You realize all your post about this topic are insults directed at me, and remarks about Trump living rent free in people's heads, and attempts at gas-lighting? If you can stop channeling your inner-high-school-bully for a minute you might realize you're a non-contributer.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •