Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Comrade Trump

The most plausible reason Trump acts so paranoid about anything Russia is because he has many shady ties there, mostly financial, that he just doesn't want to be revealed. The thing is, republicans who want to defend this with Trump would be going absolutely apeshit over a democrat president acting the the same way. Enough with the hypocrisy. Both sides suck. But the nature of the American political beast is that the ruling party acting like this needs to be voted out or they're just going to get worse.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    The most plausible reason Trump acts so paranoid about anything Russia is because blah blah blah blah blah
    What is the most plausible reason that you and frank act so paranoid?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Is there a reason why Trump feels the need to lie about every G*d*n thing he speaks on? Is it: A. He's a f*king moron; B. He is woefully unprepared, can't read, and his crazy, unchecked narcissism tells him to just B.S. it because he's the smartest guy in the world and nobody will catch on; C. force of habit; D. All of the Above.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post

Obviously the DHS is full of crap...

DHS Statement On NBC News Coverage Of Election Hacking

For Immediate Release
    Office of the Press Secretary

WASHINGTON - Today, Jeanette Manfra, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, released the following statement regarding the recent NBC news coverage on the Department of Homeland Security’s efforts to combat election hacking.

“Recent NBC reporting has misrepresented facts and confused the public with regard to Department of Homeland Security and state and local government efforts to combat election hacking. First off, let me be clear: we have no evidence – old or new - that any votes in the 2016 elections were manipulated by Russian hackers. NBC News continues to falsely report my recent comments on attempted election hacking – which clearly mirror my testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee last summer – as some kind of “breaking news,” incorrectly claiming a shift in the administration’s position on cyber threats. As I said eight months ago, a number of states were the target of Russian government cyber actors seeking vulnerabilities and access to U.S. election infrastructure. In the majority of cases, only preparatory activity like scanning was observed, while in a small number of cases, actors were able to access the system but we have no evidence votes were changed or otherwise impacted.
    [...]
    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/12/...ection-hacking

What an useless POS agency... Damn you Bush Jr!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Is there a reason why Trump feels the need to lie about every G*d*n thing he speaks on? Is it: A. He's a f*king moron; B. He is woefully unprepared, can't read, and his crazy, unchecked narcissism tells him to just B.S. it because he's the smartest guy in the world and nobody will catch on; C. force of habit; D. All of the Above.
    Sh*t... so he was lying about wanting to cut the federal funding for those dumbass stations I never listen to or watch? Dammit!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    What is the most plausible reason that you and frank act so paranoid?
    Man, do I get under your skin, and I'm not even trying to. I just don't like Trump. Sorry, but he sucks and I'll keep saying it. He can be a moron and a clown as a reality TV star and I don't care. As President the stakes are a little higher.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Man, do I get under your skin, and I'm not even trying to. I just don't like Trump. Sorry, but he sucks and I'll keep saying it. He's the president of the US. If he doesn't like the public scrutiny he should step down.
    I can't speak for Walt but I don't think you are under his skin. I think he, like me, finds much of the scrutiny that you and a good part of the media offer to be over wrought and not well-supported by evidence. Like you, I also can not stand Trump, but I think there are a lot of reasons to dislike him that do not require exaggerating evidence and over claiming impacts. My problem is not that you or anyone opposes Trump. Instead, it is with the overwrought and near-hysterical tone taken in the media and elsewhere whenever the smallest, slightest thing pops up that might be a problem for Trump. Just because Trump acts like a circus clown doesn't mean the media needs to do so.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Man, do I get under your skin, and I'm not even trying to. I just don't like Trump. Sorry, but he sucks and I'll keep saying it. He can be a moron and a clown as a reality TV star and I don't care. As President the stakes are a little higher.
    Ignore these guys, BlueK. #nevertrump #solidarity
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I can't speak for Walt but I don't think you are under his skin. I think he, like me, finds much of the scrutiny that you and a good part of the media offer to be over wrought and not well-supported by evidence. Like you, I also can not stand Trump, but I think there are a lot of reasons to dislike him that do not require exaggerating evidence and over claiming impacts. My problem is not that you or anyone opposes Trump. Instead, it is with the overwrought and near-hysterical tone taken in the media and elsewhere whenever the smallest, slightest thing pops up that might be a problem for Trump. Just because Trump acts like a circus clown doesn't mean the media needs to do so.
    maybe he'll only slightly get us into an accidental nuclear war with N. Korea. That would be a win. You can certainly call some things brought up in the media as "hysteria" but there is also a very healthy dose of idiocy among Republicans right now completely desensitized to his clown show beyond anything that makes sense.

maybe he'll only slightly get us into an accidental nuclear war with N. Korea. That would be a win. You can certainly call some things brought up in the media as "hysteria" but there is also a very healthy dose of idiocy among Republicans right now completely desensitized to his clown show beyond anything that makes sense.
    His approach to NK is a good example where hyperbole and breathless exaggeration are NOT needed to present a very, very grave situation.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

His approach to NK is a good example where hyperbole and breathless exaggeration are NOT needed to present a very, very grave situation.
    The hyperbole and exaggeration are in his own tweets. He is the reckless one creating the grave situation.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018 at 10:47 AM.

I think it's pretty pathetic how Fox News went from treating Trump like the reject he is to riding his nuts once he got the nomination. #fakenews
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I think it's pretty pathetic how Fox News went from treating Trump like the reject he is to riding his nuts once he got the nomination. #fakenews
    I think Fox is pretty pathetic. Deciding that their market means becoming a propaganda outlet and firing any and almost all commentators who dare to express a counter opinion to the official Trump voice, no matter how civilly, smartly and tactfully done (George Will), is beyond insane.

The hyperbole and exaggeration are in his own tweets. He is the reckless one creating the grave situation.
    I am not disputing this, or defending his approach on this topic (although I think the former president's policy wasn't great either). I am saying there is no need for the rest of us and the media to react in kind.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I am not disputing this, or defending his approach on this topic (although I think the former president's policy wasn't great either). I am saying there is no need for the rest of us and the media to react in kind.
    It's news. That can't be avoided. Trump is still the one responsible for setting the policy, and as a free society it should be discussed. It's too bad he can't seem to do it in a normal way rather than with "Fire and Fury" 13 year old style tweets.

It's news. That can't be avoided. Trump is still the one responsible for setting the policy, and as a free society it should be discussed. It's too bad he can't seem to do it in a normal way rather than with "Fire and Fury" 13 year old style tweets.
    I feel like we are talking past each other. I agree that it is news. I agree that it must be discussed and analyzed. But that can all take place in an adult fashion, giving proper weight to actual evidence and arguments, without adopting the 13 yo style we both apparently dislike. This is more obvious on topics dealing with the Russian investigation, but applies everywhere.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I feel like we are talking past each other. I agree that it is news. I agree that it must be discussed and analyzed. But that can all take place in an adult fashion, giving proper weight to actual evidence and arguments, without adopting the 13 yo style we both apparently dislike. This is more obvious on topics dealing with the Russian investigation, but applies everywhere.
    I feel like any discussion of Trump's inappropriateness is going to get disdain and name calling from the Fox News side of the debate who would seem to prefer everyone just ignore the crazy and just fall in line like good followers. I mean, they couldn't even tolerate George Will when he had a contrasting opinion, and he is like the poster boy of tempered, sane discussion. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.

I feel like any discussion of Trump's inappropriateness is going to get disdain and name calling from the Fox News side of the debate who would seem to prefer everyone just ignore the crazy and just fall in line like good followers. I mean, they couldn't even tolerate George Will when he had a contrasting opinion, and he is like the poster boy of tempered, sane discussion. Am I wrong?
    Stop watching Fox News.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Stop watching Fox News.
    I mostly don't. I read articles sometimes from their site. When they get particularly crazy, like their hosts equating the FBI with organized crime and saying members of Mueller's team should be arrested and sent to jail for basically just doing their jobs, it's kind of hard to avoid when other outlets show those clips and comment. To say it's mostly just the fault of the anti-Trumps who are overreacting to Trump's clown show, just doesn't square with my view of reality. Trump is the President, so his behavior is news and it does matter, especially when it comes to national security. I sense that to Trump's cult following, which includes Fox and the far-right Breitbart types, ANY disagreement with anything Trump says or does is equated with "hysteria."
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-13-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

D.

No doubt about it.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

I mostly don't. I read articles sometimes from their site. When they get particularly crazy, like their hosts equating the FBI with organized crime and saying members of Mueller's team should be arrested and sent to jail for basically just doing their jobs, it's kind of hard to avoid when other outlets show those clips and comment. To say it's mostly just the fault of the anti-Trumps who are overreacting to Trump's clown show, just doesn't square with my view of reality. Trump is the President, so his behavior is news and it does matter, especially when it comes to national security. I sense that to Trump's cult following, which includes Fox and the far-right Breitbart types, ANY disagreement with anything Trump says or does is equated with "hysteria."
    Accusing folks like you of using hyperbole is a passive-aggressive way for Tump sympathizers to engage in Trump apologetics without completely coming out of the closet.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Stop watching Fox News.
    I won't read news articles from Fox news or Huffington Post. I immediately discount them as propaganda from their respective sides.

I also refuse to read anything from BuzzFeed because all they used to have were slideshows designed to generate clicks. That still may be the case.

If you would like to hear a left wing slant on Fox, Shep Smith has an hour show I think.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    If you would like to hear a left wing slant on Fox, Shep Smith has an hour show I think.
    Is he really left wing? I know he's questioned the Trump propaganda machine enough that I'm surprised he's stayed on there.

Is he really left wing? I know he's questioned the Trump propaganda machine enough that I'm surprised he's stayed on there.
    I said slant left. My knowledge is limited as I have only watched him a few times.

I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. I used to work with someone like that. He wasn't Russian but he was evangelical and would talk about how they're becoming a "Christian nation." I think a lot of it was their strong anti-gay laws since this guy is also very anti-gay. Naturally he is also a big Trump fan as well. The only Russians I know who live in America are not fond of Putin though. Go figure.

Most of the rest of conservatives I think really aren't paying much attention to the story.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-14-2018 at 11:16 AM.

I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. Most of the rest of the conservatives I think really aren't really paying much attention to the story.
    Russia’s an authoritarian state with its own brand of Christian fascism. I think their anti lgbt stuff appeals to some right wingers. Ronnie Reagan must be rolling in his grave.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Russia’s an authoritarian state with its own brand of Christian fascism. I think their anti lgbt stuff appeals to some right wingers. Ronnie Reagan must be rolling in his grave.
    Other things that guy said were stuff like, "having a dictator here might be alright if they did the right things." He didn't have much of an answer when I asked what happens if the dictator does the wrong things.

I think there's a weird segment of the right wing that for whatever odd reason really like Russia and have no problem with the idea that they'd be messing in our elections. I used to work with someone like that. He wasn't Russian but he was evangelical and would talk about how they're becoming a "Christian nation." I think a lot of it was their strong anti-gay laws since this guy is also very anti-gay.

Most of the rest of conservatives I think really aren't paying much attention to the story.
    Though I lean right, I wouldn't necessarily call myself right wing. Nevertheless, I will regale you with why the accusations of Russian meddling in our elections doesn't move the needle much for me.

Of course they are attempting to meddle. They don't like us. We are a threat to their international ambitions - a geopolitical foe, if you will. It is our job to have systems in place that will prevent their attempts from having any effect. I'm not shocked that they're trying to attack our system. I just want each jurisdiction to have systems and audit trails that protect the integrity of the vote as well as ballot privacy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96