No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More inconvenient truth from the NBC arm of MSNBC.

<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...report-n971601>

Mueller has filed charges against 34 people and secured convictions of some of Trump's key former advisers. But none of the charges have accused anyone in Trumpworld of conspiring with the Russian intelligence operation to help Trump get elected in 2016. Nor has Mueller made any allegation that the president is compromised by Russia — a suspicion that percolates in part because of Trump's favorable behavior towards Vladimir Putin.
    (Sorry BlueK, this is an article written by a "Ken" not a video message delivered by a "better-looking" female reporter that you can subsequently fantasize about.)
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      More inconvenient truth from the NBC arm of MSNBC.

<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...report-n971601>

(Sorry BlueK, this is an article written by a "Ken" not a video message delivered by a "better-looking" female reporter that you can subsequently fantasize about.)
      You need to start connecting the dots like franK
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Not surprising, but disturbing all the same. It's also an issue of national security.

Trump refused to believe US intelligence on North Korea's ICBM launch because Putin told him otherwise: McCabe's book

President Donald Trump believed Russian President Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies on North Korea, former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe reveals in his new book "The Threat," The Washington Post reported Thursday.

North Korea launched its first intercontinental ballistic missile on July 4, 2017.

Trump insisted intelligence reports claiming North Korea had launched an ICBM were incorrect, refusing to believe the reports because Putin had told him that North Korea did not have that capability.

When US intelligence first informed the president that North Korea had launched an intercontinental ballistic missile, he reportedly refused to believe them. Instead he relied on the questionable information given to him by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Andrew McCabe, the former deputy director of the FBI, explains in his new book "The Threat," a detail from which the Washington Post reported Thursday evening.The president has repeatedly clashed with the intelligence community he leads on a wide range of issues.
        https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...19-2?r=US&IR=T

Comment

• Roger Stone is such a class act. So unfortunate he is caught up in this nothingburger.

Roger Stone Shares a Photo of Judge With Crosshairs Near Her Head

Roger Stone continued his strange post-arrest media strategy on Monday by posting an Instagram photo of the federal judge who is presiding over his case with crosshairs near her head. Shortly after posting it, however, Stone deleted the image from his Instagram feed.
          The photo, of U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who placed a limited gag order on Stone just last week, was posted along with text, presumingly from Stone himself, that included mentions of the “Deep State” and, of course, all of the usual conspiracy subjects and suspects: Benghazi, Hillary Clinton and Obama. And it wouldn’t be a Roger Stone production if it didn’t include some kind of profiteering or a fundraising hook.
          https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...shairs-796184/

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Roger Stone is such a class act. So unfortunate he is caught up in this nothingburger.

Roger Stone Shares a Photo of Judge With Crosshairs Near Her Head

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...shairs-796184/

I saw the motion submitted by his attorneys this morning: the all-too commonplace "Notice of Apology".

*edit* here it is:

Last edited by Commando; 02-19-2019, 12:33 PM.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I don't think Trump's problems with investigations are going to end any time soon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/o...rats-barr.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                I don't think Trump's problems with investigations are going to end any time soon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/o...rats-barr.html
                Heh. It won't be easy for you to let go of your two-year emotional investment into this witch hunt, will it.

Since Mueller will likely close his investigation without having indicted one American for criminally conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election, you will definitely need to find somewhere else to get your Trump-Putin-love (no homo) fix. There will be many willing to preach to you the conspiracies of Trump, mingled with twitter.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Heh. It won't be easy for you to let go of your two-year emotional investment into this witch hunt, will it.

Since Mueller will likely close his investigation without having indicted one American for criminally conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election, you will definitely need to find somewhere else to get your Trump-Putin-love (no homo) fix. There will be many willing to preach to you the conspiracies of Trump, mingled with twitter.
                  LOL. Whatever. I don't think they're done with the indictments, but we'll see. But whether there is legally provable conspiracy through Mueller's investigation, or other impeachable offenses that come to light through Congressional hearings that will have to be dealt with politically rather than legally, he's going to have a lot over the next several months. That's all the article was saying.

And after four pointless years of BENGHAZI! and other similar pointless investigations, the GOP in Congress don't have much room to complain. They all know Trump is a hopeless disaster but haven't stood up to him because they're afraid of his cult following.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 02-22-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

LOL. Whatever. I don't think they're done with the indictments, but we'll see. But whether there is legally provable conspiracy through Mueller's investigation, or other impeachable offenses that come to light through Congressional hearings that will have to be dealt with politically rather than legally, he's going to have a lot over the next several months. That's all the article was saying.

And after four pointless years of BENGHAZI! and other similar pointless investigations, the GOP in Congress don't have much room to complain. They all know Trump is a hopeless disaster but haven't stood up to him because they're afraid of his cult following.
                    His cult following that includes over 40% of America?

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      No. The "cult" or the "if I shot someone on Fifth Avenue they'd still love me" and the rally-attending types I would say is probably about 25-30% at best. I calculate that based on the percentage he was getting in the GOP primaries when there were still several others in the race. Based on your posts I wouldn't include you in that number (or even most GOP members of Congress, for that matter). But you know who those folks are. He never even got 50% of the total vote of Republicans during the primaries (total vote, not delegates obviously), so I think that number is fair. The rest of that 40% are Republicans who side with him because they're Republicans. The remaining 60% are independents and Democrats.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 02-22-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Uhhh. No. Closer to 30% of America, and you can hardly call every single Trump voter as a member of the cult. 31% voted for Hillary, and about 35% didn't vote. I imagine that will change next time around.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Uhhh. No. Closer to 30% of America, and you can hardly call every single Trump voter as a member of the cult. 31% voted for Hillary, and about 35% didn't vote. I imagine that will change next time around.
                          Don't forget the Evan mcmullin-ites!

Comment

• One of those jackass Tea Party loudmouthes tried to intimidate Cohen. It's pretty unseemly.

Trump Ally Rep. Matt Gaetz Insists He’s Not Threatening Michael Cohen, Just ‘Witness Testing’

One day before Michael Cohen appears before the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a conservative firebrand from Florida and a White House ally, accused President Trump’s former lawyer of straying from his marriage and suggested that his wife would leave him once he goes to prison.

“Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot…”

Gaetz’s tweet, which appeared to be based on nothing of inherent knowledge, gave off the veneer of a thinly-veiled threat to Cohen in the hours before he is set to discuss his time working as Trump’s right-hand man and his involvement in hush-money payments to alleged mistresses.

But in a phone interview shortly after he posted the item, the Florida Republican insisted that he was not engaging in witness intimidation at all.

“No,” he stressed, “it is challenging the veracity and character of a witness. We do it everyday. We typically do it during people's testimony.”

“This is what it looks like to compete in the marketplace of ideas,” he added...

“It’s that last line that seems really problematic,” emailed Stephen Vladeck, a professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law, “‘She’s about to learn a lot…’ What is the test implied in that statement, as opposed to the insinuation that as a result of his testimony, his wife is going to come into negative information about him?”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-him?ref=wrap

Comment

• The Cohen hearing has started and the Republicans are already trying to pull the shenanigans, which is anything they can do to keep him from talking. They're whining now that they didn't get Cohen's statement early enough yesterday and trying to demand a postponement. The Florida congressman yesterday making threats and then this nonsense already this morning would seem to indicate they're pretty scared. Too bad. Elections have consequences.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-27-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The Cohen hearing has started and the Republicans are already trying to pull the shenanigans, which is anything they can do to keep him from talking. They're whining now that they didn't get Cohen's statement early enough yesterday and trying to demand a postponement. The Florida congressman yesterday making threats and then this nonsense already this morning would seem to indicate they're pretty scared. Too bad. Elections have consequences.
                                They have zero interest into getting to the bottom of Trump’s potentially treasonous behaviors. They just want to protect him at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X