Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Comrade Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

Donald wants to win because he's a winner and he's bigger, faster, smarter, and more important than everyone else. All he does is win. ("So much winning!")

But he doesn't want any of the actual responsibility that comes with being president. He just wants people to adore him and tell him how great he is - but bring president is a TON of work! (or at least it should be)

That comes across in everything he does. Right down to wanting to "win" the popular vote and explain he got more votes than Hillary because so many of hers were illegal - without actually having to do the work to back up whether or not what he is saying is true. (And which is unlikely to be true - but he can't admit that, because that isn't winning!)
    I pray that the day comes soon that he declares himself the greatest president in the history of the country and decides to walk away from the job because it's not possible to make his presidency any greater than the perfection only he has ever achieved! Oh yes, and Mike will do a great job, I gotta tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I pray that the day comes soon that he declares himself the greatest president in the history of the country and decides to walk away from the job because it's not possible to make his presidency any greater than the perfection only he has ever achieved! Oh yes, and Mike will do a great job, I gotta tell ya!
    Well...you're halfway there. Hasn't he already declared himself to be the best president ever?

I'm not as optimistic as you are that he'll walk away mid-term. But I am optimistic that he'll claim victory after his term is up and tell us he's fixed everything he came to fix so he can ride off into the sunset now and not run for a 2nd term.

RUSSIANS ARE NOW TRYING TO HACK U.S. SENATE EMAILS

The Russian hacking group that stole Democratic National Committee emails during the 2016 presidential campaign has also tried to break into the U.S. Senate email system, according to a cybersecurity company.

The hacking group, known by the nickname Fancy Bear, stepped up its political hacking efforts in the second half of 2017, including setting up fake websites designed to mimic a Senate email system.

“They were quite active, targeting at least five organizations, including two government organizations outside of the U.S.,” Feike Hacquebord, one of the researchers tracking the group for Trend Micro, told Newsweek.

Hacquebord said he couldn’t tell whether the fake websites worked, only that the Russian hackers had been attempting to hook Senate staffers. He said the hackers have also been busy internationally, trying to gain access to the accounts of Iranian email users the day before that country’s 2017 presidential elections, for example.

It is against Trend Micro's policy to claim that governments are behind any hacking group, but other cybersecurity experts have linked Fancy Bear to the GRU, the Russian military intelligence agency. U.S. intelligence agencies also made the connection as part of a public report on Russia’s meddling in recent U.S. elections.
    http://www.newsweek.com/russians-try...-emails-779646
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post

Calm down frank and stop shouting.

Also, this is the least surprising news of forever. I’d be surprised if they weren’t trying to hack the senate, house, fbi, cia, homelands securtiy, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I chuckle every time Fancy Bear is in the news.

Interesting article. It also says:

The attacks use what cybersecurity experts call “spear phishing,” a technique that attempts to fool victims into providing security information, downloading files or going to certain websites because of specific details in an email that make it appear to be coming from a legitimate source.
    That is not hacking, in my mind. That is just taking advantage of the dumb and/or inattentive.

Then the article says, without further comment:

Democrats have been warning that Russia will try to meddle in the 2018 midterm elections and say President Donald Trump has done little to protect the U.S. against such efforts.
    What should Trump do, exactly, to protect the USA form Phishing? Maybe we could ask John Podesta, who surely understands the issue better now.

Like Moli said, not surprising. Good to remind everyone to be careful and attentive.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Everything that Frank said is true! Drumpf is a Russian agent... Moby was recruited by the CIA to help take him down:

Moby: CIA Agents Asked Me to Help Them Take Down the Trump-Russia Conspiracy

Moby is a busy guy these days. Not only is he preparing to release his new album Everything Was Beautiful, and Nothing Hurt, he’s also got to keep up with his side gig helping the intelligence community spread the word about the Russians’ efforts to install a puppet government in the United States by way of Donald Trump. Moby first revealed his new job back in February, when he shared some info he’d received from some “friends who work in dc [sic]” on his social media accounts. He said he could “accurately” report that the Russian dossier prepared by Fusion-GPS was “100% real” and that Trump is being blackmailed for “much more nefarious things” than being peed on by Russian sex workers. He also intimated that by passing this information he might be putting himself in danger.
    [...]
    Yikes! Listen to the whole WFPK interview below. The spy stuff starts around the 8-minute mark.
    https://www.spin.com/2018/01/moby-ci...ump-collusion/

Wait... why is the CIA trying to overthrow our government?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently than the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

The subpoena is a sign that Mr. Bannon is not personally the focus of the investigation. Justice Department rules allow prosecutors to subpoena the targets of investigations only in rare circumstances.

On Tuesday, Mr. Bannon testified behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Mr. Bannon did not address reporters before entering the proceeding on Tuesday, and a spokesman for Mr. Mueller and a senior White House lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/u...-subpoena.html

This is breathlessly reported as a “major“ development in the investigation by wolf blitzer today. Because? No reason given. No idea what he’ll be asked or what he’ll say but he’s being questioned?? MAJOR DEVELOPMENT I say!!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    This is breathlessly reported as a “major“ development in the investigation by wolf blitzer today. Because? No reason given. No idea what he’ll be asked or what he’ll say but he’s being questioned?? MAJOR DEVELOPMENT I say!!
    "Sloppy Steve" is going to squeal like a pig and tell everyone how Drumpf Jr had a meeting with that russian lawyer lady... Maybe we will finally get the Russian dirt on Clinton. I love it!
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Bannon refused to answer House panel's questions about time in White House

President Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon refused to answer questions Tuesday from the House intelligence committee about his time in the White House, prompting panel members to subpoena him on the spot, according to a person familiar with the interview.

Bannon appeared before the committee as part of its investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, speaking just weeks after a falling-out with Trump over comments he made in an explosive new book.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) confirmed Tuesday that he issued a subpoena for Bannon.

“Of course I authorized the subpoena," he told reporters. "That’s how the rules work.”

According to the person familiar with the interview, Bannon's attorney told the committee he wouldn't discuss anything about his time in the White House or during the transition after the 2016 election. During that period, Trump allegedly sought a pledge of loyalty from then-FBI Director James Comey and later fired him.

The source said Republicans lawmakers — including Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and former federal prosecutor Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) — were frustrated that Bannon was not more forthcoming. Bannon did not invoke executive privilege, the source said.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ubpoena-341492

Bannon refused to answer House panel's questions about time in White House

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ubpoena-341492
    MAJOR development.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

MAJOR development.
    lol. ok, creek.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    lol. ok, creek.
    Major!

A one time primary aide to the POTUS refuses to answer a voluntary call to testify so a subpoena is issued. I don't know, OG, isn't that pretty much how most litigation goes? Just in one of my little cases I have a witness who won't talk to me so guess what is out for service? I will wait to see if it is a MAJOR development until I get his testimony.
    Last edited by creekster; 01-16-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Major!

A one time primary aide to the POTUS refuses to answer a voluntary call to testify so a subpoena is issued. I don't know, OG, isn't that pretty much how most litigation goes? Just in one of my little cases I have a witness who won't talk to me so guess what is out for service? I will wait to see if it is a MAJOR development until I get his testimony.
    ok buddy.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

ok buddy.
    I miss the days I was your bro.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Major!

When a subpoena is issued in these circumstances, what is the penalty for non-compliance? Same as any other subpoena? Contempt?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    When a subpoena is issued in these circumstances, what is the penalty for non-compliance? Same as any other subpoena? Contempt?
    Contempt of congress, I believe. But I think it rarely happens and I also think it is justice that has to prosecute, which might be a little tricky here.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

lol. ok, creek.
    One of his jobs is to police frank. Apparently.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    One of his jobs is to police frank. Apparently.
    ANd is one of your jobs to police me? Apparently?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

ANd is one of your jobs to police me? Apparently?
    Sadly, you can't stage manage a grizzly bear.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Sadly, you can't stage manage a grizzly bear.
    It's not a bear, either.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Steve Bannon Will Tell All to Robert Mueller, Source Says

Trump’s one-time chief strategist and current frenemy may have been tight lipped with Congress. He won’t be that way with the special counsel.

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon broke some bad news to House investigators on Tuesday, announcing that the White House has invoked executive privilege to keep him from answering many of their questions.

But executive privilege—the president’s right to keep certain information from the public so he can have frank conversations with aides—will not keep Steve Bannon from sharing information with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team, according to a person familiar with the situation.

“Mueller will hear everything Bannon has to say,” said the source, who is familiar with Bannon’s thinking.

During a closed-door hearing before the House intelligence committee today, Bannon reportedly told lawmakers that President Donald Trump has invoked broad executive privilege for the purposes of Congressional inquiries. Because of that, Bannon refused to answer committee members’ questions about what happened during the presidential transition and in the White House.

This sweeping understanding of privilege will not impact what Bannon tells Mueller’s team, according to our source. (To be sure, Bannon isn't known for being predictable, and it's possible his team may still look for ways to dodge Mueller's queries.)

But it means he isn’t answering many of Congress’s questions. A source familiar with Bannon’s interview told The Daily Beast that despite the subpoena—issued by Devin Nunes, the typically Trump-friendly chairman of the committee—Bannon refused to answer questions about events that happened after Election Day.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-...er-source-says

[B]Steve Bannon Will Tell All to Robert Mueller, Source Says

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-...er-source-says

Yeah, congress couldn't get him to talk... but the FBI has ways to get it out of him!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Investigators Are Scrutinizing Newly Uncovered Payments By The Russian Embassy

The transactions reveal:

One of the people at the center of the investigation, the former Russian ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak, received $120,000 ten days after the election of Donald Trump. Bankers flagged it to the US government as suspicious in part because the transaction, marked payroll, didn’t fit prior pay patterns.

Five days after Trump’s inauguration, someone attempted to withdraw $150,000 cash from the embassy’s account — but the embassy’s bank blocked it. Bank employees reported the attempted transaction to the US government because it was abnormal activity for that account.

From March 8 to April 7, 2014, bankers flagged nearly 30 checks for a total of about $370,000 to embassy employees, who cashed the checks as soon as they received them, making it virtually impossible to trace where the money went. Bank officials noted that the employees had not received similar payments in the past, and that the transactions surrounded the date of a critical referendum on whether parts of Crimea should secede from Ukraine and join Russia — one of Vladimir Putin’s top foreign policy concerns and a flash point with the West.

Over five years, the Russian Cultural Centre — an arm of the government that sponsors classes and performances and is based in Washington, DC — sent $325,000 in checks that banking officials flagged as suspicious. The amounts were not consistent with normal payroll checks and some of the transactions fell below the $10,000 threshold that triggers a notice to the US government.

The Russian Embassy in Washington, DC, sent more than $2.4 million to small home-improvement companies controlled by a Russian immigrant living not far from there. Between 2013 and March 2017, that contractor’s various companies received about 600 such payments, earmarked for construction jobs at Russian diplomatic compounds. Bankers told the Treasury they did not think those transactions were related to the election but red-flagged them because the businesses seemed too small to have carried out major work on the embassy and because the money was cashed quickly or wired to other accounts.

Each of these transactions sparked a “suspicious activity report” sent to the US Treasury’s financial crimes unit by Citibank, which handles accounts of the Russian Embassy. By law, bankers must alert the government to transactions that bear hallmarks of money laundering or other financial misconduct. Such reports can support investigations and intelligence gathering — but by themselves they are not evidence of a crime, and many suspicious activity reports are filed on transactions that are perfectly legal. Intelligence and diplomatic sources who reviewed the transactions for BuzzFeed News said there could be justifiable uses for the money, such as travel, bonuses, or pension payouts.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopol...NV#.yh3mZqalvG

FBI investigating whether Russian money went to NRA to help Trump

The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency, two sources familiar with the matter have told McClatchy.

FBI counterintelligence investigators have focused on the activities of Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA, the sources said.

It is illegal to use foreign money to influence federal elections.

It’s unclear how long the Torshin inquiry has been ongoing, but the news comes as Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sweeping investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, including whether the Kremlin colluded with Trump’s campaign, has been heating up.

All of the sources spoke on condition of anonymity because Mueller’s investigation is confidential and mostly involves classified information.

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...mpression=true

FBI investigating whether Russian money went to NRA to help Trump

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...mpression=true
    Stupid Russians. How are they going to invade against our fully armed populace? They didn't think this one through too well.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Stupid Russians. How are they going to invade against our fully armed populace? They didn't think this one through too well.
    Their training and weapons are still better than your 65 year old next door neighbor with his hunting rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Their training and weapons are still better than your 65 year old next door neighbor with his hunting rifle?
    My neighbors have some pretty awesome stuff... like night vision goggles, suppressors, etc. One even has a full-automatic gun license. Of course, they all justify it with the fact they need to for the war against feral hogs that are invading Texas.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!