Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Maybe it is because the Russian strongman...

- told us in front of the United Nations that Saddam Hussein had “weapons of mass destruction"?

- told us they would not and did not tap into Americans’ personal telephone calls and internet accounts?

- knew about the Al Qaeda plot (with 95% to 98% certainty) to hijack passenger jets and use them as guided missiles before 911 but did nothing about it?

- testified falsely in 257 of 268 cases that resulted in convictions in the 1980's and 90's (12 resulted in executions) and seem to always be doing illegal wiretaps?

Given this and everything else we know I am sure with every fiber of my being that it was the Russians hackers that made Hillary not campaign in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. and lose all those states to Drumpf!
    UT, I know you’re a smart guy, but I’m always unclear on the purpose of responses like these which seem like the product of a political neophyte’s newfound cynicism. I am aware (as is presumably everyone else here) that U.S. intelligence agencies make mistakes and have engaged in wrongdoing from time to time. But are you arguing that we should dismiss their findings (which in this instance are unanimous) in favor of Putin’s assurance that the Russians have done nothing wrong?

You evangelize for the Libertarianism, but these posts hurt your cause by mirroring the shallow equivocation that caused your party’s standard bearer to wonder, 70 years after the fact, whether U.S. intervention in World War II was morally appropriate. No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Quick contact Mueller and tell him to pack it in and move on! Putin already told Trump he didn't do anything, what was I thinking?!

You realize all your post about this topic are insults directed at me, and remarks about Trump living rent free in people's heads, and attempts at gas-lighting? If you can stop channeling your inner-high-school-bully for a minute you might realize you're a non-contributer.
        Ahhhh, I get it now. You got bullied in childhood therefore in adulthood anyone who disagrees or thinks you're full of crap is clearly the modern incarnation of your tormentors. Newsflash Frank, I kicked the crap out of a full bullies but I never was one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          The shaming culture certainly didn't start with Trump. However, it may be perfected during the Trump presidency. What's interesting is in this case you have shaming coming from both sides of the aisle. I really don't have a problem with conservatives who couldn't stomach Trump enough to vote for him. There are certainly arguments in their favor. However, I do have a problem with people who want to shame me for my vote when there are equally valid reasons for said vote. I can articulate those reasons for a reasonable person and they will understand without freaking out. The problem is there are a lot of unreasonable people running around who who shame you simply because you're views do not align with theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            UT, I know you’re a smart guy, but I’m always unclear on the purpose of responses like these which seem like the product of a political neophyte’s newfound cynicism. I am aware (as is presumably everyone else here) that U.S. intelligence agencies make mistakes and have engaged in wrongdoing from time to time. But are you arguing that we should dismiss their findings (which in this instance are unanimous) in favor of Putin’s assurance that the Russians have done nothing wrong?

You evangelize for the Libertarianism, but these posts hurt your cause by mirroring the shallow equivocation that caused your party’s standard bearer to wonder, 70 years after the fact, whether U.S. intervention in World War II was morally appropriate. No thanks.
            I think he mostly does it to point out hypocrisy and because he thinks of himself as a comedian. I will not lie, I find a lot of his gadfly schtick lovable and funny.

Comment

Ahhhh, I get it now. You got bullied in childhood therefore in adulthood anyone who disagrees or thinks you're full of crap is clearly the modern incarnation of your tormentors. Newsflash Frank, I kicked the crap out of a full bullies but I never was one.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Easy there Freud it wasn't anything deeper than you strike me as someone who fits that mold, and that post certainly doesn't discourage that perspective. You continually act as though I'm dumb or paranoid and offer nothing in the way of an informed perspective yourself, just insulting comments and unconvincing statements about not being a Trump apologist.

All one has to do is look at my sig line to learn all they need to know about your political perspective. Someone who loved Trump's speech has suspect political judgment.

Comment

All one has to do is look at my sig line to learn all they need to know about your political perspective. Someone who loved Trump's speech has suspect political judgment.
                  No shaming there. I rest my case you're honor.

Comment

• Comrade Trump

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-11-2017, 07:06 PM.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Voting for Trump, and being a current apologist for him, is a shameful thing to do. History won't be kind.

It's not too late to repent and follow the more moderate GOP voices, and moderate CS voices. It's not too late to divorce yourself from the White Supremacists, edgy millennials, honey boo boo types, Christian extremists, 9/11 truthers, poorly-socialized home school veterans, and moronic science deniers that make up Trump's base. You don't have to "honor the nomination" forever.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

What? Loving a speech because you think it attacks both sides of the aisle (which is what the quotation in your signature says) is proof that you have "suspect political judgment?" What on earth are you talking about? Trump won the election. He should never have been nominated, to be sure, but he was and he won. He is now the president. And, even though he is very hard to listen to, the fact is that not everything he does is bad. Some of what he does is good. A lot seems haphazard and poorly considered. And some of it seems truly wrong. But he is the president and apart from his truly embarrassing personal style, most of us would agree that most presidents were both good, bad and so-so on many issues. Simply complaining about Trump and russia over and over, without more, is at most counterproductive and at least a bit puerile.

Trump's connections to Russia are problematic. But I am not certain it has manifested in specific wrong doing since he has been in office. Mueller may, perhaps, demonstrate that. I do know he has not set forth a policy with certain Russian surrogates that seems too deferential. OTOH, the administration's policy in other areas seems too easy with Russia to my liking. But I could have said the same for other countries under other administrations. So I ask, what deference are you talking about?

I am more than happy to criticize Trump's behavior and policies, as they merit it. But simply saying "Trump!" is not enough.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

there’s a difference between shaming someone and calling someone a fucking idiot. btw, it’s funny (even ironic, perhaps) that you’re afraid of being shamed when that’s literally the same term used by people you have called snowflakes otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            What? Loving a speech because you think it attacks both sides of the aisle (which is what the quotation in your signature says) is proof that you have "suspect political judgment?" What on earth are you talking about? Trump won the election. He should never have been nominated, to be sure, but he was and he won. He is now the president. And, even though he is very hard to listen to, the fact is that not everything he does is bad. Some of what he does is good. A lot seems haphazard and poorly considered. And some of it seems truly wrong. But he is the president and apart from his truly embarrassing personal style, most of us would agree that most presidents were both good, bad and so-so on many issues. Simply complaining about Trump and russia over and over, without more, is at most counterproductive and at least a bit puerile.

Trump's connections to Russia are problematic. But I am not certain it has manifested in specific wrong doing since he has been in office. Mueller may, perhaps, demonstrate that. I do know he has not set forth a policy with certain Russian surrogates that seems too deferential. OTOH, the administration's policy in other areas seems too easy with Russia to my liking. But I could have said the same for other countries under other administrations. So I ask, what deference are you talking about?

I am more than happy to criticize Trump's behavior and policies, as they merit it. But simply saying "Trump!" is not enough.
                            Amen.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              What? Loving a speech because you think it attacks both sides of the aisle (which is what the quotation in your signature says) is proof that you have "suspect political judgment?" What on earth are you talking about?
                              yes, you dope. what does not follow about that?

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Simply complaining about Trump and russia over and over, without more, is at most counterproductive and at least a bit puerile.
                              what is this sedition act nonsense? somebody should tell mueller that all this investigation is counterproductive and to knock it off

Trump's connections to Russia are problematic. But I am not certain it has manifested in specific wrong doing since he has been in office.
                              his being in office is a specific wrong if the allegations are true. what do you not comprehend about this, counselor? if we live in a world where the electorate is fine with candidates cooperating with hostile foreign powers to hack opponents and use coordinated efforts to prevent the opponents' election efforts, maybe this isn't worth discussing at all.

Mueller may, perhaps, demonstrate that.
                              but discussing his steps in getting there are puerile and counterproductive, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                there’s a difference between shaming someone and calling someone a fucking idiot. btw, it’s funny (even ironic, perhaps) that you’re afraid of being shamed when that’s literally the same term used by people you have called snowflakes otherwise.
                                I don’t really care if I’m shamed by Frank. I did point it out emphasize a point I made previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X