Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,291 to 1,316 of 1316

Thread: Comrade Trump

  1. #1291
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,996

    Default

    Get out your tin foil hats, guys. DHS- on its official website-- blowing out white supremacist dog whistles so hard they are passing out.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/...ica-safe-again

    Wow the title of that article sounds vaguely familiar... https://www.adl.org/education/refere...mbols/14-words

    Check out that second to last little paragraph. My, that's an odd number to start from in describing asylum applicants, wouldn't you say?

    OH wait...

    https://www.adl.org/education/refere...ate-symbols/88
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  2. #1292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Get out your tin foil hats, guys. DHS- on its official website-- blowing out white supremacist dog whistles so hard they are passing out.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/...ica-safe-again

    Wow the title of that article sounds vaguely familiar... https://www.adl.org/education/refere...mbols/14-words

    Check out that second to last little paragraph. My, that's an odd number to start from in describing asylum applicants, wouldn't you say?

    OH wait...

    https://www.adl.org/education/refere...ate-symbols/88
    He's had a hard week...gotta secure the base

    Pretty safe bet that it's Stephen Miller who wrote this. He knows how to talk to the white supremacist/neo-nazi crowd.
    Last edited by BlueK; Today at 09:48 AM.

  3. #1293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Get out your tin foil hats, guys. DHS- on its official website-- blowing out white supremacist dog whistles so hard they are passing out.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/...ica-safe-again

    Wow the title of that article sounds vaguely familiar... https://www.adl.org/education/refere...mbols/14-words

    Check out that second to last little paragraph. My, that's an odd number to start from in describing asylum applicants, wouldn't you say?

    OH wait...

    https://www.adl.org/education/refere...ate-symbols/88

    Trump is not racist because he never signed a notorized document admitted he was one.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  4. #1294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Trump is not racist because he never signed a notorized document admitted he was one.
    Doesn't have to be a true racist. Just playing one on TV gets him what he wants quite well.

  5. #1295
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Get out your tin foil hats, guys. DHS- on its official website-- blowing out white supremacist dog whistles so hard they are passing out.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/...ica-safe-again

    Wow the title of that article sounds vaguely familiar... https://www.adl.org/education/refere...mbols/14-words

    Check out that second to last little paragraph. My, that's an odd number to start from in describing asylum applicants, wouldn't you say?

    OH wait...

    https://www.adl.org/education/refere...ate-symbols/88
    Yeah, that's pretty crazy tinfoil hat stuff. Let's say it's true. What's the point of putting all that symbology in that article?

    The POTUS is pretty open about his racist nature. No need to hide it in something like this.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  6. #1296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    What the point of putting all that symbology in that article?
    Stephen Miller knows these are the symbols of the white supremacist/neo-nazi movements. and is trolling anyone who will notice it. He realizes most people won't, but he can give a good laugh/shout out to his buddies on the extreme fringe. If you've read some interviews with Miller like the one below, this is basically his admitted schtick. He wants to create uproar. If Commando noticed, people like the ADL or Southern Poverty Law Center are going to notice also, and that is who he is trolling.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...dviser/561317/
    Last edited by BlueK; Today at 10:14 AM.

  7. #1297
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    14,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Stephen Miller knows these are the symbols of the white supremacist/neo-nazi movements. and is trolling anyone who will notice it. He realizes most people won't, but he can give a good laugh/shout out to his buddies on the extreme fringe. If you've read some interviews with Miller like the one below, this is basically his admitted schtick. He wants to create uproar. If Commando noticed, people like the ADL or Southern Poverty Law Center are going to notice also, and that is who he is trolling.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...dviser/561317/
    So some knuckle draggers get some giggles out of this.

    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  8. #1298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    So some knuckle draggers get some giggles out of this.

    and reminder that Trump is still with them. No different than Trump's Charlottesville comments. Trump's only political strategy is to hold together his base, whatever it takes and no matter how fringe some of them are.

  9. #1299
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Tariffs are bad for business. So is terrible, racism-based immigration policy. Unfortunately politicians can still do a lot to screw up the economy through terrible ideas.
    So SU is wrong?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  10. #1300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    So SU is wrong?
    No, what I just said agrees with what his said 100%

  11. #1301
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    No, what I just said agrees with what his said 100%
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  12. #1302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    He gets worked up over socialists because politicians are still capable of screwing things up. But I do think he's right about economic freedom.

  13. #1303
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    18,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Tariffs are bad for business. So is terrible, racism-based immigration policy. Unfortunately politicians can still do a lot to screw up the economy through terrible ideas.
    Those Nazis! Immigration is not so easy in even (formerly "open border") Germany either:

    Germany Just Agreed To Essentially Close Its Borders. How Did We Get Here?
    Rigid work restrictions forced hundreds of thousands of people to sit in camps, in limbo, living on taxpayer money. Nothing good can come from that.
    [...]
    But by 2018, the public mood had soured significantly. A new YouGov poll finds 72 percent of Germans saying their country's immigration policy is negligent, with only 12 percent saying it's about right. Last week, the reversal in public sentiment became official when the German chancellor ended a standoff with hardline immigration restrictionists in the government by dealing a mortal blow to the concept of open borders. She agreed to speed up deportations, to turn back refugees already registered in another European Union nation, and to let anti-immigration leader Horst Seehofer remain as head of the ministry charged with implementing these policies. She even acceded to opening "transit centers" along the border in Bavaria where refugees could be detained, though this provision was later dropped.

    The deal is a dramatic repudiation of everything Merkel asked Germans to believe in just three years ago, which leaves many wondering: What on Earth went wrong?
    [...]
    Merkel could have enacted new immigration laws focused on easing barriers to employment. Admittedly, this would have required major policy changes for a risk-averse country, such as opening low-wage jobs to newcomers—but it would have helped avoid the idleness (and resulting boredom and frustration) that can push people to commit crimes, which in turn increases resentment among the native-born population. Instead, she threw the problem at a bureaucracy unaccustomed to dealing with high levels of immigration and hoped it would figure something out. The consequence has been plummeting support for refugees and a German people more bitterly divided than at any time since World War II.
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/15/g...entially-close
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  14. #1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Those Nazis! Immigration is not so easy in even (formerly "open border") Germany either:


    https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/15/g...entially-close
    The most important line in the article:

    Merkel could have enacted new immigration laws focused on easing barriers to employment.

    so basically they threw open the doors but didn't allow for people to take jobs? No wonder. It wasn't allowing people in that was the problem. It was allowing them in and not allowing them to do the basic things needed to be successful, like have a job. Not smart.

    Sorry, I just don't get the logic behind being protective of lower level, lower paying jobs so the natives can take them even though they'd love to either not have to take them or want those jobs for as short of time as possible before moving on to something better.
    Last edited by BlueK; Today at 11:49 AM.

  15. #1305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Doesn't have to be a true racist. Just playing one on TV gets him what he wants quite well.
    Of course I don’t think you can play one without being one.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  16. #1306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Of course I don’t think you can play one without being one.
    Yeah, maybe not. The point is, it's probably the same thing in practice.

  17. #1307
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Yeah, maybe not. The point is, it's probably the same thing in practice.
    The concept of an "Open Border" is illusory and false. Imagine if Bangladesh had an open border with India, or Bhutan with China and both India and China decided to dump all their poor into those countries. Resources would be overwhelmed almost instantly. The Shengen Agreement allows for free movement within EU countries, but that's not the same as a pure open border. The US has open borders between states.

    Again, Democratic policy advocates for open borders ignore resource management. The US admitted 1.49 Million immigrants in 2016. I don't know if the is a measure of legal and unlawful or not. Surprisingly, the country supplying the largest number is India.

    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...states#Numbers
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  18. #1308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    The concept of an "Open Border" is illusory and false. Imagine if Bangladesh had an open border with India, or Bhutan with China and both India and China decided to dump all their poor into those countries. Resources would be overwhelmed almost instantly. The Shengen Agreement allows for free movement within EU countries, but that's not the same as a pure open border. The US has open borders between states.

    Again, Democratic policy advocates for open borders ignore resource management. The US admitted 1.49 Million immigrants in 2016. I don't know if the is a measure of legal and unlawful or not. Surprisingly, the country supplying the largest number is India.

    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...states#Numbers
    my "same thing in practice" refers to being a true racist or just playing one on TV.

    I think immigration restrictionists like to throw out the "open border" epithet a lot to muddy the issue and prevent meaningful discussion. The truth is most people who like a market based immigration system are not in favor of no controls at all. The reason it appears we have open borders is because we actually already have strict immigration laws that end up promoting a black market on immigration because there are jobs that can be filled. We would also love to keep all harmful drugs out of the country and have passed very restrictive laws. They don't work well because there is a market for it that is filled by the black market. The same goes for companies that need labor but have a hard time filling those jobs. So there are people seeking to come here who want to work. At least if they are legal they can be taxed like everyone else.

    Soviet style government central planning was also about resource management. The problem is, when the government does it instead of the market, it doesn't work.

    I'm still a libertarian. We used to be able to find a home within the Republican party, but the Trump party is about as anti-libertarian as it gets and I don't feel welcome there. I'm not a democrat or a --gasp-- liberal, either. But right now of the two, the dems seem more welcoming of people like me. I'll probably still vote mostly for the libertarian party in elections, but Trump is really pushing me hard into wanting to vote democrat this time.
    Last edited by BlueK; Today at 12:48 PM.

  19. #1309
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    my "same thing in practice" refers to being a true racist or just playing one on TV.

    I think immigration restrictionists like to throw out the "open border" epithet a lot to muddy the issue and prevent meaningful discussion. The truth is most people who like a market based immigration system are not in favor of no controls at all. The reason it appears we have open borders is because we actually already have strict immigration laws that end up promoting a black market on immigration because there are jobs that can be filled. We would also love to keep all harmful drugs out of the country and have passed very restrictive laws. They don't work well because there is a market for it that is filled by the black market. The same goes for companies that need labor but have a hard time filling those jobs. So there are people seeking to come here who want to work. At least if they are legal they can be taxed like everyone else.

    Soviet style government central planning was also about resource management. The problem is, when the government does it instead of the market, it doesn't work.

    I'm still a libertarian.
    As to these concepts we agree. Sanders, Ocasio-Cortez and Frank Ryan disagree They believe we have unlimited resources and prefer inefficient government management.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  20. #1310

    Default

    In order of least hot to most hot here is where I rank known female Russian spies.

    1- Marina Butina


    2- Anna Chapman

  21. #1311

    Default

    Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.

  22. #1312
    Senior Member Goatnapper'96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    God's Country!
    Posts
    9,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.
    Methinks that presentation makes for an unfair fight.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

  23. #1313
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.
    Agreed. 2 is hotter than 1.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  24. #1314
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,700

    Default

    My 1 and 2:





    You realize this would get us all banned on CB.

  25. #1315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Does anyone disagree with my assessment? If so let’s argue.
    I deem the evidence inconclusive. But then, I'm an ass man.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  26. #1316
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I deem the evidence inconclusive. But then, I'm an ass man.
    Don't be an ass, man.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •